Bookmarks are a straightforward way to access frequently visited sites instead of typing the websites each time you need to. They are a convenience and if you browse often, you’ll probably have some bookmarks saved for your favorite websites.
However, our proclivities change the site you like today, you might not like tomorrow. Additionally, some sites are only useful for a specific timeframe and would serve no purpose going forward. Imagine a bookmark for the latest medal standing in Rio…not useful going forward. So, the need to erase iPad bookmarks would always arise. Here’s how to go about it…
Step 1: Delete (Not Erase) Bookmarks on iPad
- Launch the Safari Browser on your iPad.
- Tap the "Bookmarks" icon, which looks like an open book.
- Tap the "Edit" button from the bottom right corner.
- Tap the minus (-) sign next to the specific bookmark(s) you want to delete. Tap Delete!
Step 2: Erase Bookmarks on iPad Permanently
Okay, so you’ve cleared the bookmarks on the device and you feel cool. All the site people shouldn’t know you visit are now gone. So you thought! These bookmarks can be recovered and can put your privacy in serious jeopardy. But if you erase your iPad bookmarks using an iPhone/iPad utility like iMyFone Umate Pro / iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac, you’ll be rest assured as the app erases files permanently with zero chance of recoverability.
How to Erase Bookmarks on iPhone using iMyFone Umate Pro
- Download iMyFone Umate Pro installation file to your computer. Run and install the downloaded file.
- Launch the program and connect your iPad to it.
- Select the “Erase Deleted Files” mode from the options and scan your iPad.
- Choose the Safari bookmarks to erase and click the “Erase Now” button to start the process.
What Umate Pro can Do in Erasing Bookmark on iPad?
- Clears more than the bookmarks: In the case you’re trying to hide your browsing history from anyone – maybe your employee after you’ve returned the company phone – then you’ll need to erase more than the bookmarks on your iPad. Data such as history, caches, and cookies are also veritable means of decoding your browsing history. Importantly, Umate Pro clears all these alongside the deleted bookmarks.
- Erase also deleted bookmarks: The app also permanently erases all old bookmarks you’ve deleted sometime in the past. This ensures you aren’t at risk to privacy leaks.
- Easy to use: Imagine having to manually delete bookmarks one after the other? Not cool right? Why not automate it and get it done with a few easy to navigate clicks.
- Data deleted are not recoverable: You deserve your peace of mind, deleting your internet footprints permanently trumps mere deleting them off the iPad in a way they can be recovered by anybody.
Other Useful features of Umate Pro
- Delete Junk and temporary files: Delete junk files and temporary files such as caches, corrupted files etc and improve your device performance.
- Compress photos and export photos: Save space by shrinking your photos to 25% of initial size without losing the picture quality.
- Mass delete photos, apps, and videos: No need for manual deletion, delete files in bulk with a few clicks.
- Erase deleted files: Scan and preview files you’ve deleted even before using Umate Pro and delete them permanently.
- Erase Private files: Erase private files such as contacts, call history and notes permanently and avoid privacy leaks.
- Erase Whatsapp/WeChat data: Remove all your private Whatsapp/WeChat messages, photos, videos etc.
- Erase all data: Turn the device into a blank box with just the operating system.