The Kik messenger is an instant messaging application which is frequently used by iPhone users. However, at times, one may need to remove the app from the iPhone 7 due to memory or privacy reasons.
Storage and capacity is one of the foremost reasons why users must opt for erasing iPhone Kik. The exchange and transfer of huge media files or other data via the messaging app can take up a lot of storage space, which means that the phone is going to experience functional problems. Hence, the need to clear up the phone, erase Kik and save storage arises.
Another important reason for removing the app can be the protection of privacy. In order to keep all the confidential messages and information safe, users might have to erase Kik from their iPhone permanently.
How to Erase Kik from iPhone 7
For either of the above mentioned reasons, if you want to erase Kik from your iPhone 7, there are certain steps to follow. All your data and message history will be removed, so be sure that it is what you want to do. Once the decision to erase Kik has been made, you can begin by deactivating the Kik account. Here is how can do that:
- Open the settings of the app and then tap "Your Account".
- After you have done that, press Reset.
- Then enter the Email address associated with the account on Kik’s official deactivation website.
- You will receive a confirmation email asking you to deactivate the app. Just click on the link and confirm the action.
After the deactivation, your Kik data which includes media files, voice messages and previous chats, will all be removed from your iPhone. If later on, you wish to register with Kik again, you will have to sign up using a different Email address.
The data in your phone may be recoverable if the files have been erased without any external removal program. If you wish to erase Kik and all the data permanently stored within permanently, you are going to have to download and run a data eraser such as iMyfone Umate Pro.
Completely Erase iPhone 7 Kik Data for Privacy Protection
This is one of the top data removal programs that you will find in the market. Users looking to clear up their storage space permanently can easily do so by running the program through their devices and initiating it with one click. iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac can help you erase selective data and as well as resetting your iPhone completely. It is very easy to navigate, has a user friendly interface and can clean up your phone in minutes.
There are 3 data erasing modes that everyone can choose from accordingly:
- Erase All data mode is for those who want to delete and remove all their data permanently and restore the iPhone 7 to factory reset. While data deleted by resetting iPhone can be recovered, the data erased by Umate Pro won’t be recovered even with the most modern recovery tool.
- Erasing deleted files is the option which will allow users to make sure that even those files which could be recovered previously are gone for good. There is no chance of the deleted data of being recovered by any way possible.
- The third mode of erasing private data presents the users with the option of removing permanently selective files from their phone.
Initiating the process to erase deleted iPhone 7 Kik data is also quite simple. All you have to do is:
Step 1:Download the program and run it on your device.
Step 2:Choose the Erase deleted files option and wait till the scanning completes.
Step 3:Once your computer detects the deleted files, you can confirm the action by typing delete into the message box.
By choosing iMyfone Umate Pro, you can ensure that all your confidential files remain safe and protected against security breaches. Since the information will be deleted without the option of recovery, no one can have access to the files later on.