Clearing notifications was quite easier in the previous versions of the iOS firmware. However, iOS 10/11/12 update completely redesigned the Lock Screen and Notification Center. Because of this, clearing all notifications on iOS 10/11/12 at once may seem like a challenge as it is not clear how to do it. But the option is still there. Read on to find out.
How to Clear All Notifications on iOS 10/11/12?
- Method 1: Clear All Notifications on iOS 10/11/12 Using 3D-Touch
- Method 2: Clear All Notifications on iOS 10/11/12 without 3D-Touch
- Bonus Tip 1: Clear Specific Notifications on iOS
- Bonus Tip 2: Amazing Tool to Keep Your iOS Device Running Faster
Clear All Notifications on iOS 10/11/12 Using 3D-Touch
If you have an iPhone 6S or a newer model, then clearing all notifications is quite easy. This is because iOS 10/11/12 supports the use of 3D Touch on which iPhone 6S and newer iOS devices rely on. 3D Touch is a pressure-sensitive touchscreen feature by Apple. So, if your device has 3D Touch, then you can easily clear all notifications by gently pressing the ‘X’ icon. Follow these instructions:
- On your iOS device, swipe down from the Home screen.
- Now gently press the X button shown on top of the Notification Center.
- Then, simply tap Clear All Notifications option.
Clear All Notifications on iOS 10/11/12 without 3D-Touch
If your iOS device does not have the 3D Touch feature (e.g. it is an older model than iPhone 6S), then you can still clear all notifications at once. However, the method to do this is a bit different. This method works on iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, and older iOS devices. Follow these instructions:
- On your iOS device, swipe down from the top of any screen to open the Notification Center.
- Now find and tap on the X button and then tap on the Clear button. All your recent notifications will now disappear. Repeat this step for other groups of notifications to clear them.
Bonus Tip 1: Clear Specific Notifications on iOS 10/11/12
If you are looking for a way to clear individual notifications on iOS, then there is a method to do this as well. Apple allows you to remove specific notifications. You will need to use the older swipe method to clear specific notifications. Here are the steps:
- On your iOS device, bring up the Notification Center by swiping down from the top of any screen.
- Once the Notification Center appears, find the notification that you wish to clear and then swipe over it from right to left.
- After that, a Clear button will appear on the screen. Use that button to clear the specific notification.
All the above-mentioned methods will only clear existing notifications. New notifications will continue to show up in the Notification Center. If you want to control the type of notification that appears in the Notification Center, open your Settings app and navigate to Notifications section to choose which notifications should appear.
Bonus Tip 2: Amazing Tool to Keep Your iOS Device Running Faster
Temporary and junk files are the primary reason why iPhone often runs slow. If you are looking for a way to make your iOS device run faster, then it is recommended that you use iMyFone Umate Pro for Win / iMyFome Umate Pro for Mac. It is equipped with junk/temp file cleaning feature that will quickly clean all the temporary and junk files from your iOS device and boost its performance significantly so that it keeps running faster.
What Can iMyFone Umate Pro Do with Junk files/Temp files
- Clean junk and temporary files from your iOS device for free.
- Clear redundant system usage reports and application crash logs which are generated by iOS.
- Delete Camera Roll, Photo Stream and Photo Library cache files which are created by third-party apps.
- Eliminate the temp files in User Storage Directory which were generated by third-party apps.
- Clear up the incomplete files and traces produced when iTunes failed to sync.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world: MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Steps to Delete Junk/Temp Files
Step 1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac or Windows PC using a compatible lightning cable and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2. Chosse the 1-Click Free Up Space mode and click on Quick Scan button. It will now scan your iOS device and display a list of data types that can be erased.
Step 3. From the list, use the Clean button beside the category of junk files and temporary files to erase them and boost your iOS device’s performance.
Other Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Permanently erase all types of data from your iOS device by overwriting it.
- Scan and permanently erase previously deleted data from your iOS device.
- Preview and erase your data selectively.
- Scan and permanently erase fragments created by third-party apps to avoid privacy leak.