Most people would usually ask, "When does it seem necessary to erase all content and settings on an iPad." The answer to this question depends on the reason why you would like to restore your iPad to its factory setting. Some of the possible situations that may prompt to erasing your iPad data completely may include: when you want to gift out your iPad, or want to return your employer's iPad to him; when your iOS installation is messed up, and you suspect that your iPhone would crash anytime; when every other option to restore iPhone performance has failed, and you need a fresh iPhone experience; when you nurture the fear that your iOS is corrupt and restoring your iDevice with iTunes may mess things up or when you are tired of seeing "Not Enough Storage" and you would like to have enough storage space on your iPad.
In each of these instances, there is a need to totally or selectively clean up your iPad content and settings in order to avoid unnecessary hiccups that may arise from the leak of your personal, important, sensitive or embarrassing data or information.
What Exactly does It Mean to Reset An iPad?
iPad resetting simply means the act of removing all present functions on your iPad. When you carry out a factory reset on your iPad, this means that you have the intention to delete all present functions and data that have been formally stored in your iPad storage space. Hence, you will stand to lose all your iPad messages, contacts, call logs, apps, videos, music, documents, Safari data, notes, photos, cached files and every other information that is stored in your device.
- Pros of iPad factory reset: iPad factory reset is very important, it helps to clear your iPad RAM and to promote the performance of your iOS device. It also helps to create massive storage space on your iOS device and can be used to eliminate sensitive files from your iDevice permanently.
- Cons of iPad factory reset: Maybe you think factory reset is safe. However, in fact, factory reset cannot remove the data on our iPhone and iPad completely. What’s more, if your files are not backed up before resetting your iPad, you will stand to lose all your important files permanently. This process cannot be stopped when started and it can lead to iPad crash if your iOS has been corrupted.
How to Permanently Erase All Content and Setting on Your iPad
Having seen why and when to reset your iPad, understood the meaning of factory reset, and the benefits and limitations of resetting your iPad, let us now well more on how to effectively reset your iPad to avert all the limitations we have discussed above, which by the way are all associated with resetting your iPad through Settings.
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is the effective tool that would permanently and completely erase all contents and settings of your iPad, thereby making your iDevice to look new and out of the box. iMyFone Umate Data Destroyer is not like every other conventional data-erasing app that that you have used in the past.
This very special tool was designed with over 25+ analyzing technology, it can effectively fish out already deleted files and help you to delete them permanently. In addition, it can detect and erase deleted files which you cannot find but still exist on your iPad. Hence, with iMyFone Umate Pro, your iPad optimum performance is guaranteed, and the privacy of your data and other personal files is assured.
Restoring your iPad to factory setting is most achievable using iMyFone Umate data eraser. This tool does not only delete all files and settings on your iPad, but also make the data 100% unrecoverable.
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer, connect your iPad to your computer using cable.
Step 2: Choose on Erase All Data tab, then you should click on the Erase button.
Step 3: Type "delete" into the box, click on Erase Now to permanently delete your iPad files and data.
If you have completed these steps, I believe by now you are enjoying a brand new iOS experience with your iPad. Comparing your experience now that you have used iMyFone Umate Pro to restore your iPad to its original factory settings, and when you used iPad settings to restore your iPad factory settings, what differences have you noticed?
Difference between Resetting iPad from Settings and Using iMyFone Umate Pro
1 You can selectively choose what files to erase on iMyFone Umate Pro, but if you reset your device for Settings, you have no chance to choose.
2 iMyFone Umate Pro can not only erase all data on you device, but also can detect and find the deleted files which still exist on your iPad or iPhone, and you can delete them with just few steps. This would ensure that all the files and settings are deleted securely to prevent privacy leak.
3 The most important feature is that iMyFone Umate Pro can erase all data safely, once the data is erased, it is impossible to recover, even with advanced data recovery tool. But if you reset your device from Settings, the data may still be retrieved with some data recovery tools, like iMyFone D-Back.
MainFfeatures of iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Data Eraser has several distinctive features, which marks it out as world's No.1 data erasing tool. Some of these features include:
- Erase all data: When iMyFone Umate is used to delete files, all such files that has been deleted remain 100% unrecoverable even when latest recovery tools are used.
- Erase deleted files: iMyFone Umate Pro can be used to permanently erase already deleted files from iOS device but still exist.
- Erase private data: iMyFone Umate Pro Data Eraser can completely erase private data so that it will be impossible to recover with any data recovery tools.
- Free Up Storage Space on iPad with one click: With iMyFone Umate Pro, one click is enough to create the massive space that you need on your iOS device. It can clean up junk files, erase temporary files, compress photos losslessly or backup and delete the photos, delete large files and remove unused apps.