With people downloading so many apps on their iPhone, space tends to fill up rather quickly. Since all the apps and their data is synced via iCloud, and the information stored in cache memory. While, you won’t find a lot of space being taken up, it can lead to useless information being saved on your iCloud account. Apple does not provide a direct delete feature to its users when it comes to deleting apps from iCloud, however, you can still hide them.
1 How to Hide Unwanted Apps from iCloud
Step 1. Go to the App store on your iPhone and open up updates.
Step 2. Tap on Purchased.
Step 3. On your Mac, open up iTunes and click on the purchased option there as well.
Step 4. You will see a history of all the apps downloaded.
Step 5. Place the mouse pointer over the app that you want to hide and click on “X” which will appear.
Step 6. Your app list will be updated and you can check it on your iPhone.
To unhide Apps from iCloud, follow the below steps:
Step 1. Launch Settings App on your device.
Step 2. Tap iCloud.
Step 3. You will be required to sign into your iCloud account if not already signed in.
Step 4. Turn on “Show on Home Screen” to unhide.
2 How to Delete Data That Apps Stored in iCloud
You have to remember that all your data from the downloaded apps is going to be stored on iCloud. Sometimes, this can lead to inconvenience for the user as there private information can be integrated with the data from apps. It can pose a security risk and take up a lot of space as far as overall storage is concerned. Even if you have deleted the apps that you do not need anymore, the data from those will still remain with iCloud.
In order to simply delete the app data from iCloud, you can:
Step 1. Go to Settings and Press iCloud.
Step 2. Then tap on Storage and Backup. After pressing on Manage Storage, users can look under Documents and Data.
Step 3. You can choose the app that you want to delete the data for.
Step 4. Press Edit and Tap delete.
Step 5. Confirm the action.
However, these steps will also delete the app from your iPhone, and if you want to use it again, you should reinstall it. This is really boring, as once reinstall the app, it begins to store data and caches again, so you should to delete & reinstall the app again and again.
3Permanently Delete App/ App Data from iCloud via iPhone
Now you can opt for iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac and initiate a cleanup to uninstall Apps, cleanup app data and erase private iOS data (the erased data cannot be recovered by any external program). iMyFone Umate Pro allows users to have complete peace of mind as far as data removal is concerned. It provides fool proof protection against security breaches and recovery software.
- Delete apps from iCloud via iPhone: go to the "1-Click Free Up Space" mode > choose “Apps” > select the apps > click on the "Remove" button.
- Delete apps data from iCloud via iPhone: choose “junk files” / temorary files > click on the "Clean" button.
- permanently erase private iPhone data: go to the "Erase Private Data" mode > Scan your iPhone > select the files > click on the "Erase Now" button.
Keay Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- A quick cleanup which consists of a smart scan that can lead to the junk files, temporary files, app caches being removed and bulk delete videos/photos/apps. This is great for increasing efficiency and speed of the device.
- The Erase deleted files is the best option for people who want their deleted pictures, videos or any other information gone completely. Everything will be safe and protected from recovery tools.
- Erase all data is like a factory reset option and converts your iPhone to its original settings. All the stored information and data will be erased forever with no possibility to be recovered.
- Erase private data allows users to selectively preview files and then remove the chosen ones. Any kind of confidential information once removed will not be recovered.