iPad is locked via screen lock by default but users use their own passcode for increased security. The passcode is also required when you attempt to reset the iPad. If you have forgotten your passcode and want to reset the iPad, then you will be glad to know that there are ways to do it.
How to Factory Reset iPad without Passcode or Computer
If your iPad is lost or stolen and you want to reset it but don't know the passcode or don't have a computer, then there is a way to do this. You will need to use Find My iPad feature. Keep in mind that remote reset of your iPad is only possible when Find My iPad is enabled on the device. Then use the Find My iPad feature to locate and reset your iPad.
Follow these instructions to factory reset iPad without passcode or computer:
- Use any other device to visit iCloud's official website.
- Log into the iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
- After the login is successful, navigate to Find iPhone section of the site. A map page will open.
- On that page, click on All Devices option and from the list of devices, choose your iPad.
- Now select Erase iPad option and then confirm your action. Re-login may be required. After you have confirmed Erase iPad option, your iPad will be set to erase.
How to Reset iPad without Passcode or iTunes
Are you searching for ways to factory reset your locked iPad without passcode? Don't let a forgotten passcode keep you from using your iPad. We are here to introduce you to a tool that can help you to reset your iPad in few clicks without a passcode. It is iMyFone LockWiper.
iMyFone LockWiper can get you into a locked iPad when you forget your passcode, or your iPad is disabled. It has proven to be the best way to reset iPad without passcode.
Benefit A Lot from LockWiper:
- Completely reset your iPad without passcode or Apple ID passcode
- Reset iPad in any scenarios, like when iPad is locked, disabled or screen broken, etc.
- Remove forgotten passcode from iPad with iTunes, in just 5 minutes.
- Promise 99% success rate even to reset a second-hand or used iPad.
- Support to unlock every lock type: 4/6 digit passcode, Face ID or touch ID.
Steps to Factory Reset iPad without Passcode and iTunes
First, download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer.
Step 1: Connect your iPad to computer and launch iMyFone LockWiper.
Step 2: Choose “Start” and connect your iPad to your computer using Apples original lightning cable.
Step 3: Put your iPad in DFU mode by following the onscreen instruction below.
Step 4: Then you can confirm your iPad device information. Click “Download” to download the firmware package.
Step 5: Click “Start to Verify” after downloading.
Step 6: When the verification completes, click “Start Unlock” and then double confirm to start unlocking your iPad.
Step 7: It will finish within minutes. Just wait in patient untill it's done.
LockWiper deserves your trial. You can try to see whether it will work for you or not. But if you want to finish the whole process, please register it first. It will ask you to register when you click "Unlock" at the last step.
Factory Reset iPad without Computer (Passcode Required)
Want to factory reset iPad without computer? Apart from iCloud, you can also use the settings app on your iPad. But it requires you enter the iPad passcode or Apple ID password to proceed.
- Open Settings app at your iPad.
- Tap on General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Data.
- Input the passcode of your iPad. If "Find My iPad" is enabled, it will ask you to enter the Apple ID password.
With the above three steps, you'll be able to factory reset your iPad without computer.
How to Completely Reset Everything on Your iPad
iMyFone Umate Pro iPad Eraser is one of the best tools that you can use in order to reset your iPad and erase everything from it, permanently. Umate Pro has been specially designed to help iOS users quickly and conveniently reset their iDevices, erase their private data permanently, permanently erase deleted files, clean up their iDevices to boost their performance, and much more. Since Umate Pro erases data permanently, resetting an iDevice via this software is considered the best way to protect your privacy, particularly when you are resetting your iDevice before selling it.
- Completely reset iPad and erase all its data permanently within a few steps.
- Erase data traces of deleted files from iPad to prevent privacy leak.
- Permanently erase private data such as messages, contacts, call logs, private data from third-party messengers e.g. Viber, WhatsApp, etc.
- Preview items before you delete them permanently. With this feature, you won't have to worry about accidently deleting your data.
Steps to Erase Everything from iPad Via Umate Pro
Note: To permanently reset your iPad, please make sure you disable "Find My iPad" first.
Step 1. Use a compatible lightning or USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer and launch Umate Pro.
Step 2. From the main interface of Umate Pro, select Erase All Data. You will need to click the Erase button to proceed.
Step 3. Choose a Security Level of deletion. There are three options available. Medium Level is recommended if you are not sure which one to choose.
Step 4. Click the textbox available on the same window and input 'delete' then click the Erase Now button to start the deletion process.
In general, you can use "Find My iPad" to remotely reset your iPad without password and computer. To use it, you should make sure three requirements are well satisfied. If this way is not available for you, consider iMyFone LockWiper for help, which is your last trial. It can reset your iPad in any situation, without passcde, Apple ID password and iTunes. Don't be hesitate to try it when you need it.