Even though iOS 12 is still in the beta development phase there has been a lot of excitement surrounding its release. Lots of iPhone users are taking advantage of the beta by installing it on their iPhone and testing out some of the new features that it brings. However, one question that we've seen people asking repeatedly is whether or not the iPhone 5s is compatible with iOS 12.
- Method 1: Does iOS 12 Support iPhone 5s?
- Method 2: Why iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 Struggle to Run iOS 12?
- Method 3: Before Updating to iOS 12, You Need Help!
Does iOS 12 Support iPhone 5s?
Short answer: yes, iOS 12 does support the iPhone 5s. All iPhones from the 5s to the X can run iOS 12 and as such, the iPhone 5s is the earliest model that supports it. A full list of iPhones that are capable of running iOS 12 are:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
iOS 12 users will get to enjoy a revamped photo app, significantly improved AR support, more Animojis, and the much-anticipated group FaceTime calls! It's no wonder that so many people are eager to get their hands on it.
Why iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 Struggle to Run iOS 12?
Although it works, iOS 12 doesn't run effectively on the iPhone 5s or iPhone 6. Without overcomplicating things, it's simply down to these models being older and therefore being unable to effectively run the system.
On a more technical note - iOS 12 requires higher GPU performance and more RAM than these devices can offer. These reasons along with having too many junk files result in an incredibly slow operating system.
Before Updating to iOS 12, You Need Help!
Before you update to iOS 12, you should get your hands on iMyFone Umate Pro / iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac! This is the best program to optimize an iOS device's performance and to prove it, here are some of its key features.
- Clear Junk/Temp Files to Speed Up iOS. Enhance your iOS device's storage capacity by removing junk files left behind by third-party applications, temp files from previous iOS versions, and many other unneeded files that are filling your device's storage.
- Save Space for iOS 12. Compress photos, remove useless large files so that they no longer take large amounts of storage and uninstall multiple unused iOS apps at once.
- Permanently Erase Private Data. Getting rid of an old iPhone? Make sure that your private data can't be recovered by permanently erasing it with iMyFone Umate Pro. (Learn More >)
- iMyFone Umate Pro is fully compatible with iOS 9/10/11/12 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, Makeuseof.com , Cultofmac.com etc.
As you can tell, this isn't a program that you'll want to miss out on. If you ever want to get the most out of your iPhone's storage, then iMyFone Umate Pro is what you're looking for.
How to Speed Up iOS 12 with iMyFone Umate Pro
But, if you still want to use iOS 12 on your iPhone 5s, here's how to speed up your device's performance.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone 5s and open iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2. Click on “1-Click Free Up Space” from the sidebar menu. After the program detects your iPhone, your iPhone's storage information will be shown on-screen now. Click “Quick Scan”.
Step 3. After the scan finished, click on “Clean” next to “Junk Files”, “Temporary Files”, and “Large Files”.
After clicking each button the various data types will be cleared from your device and your performance will significantly improve.
There you have it! Follow these steps and in no time at all, you'll have all of the junk files removed from your iPhone 5s, and you can enjoy iOS 12 too.