- When you have forgotten your passcode, and enter the possible password several times, but the iPhone gets disabled.
- When your Touch ID is not working due to a busted fingerprint scanner.
- When someone else such as a friend or spouse, has unknowingly set a passcode on your iPad or iPhone and promptly forgets or denies it.
- When your kid or even a snooper has entered the wrong passcode at least six times, and your device gets disabled.
Most iPhone users do not know how to solve this issue. Luckily this guide will help you unlock your iPhone passcode and get your device back to its normal condition. It also works for a disabled iPad and iPod Touch.
Which Methods Should You Use?
When you have forgotten iPhone password or Touch ID not working, and your device is locked or -disabled, the only way to unlock is to find a way to erase your device or restore it.
- If you have previously synced your iPhone with iTunes, use iTunes to remove the passcode.
- If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes, use Recovery mode to unlock iPhone passcode.
Unlock iPhone Passcode with iTunes
1. How to Unlock Your iPhone Passcode If You Have Previously Synced Your iPhone with iTunes
If you have ever synced your iPhone with iTunes previously, then you can use iTunes to restore your device and unlock iPhone passcode. Ones done iTunes will erase all the data on the device since the last backup including the passcode preventing you from accessing it. To use iTunes users can follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Connect your device to the Mac or PC that you have synced your device with using a USB cable.
Step 2: Launch the iTunes application, and if asked to enter your passcode or trust this computer, please go to Find My iPhone in iCloud, try another pc you have synced with or use Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Let iTunes sync your device and make a backup and after finishing click “Restore iPhone” which will take you to the Set-Up screen.
Step 4: On the Set-Up screen tap Restore from iTunes backup > select your device > choose the recent backup to restore.
2. How to Unlock Your iPhone Passcode If You Have Never Synced Your iPhone with iTunes
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes, then you can unlock iPhone passcode by using recovery mode. It erases all content on the iPhone as well as the passcode denying you access.
Erase Your Device with Recovery Mode to Remove Your Passcode
The following steps will guide you on how to force your device into Recovery Mode
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to PC or Mac and then launch the iTunes application
Step 2: Force restart your device - Press and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button on iPhone 6, 6plus and below or the volume down on iPhone 7 and 7 plus simultaneously until you see an apple logo appear on display. This procedure may differ a little on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus and iPhone X
Step 3: When the Apple Logo appears, keep holding the buttons simultaneously until you see a Recovery Mode Screen and a window pops up on iTunes with the Restore and Update options.
Step 4: Choose the Restore option, and iTunes will automatically download software for your device and do a restore after which you can set up your device with the passcode of your choice
Reset iPhone with A Third-Party Tool
Users can also choose to use iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. It is a third-party application designed to circumvent most iPhone issues with the least problems on the user’s side. It’s much safer than iPhone factory reset, as the data erase by Umate Pro is 100% unrecoverable, even a professional data recovery tool cannot recovery the data wiped by Umate Pro.
- Erases all kinds of data- Umate Pro gets rid of all data on your iPhone, ranging from third-party apps data to iOS private data.
- Erases all data beyond recovery- it erases all iOS data that may infringe on your privacy if accessed by snoopers with zero probability of recovery.
- Erases previously deleted data- there are tools out there made for the sole purpose of recovering data, but Umate Pro takes care of that by erasing all previously deleted and hidden fragments with no chance of recovery
- Erases third-party apps- Umate Pro scrubs your iPhone clean erasing all private and sensitive data from third-party apps be it WhatsApp, WeChat, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Mobile app, Kik, Viber, etc
- 1-Click Cleanup- which removes all hidden iPhone junk & temporary files and manage iPhone photos/videos/music, creating space and making your iPhone run smoothly
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, Makeuseof.com , Cultofmac.com etc.
Steps to Reset iPhone using Umate Pro
Step 1: Download and run iMyFone Umate Pro on your mac or pc. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Click on the “Erase All Data” mode and then type “Delete” into the box.
Step 3: Lastly, click “Erase Now” to complete the process and once done you will have successfully unlocked your iPhone.
My iPhone Is Locked
When you say your iPhone or iPad is locked - what do you mean? Your iPhone is locked when you enter a wrong passcode on an iPhone or iPad, six times in a row. If you exceed ten times, then the device shows you the message “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes.” Once this happens, you are completely locked out, and you cannot be able to access your device including your music, videos, calendars, contacts, messages, iCloud among other services that you get from your iPhone. All you have is an expensive useless gadget on your hands unless you look for ways on how to unlock your iPhone’s passcode.
The good news is if your device is disabled follow either of the above methods and you will be able to erase it and do a restore from the last backup you made before your iPhone became disabled.