As Apple releases new iPhone 7, people would consider to sell the old iPhone for the newest one. But how to completely erase iPhone to sell would be the common issue for those people. No one want to sell the old iPhone, risking in privacy leak. “Reset” would be the best choice provided by Apple to erase all content and settings from iPhone. However, it is not safe enough since some advanced recovery tools can still retrieve data. There should be a better choice than “Reset” for how to completely erase iPhone. It is what this article will make it known.
Part 1Best Choice for How to Completely Erase iPhone
Simple deletion or “Reset” cannot promise data deleted 100% safe. If you want to make sure no chance to retrieve data deleted, you need to overwrite it. However, iPhone does not have such kind of option. Hacker can do overwriting while most people fail to. But with iMyFone Umate Pro, you can become a “hacker”. iMyFone Umate Pro is the best choice for most users to completely erase iPhone before selling.
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is the best solution for iOS space saving and private protection. To protect your privacy safely, iMyFone Umate Pro provides permanent erasure with advanced overwriting technology. “Erase All Data” on it is the best choice for you to sell iPhone. With it, everything on your iPhone will be erased completely, 100% unrecoverable even with modern recovery tools. However, you can also choose to individually erase some personal files.
- Erase all content and settings on iDevice and no recovery tool can retrieve.
- Secure your private data by erasing data individually.
- Find out previously deleted files and completely erase them.
- All types of iOS files are supported to erase.
- Transfer massive photos and videos to PC and you can choose to delete them automatically then.
- Compress photos losslessly, saving up to 75% photo space.
- Clean as much as junk files and temporary files once.
iMyFone Umate Pro has user-friendly interface and it only requires 3 simple steps to do so.
1. When iMyFone Umate Pro is installed on your computer, link your iPhone to it with USB cable.
2. Go to “Erase All Data” tab and click on “Erase” button.
3. Type “delete” into the box to confirm and hit “Erase Now” button.
Then just wait for it to finish, and your iPhone will be completely erased.
Part 2Second Choice for How to Completely Erase iPhone
There is another application in the market known as “iPhone Data Eraser”. This is an application which also helps in eliminating the data from the iPhone. The new version of this application helps you in cleaning the garbage data from the iPhone. It will clear your cache and remove the useless photos, videos, iTunes syncing files and other log files etc. It will release a lot of free space after the removal of these unwanted files. This application is fully time efficient.
Following are the key features of this application:
- Erase data and no recovery tool can retrieve.
- Overwrite massive deleted files but it would last long.
- Support different file types.
- Backup your files to computer.
Part 3iMyFone Umate Pro or iPhone Data Eraser?
|iMyFone Umate Pro||iPhone Data Eraser|
|Its interface is more user-friendly for most users to use.||Its interface can be improved.|
|It cleans up everything on your iPhone in the first run before restarting your iPhone.||It only cleans up movies, songs and settings in the first run.|
|When applying erasing, it has 3 security levels for users to choose.||There is no option for security levels.|
|When individually erasing private data, you can choose to erase data in Whatsapp, Wechat and other third party apps.||When individually erasing your iPhone, there is NO option for you to selectively erase data in third party apps.|
|When erasing deleted files, you can find out Whatsapp, Wechat and other third party apps’ deleted files and erase them.||No third party apps’ deleted files can be found out here. Besides, there is no option to erase deleted Safari history.|
|It only costs $29.95.||Its price is as high as $39.95.|