When thinking about cache on your iPad, you likely think about internet cache and history. That is the cache most discussed in almost any forum. However, there are other locations that leave a cache, including your app store. This stored data can eat up memory on your iPad, making it run slower and less efficiently. It can even cost you battery life as your iPad works harder to perform common tasks. This is why it is imperative to clear app store cache iPad regularly, as part of your home maintenance of your electronics. There are four ways in which you can clear the app store cache on your iPad.
Part 1: Clear App Store Cache iPad through the App Store
First, let us look at how to accomplish this feat through the app store.
Step 1: Open the App Store on your iPad.
Step 2: At the bottom of the screen, you will see five tabs:
- a. Featured
- b. Top Charts
- c. Explore
- d. Search
- e. Updates
Step 3: Tap any one of the tabs 10 times.
Step 4: The App Store will refresh and load all of the apps again.
Part 2: Free Way to Clear App Store Cache iPad
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a revolutionary new tool that will aid is protecting your data and keeping your iPad and other apple products running smoothly. This product works to clean your temporary files, condense and store your photos and videos, and restore your products without the advent of additional apps to your device or factory reset methods.
The 5 features of iMyFone Umate Pro:
- 1-Click Free UP Space: aims to free up space, this function can remove many junks files and temporary files which eat up your storage. Besides, it can compress and delete photos lossless, and mass delete large files and apps.
- Erase Deleted Files: this mode can scan out files have been deleted and erase them permanently.
- Erase Private Data: this mode can scan out and wipe your current data, such as the contacts, messages, note, safari history, etc.
- Erase private Fragments: this mode can erase many fragments produced by third-party apps, include Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.
- Erase All Data: if you want to sell your iPad or give it away to others, it would be a good choice to use this mode. It will completely wipe all you data without any chance to be recovered.
Clear App Store Cache through 1-Click Free Up Space
The iMyFone Umate Pro offers an easy, one click option to clear app store cache. Once you download the software to your PC or MAC, simply follow these easy steps and your app store cache will be cleared:
- Open the software.
- Utilize a cable to connect your iPad to your PC (or MAC).
- Scan your device to provide a full space-saving analysis.
- Several spaces will appear in which you can clean your device and free space.
- Click the “clean” button next to the “Junk Files” and “Temporary Files”.
This mode in iMyFone Umate pro is totally free, if you are troubled by the lack of iPad memory, it would be a good choice to have a try of this software.
Part 3: Permanently Clear App Store Cache
Although the free mode can do a good job in clearing app store cache, there are many hidden caches that cannot be erased. Thus, the alternative is to ask the software to erase all data.
- Open the software and connect your iPad to your PC (or MAC).
- Choose the “Erase All Data” tab and click the “erase” button.
- Select either the high level, the medical level or the low level.
- Manually type “Delete” in the box.
However, please note that this function will erase all of you data, makes your iPad just like a new one. Therefore, if there are lots of necessary data in your iPad, please be careful to choose the suitable mode while using the software.
Part 4: Clear App Store Cache iPad through a 3rd-Party App
Another option is the one click option. This is done through a 3rd-party App called the Battery Doctor. Once you download the app, you can follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Open the App.
Step 2: Go to the tab labeled “Junk”.
Step 3: Tap the “Clean up Cache” button.
Step 4: Read the “Caution” message and choose clean.
The problem with this method is that you are still choosing to add a new application to your iPad which may create additional issues and cache. If you are having a severe problem with your iPad due to lack of memory from overload of app store cache, this option will not be available.
Once you have cleaned you device of your app store cache, you will notice a faster, smoother device. Your upload and download times will drastically improve while your overall capability will trick you into thinking you have a new device all together.