iPad is locked via screen lock by default but users use their own passcode for increased security. The passcode is also required when you attempt to reset the iPad. If you have forgotten your passcode and want to reset the iPad, then you will be glad to know that there are ways to do it.
Factory Reset iPad without Passcode or Computer
If your iPad is lost or stolen and you want to reset it but don't know the passcode or don't have a computer, then there is a way to do this. You will need to use Find My iPhone feature. Keep in mind that remote reset of your iPad is only possible when Find My iPhone is enabled on the device. Then use the Find My iPhone feature to locate and reset your iPad.
Steps to Factory Reset iPad without Passcode or Computer
Follow these instructions to factory reset iPad without passcode or computer:
- Use any other device to visit iCloud's official website.
- Log into the iCloud.
- After the login is successful, navigate to Find My iPhone section of the site. A map page will open.
- On that page, click on All Devices option and from the list of devices, choose your iPad.
- Now select Erase iPad option and then confirm your action. Re-login may be required. After you have confirmed Erase iPad option, your iPad will be set to erase.
Factory Reset Locked iPad without Passcode
Are you searching for ways to factory reset your locked iPad without passcode? Don't let a forgotten passcode keep you from using your iPad. We are here to introduce you to a tool that can help you to reset your locked iPad in few clicks without a passcode. It is iMyFone LockWiper.
iMyFone LockWiper can get you into a locked iPad when you forget your passcode,or your iPad is disabled. It has proven to be the best way to reset locked iPad without passcode.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Reset locked iPad without passcode is available for you when using iMyFone LockWiper.
- LockWiper can unlock your iPad when it is locked, disabled, screen broken, or with an outdated version of iOS.
- It can unlock 4-digit, 6-digit, Touch ID and Face ID locked iPads.
- It supports the latest versions of iOS and latest models of iPad and iPhone.
Steps to Reset Locked iPad without Passcode
First, download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer.
Step 1: Connect your locked iPad to computer and launch iMyFone LockWiper.
Step 2: Choose “Start” and connect your iPad to your computer using Apples original lightning cable.
Step 3: Put your iPad in DFU mode by following the instruction below:
- Turn Off your iPad if it isn't already.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Let go of the Power button but keep holding the Home button until the device is in DFU mode.
Step 4: Then you can confirm your iPad device information. Click “Download” to download the firmware package.
Step 5: Click “Start to Verify” after downloading.
Step 6: When the verifying complete. Click “Start Unlock” and then double confirm to start unlocking your iPad.
Step 7: It will finish within minutes. Just wait in patient untill it's done.
Factory Reset iPad without Computer
Steps to Factory Reset iPad without Computer
Want to factory reset iPad without computer? Apart from iCloud, you can also use the settings app on your iPad. Here are the steps to do this.
- Open Settings app at your iPad.
- Tap on Reset>Erase all contents and data
- Input the passcode of your iPad
With the above three steps, you'll be able to factory reset your iPad without computer.
Bonus: How to Erase Everything from iPad
iMyFone Umate Pro iPad Eraser is one of the best tools that you can use in order to reset your iPad and erase everything from it, permanently. Umate Pro has been specially designed to help iOS users quickly and conveniently reset their iDevices, erase their private data permanently, permanently erase deleted files, clean up their iDevices to boost their performance, and much more. Since Umate Pro erases data permanently, resetting an iDevice via this software is considered the best way to protect your privacy, particularly when you are resetting your iDevice before selling it.
Following are some features of Umate Pro:
- Completely reset iPad and erase all its data permanently within a few steps.
- Erase data traces of deleted files from iPad to prevent privacy leak.
- Clean up junk and temporary files of iPad and make the device faster.
- Permanently erase private data such as messages, contacts, call logs, private data from third-party messengers e.g. Viber, WhatsApp, etc.
- Preview items before you delete them permanently. With this feature, you won't have to worry about accidently deleting your data.
Steps to Erase Everything from iPad Via Umate Pro
Step 1. Use a compatible lightning or USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer and launch Umate Pro.
Step 2. From the main interface of Umate Pro, select Erase All Data. You will need to click the Erase button to proceed.
Step 3. Choose a Security Level of deletion. There are three options available. Medium Level is recommended if you are not sure which one to choose.
Step 4. Click the textbox available on the same window and input 'delete' then click the Erase Now button to start the deletion process.