Your iPhone probably contains a lot of your personal and important info which you might want to erase before selling or donating the device. Deleting all info on iPhone is crucial before selling/donating the device as it ensures that your privacy is protected and your personal info is safe.
Following are several ways to help you delete all info on iPhone:
Part 2. The Ordinary Ways to Delete All Info on iPhone
The Safest Way to Erase All Info on iPhone (Unrecoverable)
When it comes to erasing all info from iPhone, iMyFone Umate Pro is the safest possible way. It is an ideal method to erase all info from your iPhone because there is no risk of privacy leak as the data erased is 100% unrecoverable. Apart from this, the software offers many other useful features which you can take advantage of.
Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Erase All Data: Permanently erase all data and settings from your iPhone without any hassles.
- Erase Private Data: Permanently erase private files from your iPhone such as photos, notes, videos, messages, contacts, etc. (Lear More >)
- Erase Deleted Files: Scan and erase previously deleted files from your iPhone to protect your privacy.
- Erase Private Fragments: Permanently erase private data fragments and traces left by third-party apps.
- Preview Any Data: Allow you to preview your iPhone data so that you can erase them selectively.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world: MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Steps to Permanently Erase All Info on iPhone
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer. And launch iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer. It will automatically detect your iPhone.
Step 2. Choose the Erase All Data mode from the main interface of the software. And click on the Erase button.
Step 3. Now you will need to select a Security Level of deletion. You can choose from Low, Medium, and High depending on your preferences. To ensure maximum security, it is recommended that you choose the High level.
Step 4. Input ‘delete’ in the textbox and then click on Erase Now button. The data deletion process will begin.
The Ordinary Ways to Delete All Info on iPhone
Delete All Information from iPhone with iTunes (Recoverable)
You can easily delete your personal data and info from your iPhone via iTunes. It is a recommended method of deleting iPhone data if you have iTunes already installed on your computer and you don’t mind connecting your iPhone to your computer for a reset. Here are the steps to clear all information from iPhone:
- Use a compatible lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC.
- Launch iTunes and select your iPhone when it is detected in iTunes.
- Now navigate to the Summary section of iTunes and then find and click on Restore iPhone option.
- You will need to click on the Restore button again in order to proceed. iTunes will start the data deletion process and your iPhone will automatically restart once the process is completed.
Delete All Info on iPhone Settings (Recoverable)
Another method to delete all info on iPhone is to reset the device via the Settings app. Similar to deleting with iTunes, this method will also delete all your personal and private info from your iPhone and restore all its settings and configurations to their factory defaults.
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to General > Reset and then find and tap on Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Now tap the Erase iPhone option and then tap on it again to confirm your action.
- You will also need to input your passcode as well as your Apple ID password in order to proceed. After that, the reset process will begin.
Cons of the Two Ordinary Ways You Must Learn
While the ordinary ways are simple and free, there are some disadvantages you must learn.
- Data erased via the above methods is not permanent as there are still lots of data traces and fragments on the device which may be easily recovered via a data recovery software.
- You cannot erase data selectively via the above methods.
- Once you have erased all your data via these methods, you may not be able to activate your iPhone.
- Erasing all data simultaneously particularly via the Settings app stresses the CPU and also impacts the battery life of the device.
- They are not the best options when it comes to erasing personal information to protect your privacy.