It may be annoying for most iPhone users to find much other data on their iPhone. However, the most annoying thing is that it seems that there is no direct way for how to delete other data on iPhone. You may have no idea what other data would be. Deleting other data on iPhone would be urgent when your iPhone storage is almost full. However, it is not as hard as how you feel. There are some easy and efficient tips for you to do so. But maybe, you’d better learn what other data refers to first.
Part 1What is Other Data on iPhone?
When you connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes, you will see how much storage is occupied and how much space is available. You can see storage space occupied by Audio, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Photos, Apps, Documents & Data and other. You may be curious about what other data refers to. Other data may simply includes everything which is does not fit into iTunes’ pre-existing categories, such as app caches, corrupted files, temporarily downloaded files, Safari cookies, or possibly even the files left by jailbreaking.
How to Find How Much Space is Occupied by Other Data
For the iPhone other data removal first, you have to find out how much space is occupied by it. Here are the steps to access other data:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Click device tab and it will show you the “Summary”. You will get the information of how much storage is utilized by different items at the bottom of the screen.
- When you put the mouse tab on “other” category, it will show you how much space is occupied by it.
Part 2How to Delete Other Data on iPhone?
1 Clean Safari History
You can delete other data on iPhone by cleaning all your browser history and data.
- To clean Safari caches, history, cookies, etc., you can simply go to “Settings” and tap on “Safari”.
- Choose “Clear History and Website Data” and tab “Clear History and Data” to confirm.
2 Delete 3rd Party App Cache
Deleting 3rd party app caches will reclaim much free space. When running apps, caches or temporary files will be produced. That’s why apps would store so much caches. There is no way to clear 3rd party apps caches like clean Safari caches. You need to uninstall apps and reinstall it. This will remove everything stored in apps and caches are inclusive.
- Go to Home screen, hold
one app icon until all the apps are swinging with “x” at the top left corner of each 3rd party app.
- Tab “x” of one app and hit “Delete” button to confirm.
- You can tab “x” on other apps. When you finish it, press Home button to get out of move mode.
3 Erase All Content and Settings
Erasing all content and settings to delete other data on iPhone is an all-in-one solution. Everything will be moved from iPhone and there will be no other data on iPhone once you do so.
Go to “Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings”. Put in the passcode if needed and confirm to start the process.
- It is a very time taking process and thus it will waste your time.
- The results are not guaranteed.
- While removing setting or uninstalling the apps, you might accidently delete your essential data.
You’d better back up some important files before iPhone other data removal. Or it is difficult or even impossible to find them back.
Part 31-Click to Delete Other Data on iPhone
To avoid the above insufficiency of manual deletion, you’d best consider iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac for iPhone other data removal. Don’t worry, deleting other data on iPhone is totally free with it but it would be more efficient that the manual tips. iMyFone Umate Pro is regarded as all-in-one solution for space saving and private protection. When you use the “Junk Files “ and “Temporary Files” on it, other data on your iPhone will be removed. Someone even fed back, after only cleaning “Junk Files”, all the other data was deleted.
Deleting other data on iPhone is just the basic function of iMyFone Umate Pro. The full version has more powerful features as below.
- Transfer photos or videos to computer and then delete them.
- Losslessly compress photos and save 75%+ photo storage.
- Large files can be managed according to different file sizes.
- A bulk of apps can be managed once.
- You can preview or back up data before deleting or erasing.
- Permanently erase all data or selected files, 100% unrecoverable.
- Find out simply deleted files and completely erase them.
3 Steps to 1-Click iPhone Other Data Removal