You can also read this guide in Français.
LINE is one of the rising messaging apps with over 600 million users all over the world as of December 2016. Probably, you should know that LINE makes communication very easy and stress free, but LINE Pay would always require credit card services.
By signing up for LINE Pay and adding your credit card details, home address, passwords, etc. you will need to be mindful over protecting your privacy. Therefore, one of the best ways of protecting your privacy while using LINE App is to delete LINE app from your iPhone.
There are several ways to delete iPhone LINE app in the case of an emergency or just for iPhone privacy leak protection. We shall be discussing 4 salient ways to manage, delete or uninstall your LINE app as follows.
1 Clear up Line Hidden Data: Caches, Corrupt Files, Crash Logs etc
To delete LINE App caches, crash logs, and corrupt files from your iDevices, you will need a strong cleaning app such iMyFone Umate Pro in order to eliminate these files. iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a computer based data destroyer that totally wipes out LINE app files and data to recover storage space and protect users' privacy. And the removal of such junk files is totally FREE, we don’t need to pay for it.
iMyFone Umate Pro 1-Click Cleanup can be used to delete corrupted LINE app files and data, remove temporary files, compress iPhone photos, backup and delete photos, and other large files, and manage apps in just one click. All these can be achieved through the following processes:
- Step 1: Download, install and launch iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer, then connect your iPhone to your PC to start the process.
- Step 2: Select the "1-Click Cleanup" option from the startup menu, and click on "Quick Scan" for a full space saving analysis.
- Step 3:Click each "clean" button to release space for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
After cleaning the needless and useless LINE app files, you will see how much storage space has been released and how much space you can release by using other functions.
2 Permanently Erase All LINE Data from your iPhone
Deleting LINE app account, uninstalling LINE app, or deleting LINE app junk files may not be sufficient in protecting your privacy and credit card details, you may need to eliminate every compromising LINE app data on your iPhone in other to avoid privacy leak especially when selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad Touch or iPod.
Therefore, to erase all data from your iPhone using Umate Pro, you will need to follow almost the same processes as mentioned above, the only difference is that you should choose “Erase All Data” tab in step 2.
Why should We Permanently Erase iPhone Data?
Permanently erasing iPhone data is paramount in protecting your device's data in order to keep your privacy protected. Erasing your iPhone data should be a recurrent occurrence in order to reduce the amount of personal data on your iPhone, and the best way to keep private data at the barest minimum is through iMyFone Umate Pro. iMyFone Umate Pro is useful to every iPhone users in the following ways:
- Erase various iOS data: iMyFone Umate Pro can erase different types of data such as messages, photos, videos, Whatsapp data, notes, voice memos, etc.
- Erase current + previously deleted data: Umate Pro has helped many users to protect their iPhone privacy by erasing already deleted files from the iPhone in order to eliminate every trace of such data.
- Erase all for reselling, sending to repair or giving away: Before giving away, reselling or taking your iPhone to a repair shop, you will need to wipe out every personal data on your iPhone. Nevertheless, there is no other tool that can totally wipe out your iPhone data than Umate Pro.
3 Delete Line App Account
Privacy protection is paramount when using apps that require credit card details; this would ensure that your credit card information does not enter the wrong hands. In addition, giving the fact that LINE is an end-to-end messaging app, one may be tempted to send private pictures through the messaging app. Hence, if in any case you suspect that someone has hacked or is meddling with your account, then you will need to delete your LINE account through the following processes:
- Step 1: Open LINE app on your iPhone and click on "More" from the Main Menu.
- Step 2: Click on "Settings".
- Step 3: Click on "Profile".
- Step 4: Click on "Delete Account" from the drop-down menu to complete the process.
4 Uninstall Line app
LINE lets you share photos, videos, voice messages, contacts, and location information with friends and co-workers. It also helps you to exchange stories with your close friends by sharing stickers, and other files on your timeline. However, these shared files are saved on your LINE app with other useless, junk, corrupt and cached files, and this brings the need to uninstall LINE app in order to get rid of these files.
To uninstall LINE App from your iPhone, iPad Touch or iPod, you will need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open your iDevice Homescreen and hold the LINE icon for few seconds until all the apps starts wiggling.
- Step 2: At this point, "X" will appear at the upper left corner of each icon including LINE, click on the "X" symbol.
- Step 3: A notification will appear asking you to confirm that you would like to delete LINE app from your iPhone, click on the "Delete" button to delete the LINE app.
- Step 4: A request asking you to rate the LINE app after uninstalling it will appear, you can click either "No Thanks" or "Rate Now" button to finish removing the app.