If you are an iPhone user then you might already be aware of the annoying storage related errors that often pop up on your screens. No matter how many songs, games or images you delete, the storage somehow gets full and you are required to repeat the same process all over again. But do you know that this storage related problems can also affect the performance of the iPhone? Over time you will notice the performance of your iPhone deteriorating and full storage is often the main culprit behind this problem.
Users generally completely wipe the iPhone to tackle this performance problem and this method often provides excellent results. Apart from this, wiping iPhone is also considered as a solution to eliminate other problems, like virus attacks, if the phone gets stuck, etc. Moreover, it is also a recommended step before you sell your iPhone to someone or giving for repair to avoid privacy leakage.
How to Completely Wipe An iPhone with Settings?
Step 1: Go to Settings > General. In General, scroll down select Reset button.
Step 2: Search “Erase All Content and Settings” button and select it.
Step 3: Select Erase on the pop-up window to confirm the choice and when you tap Erase Now, all the data from iPhone will be deleted.
While this method is very commonly used by users to completely wipe their iPhone, there are a number of drawbacks associated with it.
- First of all, you will lose all the data from the iPhone if you have not created backup of the data. And even if you have created backup, you will be required to spend a lot of time to restore the data from iTunes or iCloud or transfer it from your computer.
- Moreover, if you will search on the internet you will see that many of the users who used this method for wiping their iPhone met with unexpected consequences. While some users found it difficult to again activate their device, some of the users have complained that their iPhone went completely dead after wiping data.
- Also, this method is not secure as the data that you delete from iPhone can actually be recovered. There are many tools available on the internet which can be used to recover the deleted data.
A Secure Alternative to Completely Wipe iPhone
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a one-stop-solution for all your problems related to storage of iPhone. The software comes with many different features that allow you to easily manage the storage and boost its performance. Some of its benefits are:
- Wipe iPhone for Resale: If you are looking to sell your iPhone or are simply giving it to a friend or relative for using, with the Erase All Data mode of this software you can erase all the data from iPhone, the erased data is 100% unrecoverable, ensuring that no one else has access to these files.
- Avoid Privacy Leak: Unlike other methods for deleting data from an iPhone, the data erased with this software is gone forever and can never be recovered by any recovery software.
- Erase Also Permanently Deleted Files: Even if you have deleted data from iPhone before, you can use its Erase Deleted Files feature to erase them forever. Also, with this mode the software enables you to selectively erase data in your iPhone.
- 1-Click Cleanup: This feature of the software enables you to instantly eliminate problems, like iPhone stuck, slow or not enough storage. With one click the software will scan the device to eliminate junk & temporary files and media files that consume space in the device.
How to Completely Wipe iPhone iMyFone Umate Pro?
Follow the below mentioned steps to completely and permanently erase all the data from iPhone:
Step 1: Download software in the computer. After downloading, connect the iPhone 5 to computer and start the software.
Step 2: On the computer screen look for “Erase All Data” button, select it and then click “Erase”.
Step 3: Manually type “delete” in the space available.
Step 4: After typing, select “Erase Now” to start erasing the data.
iMyFone Umate Pro will never result in problems which users generally face when they try to wipe the data of their iPhone directly from their device or with the help of iTunes. It is safe, simple, quick, and the best way to manage storage of iPhone.