You may still be having the mindset that the method to factory reset an iPhone 8 is the same with the older versions of iPhone. That notion doesn’t hold for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X. Apple has changed the method to factory reset an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X as outlined in their recent customer support newsletter.
Therefore, if your iPhone screen is blank or frozen, apps freezing or crashing, keypad/touchscreen not responding, can’t make or receive calls, or your iPhone 8 won’t sync, then you need this guide to restore your device to default settings. We’ve shared 3 tips in this post on how to factory reset iPhone 8.
Best Way to Restore iPhone 8 to Factory Settings
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser is our first option on the bucket list of methods to factory reset iPhone 8. This is because we know that this software can perform all the factory reset functions you may need. If you want to restore your iPhone to its default settings, then use Umate Pro to backup and erase all your iPhone files, data, and settings.
iMyFone Umate Pro as the ultimate iPhone data eraser is the solution to all the privacy issues you are facing with iPhone 8/8 Plus/X. It can erase your iOS device with 0% chances of data recovery, wipe third-party apps to recover iPhone storage space, and secure your iPhone against privacy breach.
iMyFone Umate Pro Quickly Factory Reset iOS Devices
- iMyFone Umate Pro can erase your iPhone 8 data to 100% Unrecoverable.
- Umate Pro has the feature to totally factory reset iPhone 8/8 Plus/X or other versions of iOS devices.
- Your deleted files which are still lurking in your iPhone memory will not be spared after reseting.
- There is also an option for you to selectively reset iPhone data without overwriting or destroying other files on your iPhone.
- All third-party app fragments can be erased from your iPhone in one click using iMyFone Umate Pro.
Steps to Use Umate Pro in Factory Resetting iPhone 8/8 Plus/X
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro on your PC, launch it. Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
Step 2: Trust your device and choose “Erase All Data” mode from the sidebar. Then click “Erase” button to start scanning your device.
Step 3: After the scan, select your security level and type “delete” into the box. Then click on “Erase Now” tab to start erasing your iPhone 8 to factory settings.
Factory Restore iPhone 8 via iPhone Setting
iPhone 8 can be reverted back to the way it was when it first came out of the box (i.e. wipe all contents, settings and personal information from the device) through iPhone Settings app. This method is recommended when you have your iPhone in good shape and form with all passcodes and IDs intact.
Hence, if you don’t have your iPhone passcode, then this method of factory resetting an iPhone 8 is not for you. Please, make sure that you have a complete backup of your iPhone on iTunes or iCloud before following the steps about how to factory reset iPhone 8.
Here are the steps to perform a factory reset of your iPhone 8 through the iOS Setting app.
- Go to your iPhone 8 Settings app and click on it to launch it.
- Tap “General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings”.
- iPhone will ask you to input your Apple passcode, then the erasing process will begin. After erasing your iPhone to factory settings, you can choose either to restore your iPhone data from an iCloud backup or set up your iPhone 8 as a new device.
How to Reset iPhone 8 by iTunes
You can easily factory reset your iPhone 8 with iTunes instead of using the second method above. Here is some situation when iTunes recovery mode method of factory reset is better than resetting via settings:
- Recovery mode works when iTunes cannot recognize your iPhone 8 or says that your iPhone 8 is in recovery mode.
- If your Screen is stuck on Apple logo with no progress bar.
- If iPhone 8 is saying “connect to iTunes”.
Here are the steps to factory reset your iPhone 8/8 Plus/X via iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X to your computer via USB cable.
- Force restarts your iPhone with these steps: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the side button until connect to iTunes screen appears.
- Choose “Update” and iTunes will download the software for your device. Set up your device at the end.