You can also read this guide in Français.
You can easily delete iMessages on iPhone device for one reason or the other. Whatever the reason for doing so, the good thing is that you can easily delete them individually or in multiple options.
Part 1: How to Delete One or Multiple iMessage on iPhone
To delete iMessages from iPhone, all you need to do is:
Step 1:Go to message app and open the conversation.
Step 2:Tap and hold the message or tap “more” to select multiple messages.
Step 3:After selecting the messages you would like to delete, tap the trash icon seen at the left side of the bottom.
Your iMessages will be deleted on your iPhone after these steps.
Part 2: How to Permanently Erase iMessages on iPhone
Deleting iMessages from iPhone using the ordinary way would lead to retrieval of the messages by anyone who is interested in seeing them using some data recovering tools. The disadvantage of this is that your data and privacy is not protected using this means.
However, on the other hand, you can permanently erase messages on your iPhone by using iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. Note that what the Umate Pro does is to erase these messages from the storage source in such a way that they can never be retrieved again even with the top data recovery tools. So your data and privacy is protected even if you sell off the device to another user.
- Simple 1-touch erasing: With Umate Pro, you can permanently erase your old iMessages with just a single click - no need to tap and select messages/threads.
- iMessages are erased - not deleted: When iMessages are deleted, there are ways of recovering them. However, when Umate Pro erases iMessages, they are irrecoverable- i.e., removed permanently.
- Erase All Messages traces: Erase note only current messages, but also previously deleted messages and message attachments, even message caches.
- Erase all other types of private data as well: With Umate Pro, you can delete/erase all other types of private data in your iPhone too, including photos, videos, message attachments, notes, WhatsApp messages & attachments, call histories etc. Thus ensuring that your privacy is always maintained, and that you can free up space with ease.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, getintopc.com, pocket-lint.com, macbed.com etc.
Steps to Permanently Delete iMessages from iPhone
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the program.
Step 2: Select “Erase Private Data” that is most suitable to your needs.
Step 3: Click on “Erase Now” button to erase your iMessages permanently.
Part 3: How to Permanently Erase Previously Deleted iMessages on iPhone
If you are looking for how to erase previously deleted iMessages to avoid privacy leak, as the previously deleted messages can be recovered by data recovery tool if you have not permanently erased them, follow the steps ahead:
Step 1: Download and install Umate Pro on your PC. Launch Umate Pro and connect your iPhone to it.
Step 2: On startup, select the third tab that says ‘Erase Deleted Files’, and then click on Scan to begin the process.
Step 3: After competition of the scan, a list of the deleted data will be shown. From this list, select Messages and. Click on “Erase Now”.
Step 4: Umate Pro will now ask you to type ‘delete’ for confirming that you want to erase them. After that, change the security level if you wish to, and your deleted files will then be erased from the iPhone.
Part 4: Tips on removing handwritten message history
With iOS, here are a few tips that you can keep in mind for added security on protecting your messages:
- Delete iMessages as well as the attachments in them.
- While you are removing your old messages, delete the backup of iMessages on iCloud as well as on your PC (if exists).
- Periodically run Umate Pro to erase the deleted iMessages from your iPhone.
- Sync the iPhone to your PC and back it up to ensure that the backups cannot be used to restore your iMessages.
With these simple tips, you can ensure that your iMessages are erased in iOS. For the best results, you can continue to use Umate Pro on your Windows and Mac PCs.
When it comes to permanently deleting iMessages from iPhone, iMyFone Umate Pro remains the most recommended. It is one of the world’s best all in one solution for your iPhone space saving requirements. The good thing about the Umate pro is that you can preview and selectively erase private files, completely erase data and lot’s more.
Apart from data erasing, Umate Pro uses a 1-Click solution to clean junk files, clear temporary files, compress photos, remove apps and delete large files to free up space on your iPhone. It also has the advantage of being easy to use and simple to install. In fact, the Umate Pro is surely the best.