If you use an iPad, there is a major possibility that it doesn’t run as smoothly and efficiently as it used to when you first purchased it. One of the most common reasons for this is shortage of space in your iPad.
How Much Free Space Do We Need to Make iPad Run Smoothly?
While there is not a particular amount of space that you should keep free in your iPad, many of the experts suggest that you should at least try to keep around 5% free. For instance, if you have a 64GB iPad, which provides you with about 55GB of internal space, try to keep around 2GB-3GB free to ensure that it runs smoothly. However, this amount can vary depending on the types of files that you have in your iPad.
1. Common Useful Tips to Clean up iPad Memory
If you have already deleted all the files from your iPad that you don’t need any more, there are a few ways that can still help you save more space in your iPad.
- Upgrade to the latest version of iOS 10 - If you don’t know it already, iOS 10 helps in increasing the overall space of your device. Many of the users have confirmed that the storage of their iPad increased after upgrading to iOS 10. If sources are to be believed, if you have a 128GB iPad which provides you with 113GB of space, the upgrade to IOS 10 can increase this space up to 121GB. A mind-boggling 8 GB. This can abundantly help in improving the performance of your iPad.
- Backup data and delete items - If you think that all you have left in your iPad are important files that you need, a good way to clean up iPad memory is to create backup copies of those files and delete them from your iPad. You might not need all the files at once right? So create backup of the files that you don’t currently need and delete them from your iPad.
- Factory reset - The most effective way to save space in cleanup iPad memory is to factory reset the device. This will delete all the data from your iPad, so make sure that you backup all the files that you need. Also, be aware that some of t users have complained that factory reset temporarily or permanently deactivates the iPad.
2. Clear up Useless Files to Recover iPad Memory
Apart from the files that you intentionally store in your iPad, there are also a number of files, like cache, junk files, duplicate pictures and contacts, etc. that take up space in your iPad. How to remove these useless files to clean up iPad memory? Let us have a look.
1 Free Way to Clear up Junk and Temporary Files
You can use iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to recover the memory of your iPad. The software comes with many different cleaning modes and one such mode is ‘Cleanup junk and temporary files’. This is a free function for cleanup iPad memory, you will cost nothing for it.
Select this feature and the software will scan your device to provide you with detailed information about the junk & temporary files available in your iPad. Select the file data that you want to delete or delete all of them at once to clear up a considerable amount of space in your iPad.
2 Clear app caches, safari cookies, safari history
Over time, your iPad stores large amount of app caches, cookies from Safari browser, and Safari history. All the files take space in your iPad. You can easily get into the setting of your Safari browser to delete cookies and history and clean up iPad memory.
3 Erase deleted files
Do you know that the files that you delete from your iPad are not deleted permanently? Yes, it’s true. Many different types of tools can be used to recover these deleted files. These files not only eat up iPad space but also lead to privacy leak if they contained some sensitive data, such as bank account information, personal photos and videos, private messages etc.
Again, iMyFone Umate Pro can be of help here. The software has ‘Erase deleted Files’ feature with the help of which one can erase the useless previously files permanently. The erase data cannot be recovered by any recovery software.
As you can see, iMyFone Umate Pro is loaded with many different features that can be great help if you are looking to cleanup iPad memory. Want to know more about the software? Continue reading.
Key Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
No matter if you are looking to improve the performance of your iPad or looking for an easier way to manage its memory, Umate Pro is sure to help you out. Some of the features of this software are:
- Clean up more than 25 types of junk files, including App caches;
- Remove all useless temporary files, including corrupted files;
- Compress photos without losing their quality;
- Delete in bulk all iPad photos, videos and Apps;
- Back up automatically the original photos and videos before deletion or compression;
- Permanently erase iOS data for privacy protection: erase all data and selectively erase some data are both available;
- Permanently erase previously deleted files to make your privacy 100% secure.
How to use Umate Pro to clean up iPad memory? Follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: After downloading Umate Pro, launch the software and connect your iPad to your computer.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Quick Scan’ button and the software will start scanning your device.
Once the scanning is done, you will then be provided with detailed information about all the files that are junk, temporary, unused as well as space that can be saved by compressing photos.
Step 3: Once you have the information on your screen, you can either delete all the junk files, temporary files, unused apps and compress the photos, or delete them individually
The software is pretty simple to use and you are sure to get it right the first time. If your iPad is lagging and you are looking to clean up its memory, Umate Pro is definitely worth a shot.