Does your iPod Touch have started lagging a lot lately? Is it not as fast as it was in the past and crashes frequently? There is a possibility that you might be facing this issue because you have filled the memory of your iPod Touch with a lot of content.
When an iPod Touch runs low on memory, it is often seen that it is not able to function as efficiently as it should. An excellent solution for this problem is to erase iPod Touch memory. By erasing the iPod Touch memory you will not just get a lot of space in your device but you will also see a considerable difference in its speed.
Part 1 Erase iPod Touch Memory from the Devide
If you want to erase your iPod Touch memory, you can do the same right from your device. The below steps will help you out.
Step 1: Simply tap on Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.
Step 2: Here you will see the apps and other content that are stored in your iPod Touch. You can delete the content that you don’t need or can erase everything on iPod Touch from here.
Part 2 Erase iPod Touch Memory from iTunes
Another way to erase memory is to use iTunes. Read the below mentioned steps for erasing iPod Touch memory.
- Open iTunes on a Computer or Laptop.
- Connect your iPod Touch to your Computer or Laptop.
- Once connected, select iPod Touch on the iTunes.
- Now, you’ll see a small bar on the left corner of the screen that will provide you with the storage information. This bar will be divided in different colors that represent all the different types of content in your iPod Touch.
- Move your mouse over all the different colors of this bar to know more about different types of content in your iPod Touch.
- You can delete particular content and can so erase everything on iPod Touch with this method.
Part 3 Erase iPod Touch Memory with No Chance of Recovery
iMyFone Umate Pro Windows / iMyFone Umate Pro Mac is a powerful data eraser which provides you with an enhanced control over the memory of your iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. The software is extremely easy to use with only one-click. It is loaded with a number of features to help you simply and efficiently erase all kinds of data on your iPod Touch with no chance to be recovered.
iMyFone Umate Pro Windows / iMyFone Umate Pro Mac provides you with 4 erase modes to choose. You can select any one of them to completely erase the exact content that you don't need anymore. Apart from cleaning junk files, temporary files and large files, compressing photos and managing apps, you can also use it to completely erase deleted files and private data with no chance to be recoved even by using the latest recovery tools.
Steps to Permanently Erase Your iPod Touch with iMyFone Umate Pro
Step 1: Install the iMyFone Umate Pro software in your PC/ laptop. Once installed, connect your iPod Touch to your PC/ laptop.
Step 2: Open the iMyFone Umate Pro, choose one item and click on the Scan button. When the scan finishes, it will list all the files on your iPod Touch.
Step 3: Now you can preview the files one by one and select the ones you want to erase. Click Erase button to completely remove them.
Part 4 How to Erase an iPod Touch without Password
You might already know that you need a password to delete all the memory from your iPod Touch. But what is you don’t know the password? Follow the below mentioned steps to know the answer.
- Open iTunes on your PC/Laptop and connect your iPod Touch to the PC/Laptop.
- Hold the home and power button of your iPod Touch. The screen will then go completely black and the device will turn off.
- Now, only hold the home button and release the power button. This will allow your PC/Laptop to recognize your device as a completely new device. You will now see the Apple logo on the screen and the device will go blank again. The device will be in the DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode now.
- Now there will be a message on your PC/Laptop asking you about whether you want to restore your iPod Touch. Click on OK and then follow the steps on the screen to restore the original firmware of your device.
Now that you know how to erase iPod Touch, use the information to fix the crashing problem and improve the performance of your device.