Some people see iPhone 5s as a wonder Smartphone. The cool features of iPhone might have made you buy this device. However, you need to maintain the device well if you intend to keep enjoying its features. And one of the ways many people choose to do that is to wipe iPhone 5s whenever the need arises.
If your iPhone gets stuck, and you do not know a way out, or how to get it working again, you may need to wipe iPhone 5s so that it can start working normally. iPhone getting stuck is a common experience, and you should be prepared to wipe it. Also, you may need to sell your device. You do not want the new owner to gain access to your private information, do you? Then you need to wipe it. If you want to boost the device or keep sensitive information away from people, the wise course is to wipe it.
Backup before Wiping iPhone 5s
Now that you have decided to wipe your iPhone 5s, you will be doing yourself a great disservice by not backing up your device before going ahead to wipe. Some users made this mistake, and you should avoid it by backing up to either iTune or iCloud. You may also back up the device to your computer.
How to Wipe iPhone 5s?
1 Wipe iPhone 5s from Setting
Now, to wipe your iPhone 5s data, you can start from the setting. Simply follow the steps below.
- The first thing to do is to unpair Apple Watch with your iPhone (in case you paired them previously).
- The next thing to do is to back up your iPhone device (recheck the information above).
- Click on Settings and then iCloud.
- Click on Sign Out.
- From the menu, click on Delete from My iPhone and enter your password.
- Once done, return to Settings and click General.
- Tap on Reset, and then Erase All Content and Settings.
At this stage, you have successfully wiped your iPhone 5s. Now, you can go ahead and do whatever you want to do that necessitated the wiping in the first place. However, there are disadvantages of wiping iPhone device via Setting.
- Data: You might have to contend with the loss of data if you wipe your iPhone.
- iOS System: Your iPhone could crash, resulting in that you are not able to enjoy it normally.
- Faulty Device: Your iPhone could go dead when you trying to reactivate it after erasing all data.
- Easy to Recover: The data have not been completely overwritten, it is often easy to recover your data with the data recovery software.
2 A Better Way to Wipe iPhone 5s Safely
As you can see, wiping iPhone via Setting may cause you more harm than good. However, there is a better way to wipe it safely without having to worry about negative consequences. Many people are using this method, and it is very effective. The solution is iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac.
Umate Pro is the ultimate software that you need for wiping your iPhone 5s data and it has cool features that can be used for various needs. Look at a few features and what they can be used for.
- Erase All Data: Do you want to sell your device? Use this mode to permanently wipe all your iPhone data. Security and privacy is guaranteed with Umate Pro because once a file is erased, it cannot be recovered again.
- Erase Deleted & Private Files: These two modes can be used to protect privacy. Using them ensure that no private information is leaked. It allows you to erase all your current and previously deleted messages, call histories, WhatsApp data, photos, videos etc. It also enables you preview the data file you want to wipe.
- 1 Click Cleanup: If more storage is needed or iPhone get stuck, use this mode. It can get massive iPhone space back by cleaning junk & temporary files, removing in bulk photos/videos/App or compressing photos.
- Current and Previously Deleted Files: Any previously deleted data and current ones can be permanently wiped out.
- Easy to Use: Unlike other software, Umate Pro is simple software to use.
How to Permanently Wipe iPhone 5s with Umate Pro
Step 1: Umate Pro should first be installed on a computer, then using a cable, connect iPhone 5s to the computer.
Step 2: Pick out erase mode of your choice and apply. To wipe your iPhone 5s completely, use the “Erase All Data” mode.
Step 3: Confirm your intention by typing Delete into the box. And your iPhone 5s will be wiped successfully and permanently.