Apple frequently releases new iOS devices, like iPhone and iPad. As Apple fans, we all like to replace our current iPhone with the newest one. We may consider resell the old one or give it away. The important thing before that is to completely erase iPhone. The built-in reset of iPhone can help you to erase all contents and settings. But it is not permanent and unrecoverable. It is not safe enough. However, to completely erase iPhone, you have 2 options here.
Part 1 Best Choice for How to Completely Erase iPhone
Simple deletion or “Reset” cannot promise data deleted 100% safe. They just make the data invisible from your iPhone. If you want to make sure no chance to retrieve deleted data, you need to overwrite it. But iPhone does not have such kind of option. You need the help of iPhone data eraser which can promise zero chance of recovery.
You can consider iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac which is a more professional eraser. It is the best solution for iOS space saving and private protection. With advanced overwriting technologies, it can compeltely erase your iPhone, 100% unrecvoerable. Even the previously deleted iPhone data will be found out and completely erased. No one can retrieve your iPhone data again without any software.
- Erase all content and settings on iDevice and no recovery tool can retrieve.
- Secure your private data by erasing data individually.
- Find out previously deleted files and completely erase them.
- All types of iOS files are supported to erase.
- Transfer massive photos and videos to PC and you can choose to delete them automatically then.
- Compress photos losslessly, saving up to 75% photo space.
- Clean as much as junk files and temporary files once.
iMyFone Umate Pro has user-friendly interface and it only requires 3 simple steps to do so.
1. When iMyFone Umate Pro is installed on your computer, link your iPhone to it with USB cable.
2. Go to “Erase All Data” tab and click on “Erase” button.
3. Type “delete” into the box to confirm and hit “Erase Now” button.
Then just wait for it to finish, and your iPhone will be completely erased without any chance to be recovered. You will not need to worry about security of your iPhone data even if you resell it.
Apart from completely erasing all your iPhone data, you still have other choices to selectively erase your iPhone data.
- Permanently Erase Private Data: It can select your private data, such as messages, call history, contacts, photos, WeChat data, WhatsApp chats, voice memo, etc. and allow it to permanently delete them. All the traces of the selected data will be completley gone.
- Completely Erase Deleted Files: When you manually delete iPhone data, they are just invisible. That means it is possible to recover. But iMyFone can help you to find out all the traces left and permanently erase them. Your deleted data will be 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase Private Fragments: Fragments will be produced when you run third-party apps. Manually deleting them cannot promise they are 100% safe. iMyFone will help you to permanently erase private fragments from third-party apps, like Snapchat, Kik, line, WhatsApp, WeChat, etc.
Part 2 Second Choice for How to Completely Erase iPhone
There is another application in the market known as “iPhone Data Eraser”. This is an application which also helps in eliminating the data from the iPhone. The new version of this application helps you in cleaning the garbage data from the iPhone. It will clear your cache and remove the useless photos, videos, iTunes syncing files and other log files etc. It will release a lot of free space after the removal of these unwanted files. This application is fully time efficient.
Following are the key features of this application:
- Erase data and no recovery tool can retrieve.
- Overwrite massive deleted files but it would last long.
- Support different file types.
- Backup your files to computer.
Part 3 Which Choice Is Better?
|iMyFone Umate Pro||iPhone Data Eraser|
|Its interface is more user-friendly for most users to use.||Its interface can be improved.|
|It cleans up everything on your iPhone in the first run before restarting your iPhone.||It only cleans up movies, songs and settings in the first run.|
|When applying erasing, it has 3 security levels for users to choose.||There is no option for security levels.|
|It supports to permanently erase incomplete fragments for third-party apps, like Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp, Viver, Facebook, YouTube, and more.||It cannot support to delete private fragments. No third-party app is supported on it.|
|When individually erasing private data, you can choose to erase data in Whatsapp, Wechat and other third party apps.||When individually erasing your iPhone, there is NO option for you to selectively erase data in third party apps.|
|When erasing deleted files, you can find out Whatsapp, Wechat and other third party apps’ deleted files and erase them.||No third party apps’ deleted files can be found out here. Besides, there is no option to erase deleted Safari history.|
|It only costs $29.95. You can download freely to check what your iPhone data can be erased.||Its price is as high as $39.95.|