For every iPhone user, a time will come when you have to do away with your old phone and get your hands on a new one. With the coming of the new iPhone, you also have to start thinking of doing something about your old iPhone.
However, it is difficult to simply give away or sell without more especially because of the manner and level of data that often gets retained on iPhones. You need to thoroughly wipe everything from old iPhone to secure your privacy.
The data still remains recoverable in some form and those that know how can get their hands on it and use it for their own ends. Your only solution is to wipe the data fully and in a way that it becomes 100% unrecoverable. There’s only one iPhone eraser that can do that for you.
Take the Safest Way to Erase Old iPhone Before You Sell or Give it Away
Even the “iPhone reset” cannot promise data is unrecoverable. The only way to safely wipe old iPhone is using third-party iPhone data eraser to repeatedly rewrite the original data from device and drive. For example, iMyFone Umate Pro is the number one iPhone data eraser that lets you secure your data privacy with full confidence. It places into your hands, the power to determine what happens to your private data once you are done with your old iPhone.
Umate Pro Takes Care of All Your iPhone Privacy:
- 100% Unrecoverable: Any erased data by Umate Pro is 100% unrecoverable even by FBI!
- Thoroughly Wipe iPhone: Everything on iPhone will be completely destroyed and removed, leaving to tracking.
- Existing Data or Deleted Files: It supports to erase everything that can be accessed or recovered, including the recoverable deleted files.
- Erase Selectively or All at Once: You can preview and select data to erase, or you can wipe the whole iPhone in one click.
Steps to Safely Wipe Your Old iPhone:
Step 1: Connect your old iPhone to computer. Open Umate Pro and it will automatically detect it. If not, please allow “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone.
Step 2: Choose the erasing mode from the left-side bar. To erase the whole iPhone, you can choose “Erase All Data”.
Step 3: Click “Erase” from the right panel and confirm it by typing “delete” into the box.
Note: To secure your privacy in the safest way, you can change the “Security Level” to “High Level“.
Umate Pro Review:
Umate Pro has been tested and strongly recommended by top tech media, like getintopc.com, APPKED, pocket-lint, etc. You can rest assured to install it for your old iPhone. Here is one of the review made by macworld.com.
Besides, iMyFone Umate Pro has won thousands of users’ hearts and received reviews from some real users:
What Else You Should Do Before You Sell or Give Old iPhone Away
Once you’re certain that you won’t be needing your old iPhone anymore, you should remove all your personal information from the device. However, please note that if you still want to keep using Apple devices, you should not delete any of your information while you’re signed in to iCloud.
Doing this would delete your content from iCloud and any other device you have signed in to iCloud. These are the step you should take before you sell or give away your old iPhone.
Thing 1: If you have paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair the Apple Watch
Thing 2: Back up your old iPhone
Thing 3: Sign out of iCloud, iTunes and the App Store. You can do this in the following ways:
- If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, go to “Settings”, scroll down and tap “Sign Out”. Enter your Apple ID password when prompted then tap “Turn OFF”.
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap on “Sign Out” again then tap “Delete” and enter your Apple ID password when prompted. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
Thing 4: If you would no longer be using an Apple device, deregister iMessage.
Using these steps, you can lay all your privacy concerns to rest and sell or give away your iPhone to whomever you want, whenever you want.