How to Delete WhatsApp Account on iPhone
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone. Or please go to App Store on your iPhone to update.
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone. Find “Settings > Account > Delete My Account”.
- Enter your phone number with full international code in the box present on your screen.
- Tap on the ‘Delete my Account’ option.
You have successfully deleted your account on WhatsApp. Your number and details from your friends’ contact and anywhere else can now no longer be accessed through WhatsApp.
- Once you are done deleting your WhatsApp account your account would no longer be available to contact on WhatsApp.
- If you had your friends’ favorite you in their contact list; your name and detail would no longer appear on their favorite list.
- All your chats, conversation and messages would be deleted and you won’t be able to access them.
- If you were part of any groups or a group chat on WhatsApp, your number and name would no longer be there.
In conclusion, it would appear as if you have vanished from the face of the WhatsApp world.
A Thing You Must Do Before Deleting WhatsApp Account
Before deleting your WhatsApp account, you’d best completely delete all your WhatsApp data to avoid privacy leak. You might wonder, why it is necessary to so do when the account does not exist any longer. But that’s truly necessary, some recovery tools can access your iPhone database to get the trace for recovery. It is always wise to play safe. Once you decide to delete your WhatsApp account, completely erase the current WhatApp data or the previously deleted data as well.
Simply delete all WhatsApp chats or media is not the permanent process, which cannot promise deleted data unrecoverable. However, you can consider iMyFone Umate Pro for help. It is the first one and only one iOS data eraser which supports to individually delete WhatsApp data with no chance of recovery. Even the best recovery tools cannot retrieve data after that.
- Erase Private Data: You will see “WhatsApp” and “WhatsApp Attachment” in this mode, which includes WhatsApp chat messages, photos, videos and other files. The selected WhatsApp data will be gone completely once you erase it. No worries for the privacy leak then.
- Erase Deleted Files: If you have deleted some WhatsApp messages or media before, you should run this mode to find out those which are under the risk of recovery. Completely destroying the deleted data will always be good for you.
- Erase Private Fragments: Private traces left by WhatsApp or other third-party apps will be scanned and completely wipe from iPhone.
So how can we do so?
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and choose erase mode like “Erase Private Data” on iMyFone Umate Pro. Hit “Scan” button.
2. It will show you your current iPhone personal data, make sure all data are checked in “WhatsApp” and “WhatsApp Attachment” categories. Tap “Erase” button.
3. Type “delete” into the pop-up window to confirm.
Once you run these 2 modes to completely destroy all WhatsApp data, you can delete WhatsApp account without any worries. Your WhatsApp account will be completely gone.
Apart from the above modes, iMyFone also has 2 other modes. The “Erase All Data” mode will be helpful to destroy all your iPhone data, no matter for the current data or deleted data, especially when you want to sell your iPhone, give it away or send it to repair. Its “1-Click Free Up Space” makes it work as a cleaner with simple 1-click system. Junk will be removed and iPhone will be boosted up. It is much easier than the manually cleaning.