If you take a lot of photos with your iPad, then chances are sooner or later you will end up using all your storage. Deleting Camera Roll photos on iPad looks like an easy task, but it’s not that simple when it comes to deleting multiple photos to free up space. There are several methods to do this efficiently.
Part 2. Some Ordinary Ways to Delete Camera Roll on iPad
Best Way to Delete Camera Roll on iPad
Use A Professional iOS Data Eraser
One of the best ways to quickly and permanently delete Camera Roll photos from iPad is to use a data erasing software iMyFone Umate Pro. This software is equipped with many features that allow you to permanently erase any kind of data from your iPad with ease.
What Can iMyFone Umate Pro Do with Your iPad Photos?
- Scan all your iPad photos and erase them permanently to protect your privacy.
- Erasing multiple photos is highly convenient with this software.
- If you have already deleted your iPad photos and want to make sure that no one can recover them, then Umate Pro will help you do exactly that with Erase Deleted Files mode.
- Select and export iPad photos to your computer and permanently erase them from your iPad with one click.
- Free up space on your iPad by compressing large photos losslessly.
Steps to Delete Camera Roll Photos on iPad
Step 1. Connect your iPad to your Windows or Mac computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2. Select Erase Private Data mode from the main interface of iMyFone Umate Pro. Click the Scan button shown on the next screen. iMyFone Umate Pro will scan and list your private data such as photos, videos, messages, call history, Safari data, etc.
Step 3. From that list, select the photos that you wish to erase and then click the Erase Now button.
Other Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Fully compatible with all iDevices e.g. iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.
- Apart from permanently erasing photos, Umate Pro can also erase other types of data such as notes, messages, videos, Safari data, and more.
- Prevent privacy leak by erasing third-party app fragments and traces from your iPad.
- Free up space on your iPad and boost its performance via 1-Click Free Up Space mode.
Some Ordinary Ways to Delete Camera Roll on iPad
Delete via Photos App
Deleting Camera Roll photos is possible via the Photos app on your iPad. The process to do this is quite straightforward.
- Open Photos app on your iPad. Navigate to the Camera Roll folder and find the photo that you wish to delete.
- Now tap on the Select option shown on the top-right corner and select the photos you want to delete.
- Tap on the trash icon. Then tap Delete Photo to confirm your action. The photos will be moved to Recently Deleted folder which they will be automatically removed after 30 days.
Delete via DCIM folder (Windows)
The process to delete your iPad photos on Windows computer is quite straightforward in DCIM folder .
- Connect your iPad to your Windows PC.
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer and navigate to your iPad's DCIM folder.
- Select the photos that you want to delete and use the right-click menu to delete them.
Delete via Image Capture (Mac)
A lot of iOS users use Image Capture to delete multiple iPad photos on their Mac. This software is very useful as it provides a faster and efficient way to erase multiple photos on Mac.
- Connect your iPad to your computer.
- Open Image Capture. It will list all your iPad photos.
- Select the photos that you wish to delete and then click the tiny red icon located at the bottom of the window.
- Confirm your action to start the deletion process.
Cons of the Ordinary Methods
The primary con of all the ordinary methods is that the photos deleted can be easily recovered via a data recovery software. It's highly recommend that you use iMyFone Umate Pro to delete the camera roll permanently.