Erasing an iPhone is more often than not the last resort to the myriad of problems iPhone users face; of course after exhausting available options. There are many ways one can erase an iPhone, and erasing iPhone with iTunes is one of ways iPhone users take. In this post, you’ll learn how to erase an iPhone from iTunes, erase an iPhone without iTunes and what the dreaded “iPhone is synced with another Library. Do you want to erase iPhone with and sync with this Library?”
How to Erase iPhone from iTunes
- Disable “Find my iPhone” by going to Settings > iCloud > Turn off “Find my iPhone”.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer.
- Accept to “Trust this Computer” on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Summary” panel.
- Click on “Restore”.
- Click on “Restore” on the screen prompt to confirm the iPhone erase.
When this is done, your iPhone is upgraded to the latest version of iOS and restarted. On restart, you’re prompted to either set up device as new, or set up from a backup.
Understanding “iPhone is synced with another iTunes Library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes Library?” Message
In simple terms, what these means is that, only iTunes media will be removed from the iPhone, and nothing else. It means you’ll lose your entire music library, but other things like photos, videos, messages, emails etc will remain intact.
How to Erase iPhone without iTunes
iPhone users can also erase their iPhones without using iTunes. Before going into the options available to erase an iPhone without iTunes, let’s talk about the disadvantages of using iTunes to erase an iPhone. Disadvantages include:
- Not the easiest of method
- Depends on having a PC present.
- Most importantly though is security. Data deleted from iPhones are never truly deleted from the device and at such, can be recovered by powerful data recovery tools.
iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac is an iPhone utility built as a one-click solution to help iPhone users save space and protect their privacy. It comes packed with many features and advantages that make data privacy and performance boosting simple.
Advantages of using iMyfone Umate Pro
- Simple to use; most actions can be completed in a few clicks
- Data erased cannot be recovered by any recovery tool
- 1-click to improve performance of the iPhone
- Save huge iPhone space efficiently and smartly
Key Features of iMyfone Umate Pro
- Four cleanup modes to choose according to your need– 1-Click Cleanup; Erase Deleted Files; Erase Private Data; Erase All Data – to delete data securely and permanently according to your need.
- Preview data and select the exact files that you want to erase, so avoid erasing important data.
- Completely erase data without a chance of recovery even with most modern recovery software.
- Previously deleted files can also be found out and the program will permanently erase them for privacy protection.
- Supports all iOS file types used on iPhone.
Steps to Erase iPhone without iTunes
Ideally, you should backup your device to iTunes or iCloud before attempting to erase your device. When you have done this, follow these steps to use iMyfone Umate Pro:
Step 1. Download iMyfone Umate Pro and run it on your PC or Mac, then connect your iDevice – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Step 2. Select the mode of “Erase All Data”.
Step 3. Click “Erase” to completely erase data from your device.