You can also read this guide in Français.
Most people would usually ask, "When does it seem necessary to erase all content and settings on iOS 13." The answer to this question depends on the reason why you would like to restore your device to its factory setting. Some of the possible situations that may prompt to erasing your iOS data completely may include: when you want to gift out your iPhone/iPad, or want to return your employer's device to him; when your iOS 13 installation is messed up, and you suspect that your iPhone would crash anytime; when every other option to restore iPhone performance has failed, and you need a fresh iOS experience; when you nurture the fear that your iOS 13 is corrupt and restoring your iDevice with iTunes may mess things up or when you are tired of seeing "Not Enough Storage" and you would like to have enough storage space on your iPhone/iPad.
In each of these instances, there is a need to totally or selectively clean up your iOS 13 content and settings in order to avoid unnecessary hiccups that may arise from the leak of your personal, important, sensitive or embarrassing data or information.
What Exactly does It Mean to Reset iOS 13?
iOS resetting simply means the act of removing all present functions on your iPad. When you carry out a factory reset on your device, this means that you have the intention to delete all present functions and data that have been formally stored in your device storage space. Hence, you will stand to lose all your messages, contacts, call logs, apps, videos, music, documents, Safari data, notes, photos, cached files and every other information that is stored in your device.
- Pros of iOS 13 factory reset: iPad factory reset is very important, it helps to clear your iDevice RAM and to promote the performance of your iOS device. It also helps to create massive storage space on your iOS device and can be used to eliminate sensitive files from your iDevice permanently.
- Cons of iPad factory reset: Maybe you think factory reset is safe. However, in fact, factory reset cannot remove the data on our iPhone and iPad completely. What’s more, if your files are not backed up before resetting your device, you will stand to lose all your important files permanently. This process cannot be stopped when started and it can lead to iPhone/iPad crash if your iOS has been corrupted.
How to Permanently Erase All iOS 13 Content and Setting
Having seen why and when to reset iOS 13, understood the meaning of factory reset, and the benefits and limitations of resetting, let us now well more on how to effectively reset iOS to avert all the limitations we have discussed above, which by the way are all associated with resetting your iPhone/iPad through Settings.
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is the effective tool that would permanently and completely erase all iOS 13 contents and settings, thereby making your iDevice to look new and out of the box. iMyFone Umate Data Destroyer is not like every other conventional data-erasing app that that you have used in the past.
This very special tool was designed with over 25+ analyzing technology, it can effectively fish out already deleted files and help you to delete them permanently. In addition, it can detect and erase deleted files which you cannot find but still exist on your iPhone/iPad. Hence, with iMyFone Umate Pro, your iPad optimum performance is guaranteed, and the privacy of your data and other personal files is assured.
Restoring iOS 13 to factory setting is most achievable using iMyFone Umate data eraser. This tool does not only delete all files and settings on your iPhone/iPad, but also make the data 100% unrecoverable.
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer, connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer using cable.
Step 2: Choose on Erase All Data tab, then you should click on the Erase button.
Step 3: Type "delete" into the box, click on Erase Now to permanently delete your iPad files and data.
If you have completed these steps, I believe by now you are enjoying a brand new iOS 13 experience. Comparing your experience now that you have used iMyFone Umate Pro to restore your device to its original factory settings, and when you used iPad settings to restore your factory settings, what differences have you noticed?
Main Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Data Eraser has several distinctive features, which marks it out as world's No.1 data erasing tool. Some of these features include:
- Erase all data: When iMyFone Umate is used to delete files, all such files that has been deleted remain 100% unrecoverable even when latest recovery tools are used.
- Erase deleted files: iMyFone Umate Pro can be used to permanently erase already deleted files from iOS device but still exist.
- Erase private data: iMyFone Umate Pro Data Eraser can completely erase private data so that it will be impossible to recover with any data recovery tools.
- Free Up Storage Space on iPad with one click: With iMyFone Umate Pro, one click is enough to create the massive space that you need on your iOS device. It can clean up junk files, erase temporary files, compress photos losslessly or backup and delete the photos, delete large files and remove unused apps.