Lots of people use Viber. Just like any other messaging app, it makes it easy to talk with your friends and communicate for free. However, like many apps on your iPhone, Viber can pose a security risk if you’re not careful. You definitely want to delete your messages so that anyone who goes through your iPhone won’t find your private conversations.
The problem is that deleting them manually is not enough. Someone could conceivably recover them. This is why it’s a good idea to use a special application that can delete your Viber messages in such a way that they can’t be recovered.
Reasons for Why Delete Viber Messages on iPhone
Reason 1 iPhone Storage Saving
The truth is that as long as Viber messages keep accumulating on your iPhone, there is always a high chance that your storage space will be shrinking. This is because Viber messages like other applications take up a huge amount of space on your device. Therefore, it is always best to delete Viber messages on iPhone in order to save some storage space on your iPhone.
Reason 2 Privacy Protection
One of the major reasons to delete Viber messages on iPhone is to protect your privacy. When people communicate through the Viber platform, messages are left on the archives and there is a chance that these messages will be viewed by a third-party recovery tool.
Permanently Delete Viber Messages on iPhone (Unrecoverable)
Of course, you can directly delete viber chats/messages on iPhone, but it may not be the best way:
- Uninstalling Viber is fast to delete Viber conversations, but you need to set it up after reinstallation.
- Viber messages that deleted by hand are still recoverable, in which many recovery tools can retrieve.
In general, it's strongly recommended to use iPhone data eraser if you want to clear Viber chat history. Luckily, iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is the only one iPhone eraser that supports to delete Viber messages permanently. It does well to solve the 2 reasons why you need to clear Viber messages: iPhone space saving and privacy protection.
Solutions for Reason 1: Save iPhone Space
- Clear Viber Cache: All useless and invisible cache, junk and temp files will be cleared all at once for free. Viber cache is inclusive.
- Delete Viber Messages: Its "Erase Private Data" allows you to remove private Viber messages and any other private data on iPhone, which will reclaim a great amount of space.
- Release Huge Space in 1 Click: In one click, you can remove all the temporary files, losslessly compress photos, mass delete photos/videos/app on iPhone.
- 100% Unrecoverable: Any data erased by iMyFone is no longer recoverable even with the best recovery tool.
- Wipe Deleted Viber Messages: iMyFone Umate Pro has features that can show all deleted files so that you can erase them without having any chance of recovery even with the latest recovery tool.
- Permanently Delete Viber Chats: It can erase current sensitive Viber messages on iPhone to protect deleted data from being recovered.
- Erase Viber Traces: You may not realize that apps like Viber leave behind fragments of data that you may not be able to see, even after they are uninstalled. Umate Pro get rid of these fragments, protecting your privacy and freeing up space. It also works for Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, ...
Solutions for Reason 2: Protect Privacy
You can download and run iMyFone Umate Pro to freely scan how many fragments produced by your Viber app. You wound be shocked by it.
How to Delete Viber Messages on iPhone with No Chance to Restore
iMyFone Umate Pro provides a solid platform for erasing all kinds of data with 4 erasing modes, which offer different level of cleaning.
Step 1: Install iMyFone Umate Pro on your PC and connect your iPhone device.
Step 2: Select any of the Erase modes that is applicable to your need. Then begin to Scan your iPhone.
Step 3: Erase your Viber messages permanently on your iPhone.
Delete Viber Messages on iPhone Manually (Recoverable)
It is possible to delete Viber messages from iPhone directly. You can delete all messages, individual messages or message from the main screen. The following is the step by step guide, but note that deleting messages in this way is not safe because it can be recovered by tools.
Step 2: Long press on the message that you want to delete.
Step 3: A dialogue box will pop up. Choose “delete” on that pop up.
Step 4: From there, you can choose to delete the message just for yourself, or for “everyone,” meaning that other people will no longer be able to see the message, either.
Note that "Delete for everyone" only applies to messages that you have sent, not messages that other people have sent to you — those will still be visible on the other person’s device.
To delete all messages at once, do the following:
Step 1: Launch Viber and tap the Edit button.
Step 2: Tap the “Clear All” button. A popup will come up. Tap “clear conversations”.