Typically, you will be able to simply retype the password to unlock a locked iPhone. Even if you originally typed the password incorrectly, if you wait a few seconds, you can just retype the correct password. This will unlock the device. However, if you don’t know the password, you need another method. You can still enable a disabled iPhone, even without the password.
- Way 1. Using iCloud
- Way 2. Using Find My iPhone
- Way 3. Using Siri (iOS 8.0 – iOS 11)
- Way 1. Reset Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Way 2. Rest Disabled iPhone with iTunes Backup
- Reset iPhone Completely - All Data 100% Unrecoverable
Part 1. Reset Disabled iPhone without iTunes
Part 2. Reset Disabled iPhone with iTunes
Part 3. Bonus Tip
Part 1. Reset Disabled iPhone without iTunes
Way 1. Using iCloud
You can learn how to reset disabled iPhone without using the iTunes if you don’t have access to it. Although many types of software are available in the market which you can download but the safest method to reset the iPhone is using iCloud. Using the iCloud backup, we can recover the data that is lost due to the iPhone disabling or iOS crashing. Just follow the given steps:
Step 1: Go to the iCloud homepage and sign into your account. Once your device is found using Find My iPhone, your settings will appear to you.
Step 2: Go to Settings.
Step 3: Click on restore and choose the last backup that you created using iCloud.
Step 4: Your iPhone will be restored according to that backup.
Any screen passcode, downloaded apps, photos, videos, messages, and notes saved on the iPhone after the last backup was done will be deleted and your phone will be like brand new but most of your data will be recovered using the iCloud backup.
Way 2. Using Find My iPhone
Find my iPhone is a great feature. It can help you to locate, lock, or remotely reset your phone. This is ideal if you have lost your phone. You can wipe the contents of the phone even if you can’t find it. You don’t have to worry about anyone accessing your data.
1. The first step is to log into your iCloud account via a web browser. You will need your Apple ID and password. Locate the “Find My iPhone” section and then click on the “Devices” section. You will find a list of all the devices that you have linked to your Apple ID. Select the iOS device that is disabled.
2. Once you have gotten this far, you will be able to locate the device, play a sound on the device, lock it, or completely erase. If you’re not using iTunes, you’ll have to select the erase option. Choose “erase” and confirm it. Wait while your device is remotely erased. This will also disable the device’s lock.
Way 2. Using Siri (iOS 8.0 – iOS 11)
Another way to resolve a disabled iPhone is through Siri. This method is only available on iOS 8.0 to iOS 11. Originally it was assumed to be a loophole in the iOS, so it may require a lot of effort to fix the phone. This will not erase your device’s data and will allow you to initially bypass the passcode.
1. First, activate Siri using the Home button. Ask for the current time. Say “Siri, what time is it?” Siri will show the current time and a clock. Then tap the clock icon.
2. You will now be taken to the World Clock interface. Click on the + sign to add another clock. Search for any city you want and then click on “Select all.”
3. Next, you will see a menu of options including “cut,” “copy,” “define,” and “share.” Choose “Share.”
4. Tap on the message icon.
5. Type anything into the “To” field. Then hit the return button on the keyboard. This highlights the text in the “To” field. Select the highlighted text. Tap on the +.
6. A new window will open. Choose “Create new Contact.”
7. From the “New Contact” screen, click to add a photo. When prompted with “Take Photo” or “Choose Photo,” select “Choose Photo.”
8. You will now be taken to your Photo Library.
9. Do not select a picture. Just press the Home button. You will be taken to the phone’s home screen.
How to Reset Disabled iPhone with iTunes
Way 1. Reset Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
You can use the classic method of recovering your iPhone by using the iTunes. This method is not only applicable but is highly safe as well. You can factory reset disabled iPhone if you are using iTunes to reset it. Follow these steps as a problem solver:
Step 1: Turn your iPhone off.
Step 2: Connect it to the Computer while iTunes is working on it.
Step 3: Press and hold the home and power button simultaneously. This will put the device in the recovery mode and iTunes icon will appear on the phone’s screen.
Step 4: Software will be downloaded for your iDevice. After the download process is finish, click on Restore iPhone.
Way 2. Rest Disabled iPhone with iTunes Backup
If you are one of the users who like to create a backup of their iPhone every now and then than you can easily rest your iPhone using the iTunes since these backups are stored in the iTunes and you can easily restore your phone without losing any data of any sort. Just follow these steps to learn how to reset disabled iPhone using the backup from iTunes:
Step 1: Open the iTunes on your computer or mac.
Step 2: Connect your device with the computer.
Step 3: Click trust this computer and your phone icon will appear on iTunes.
Step 4: Choose it and then choose the last backup that you created on iTunes with this device.
Step 5: Click restore and your iPhone will be restored according to the selected backup. No data loss will happen if you have chosen the most recent backup.
Part 3. Bonus Tip
Reset iPhone Completely - All Data 100% Unrecoverable
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser is an excellent software that allows your to live an error free life with your iPhone. It is so powerful that can permanently nearly all kinds of data from your iPhone. No one can recover the data, with any data recovery tool, after erasing by iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser.
Four Erasing Modes:
- Erase the Previously Deleted Files - It can scan all your deleted files and erase them with no chance of recovery.
- Erase All Data - You can permanently erase the entire previous owner’s data including any iOS data and third-party app data.
- Erase Private Data - Permanently erase private messages, Third-Part App messages & attachments, photos, call logs and any other kinds of files to protect you from privacy leaks.
- Erase Private Fragments - You can erase the private data fragments to free up space and keep your privacy safe.
How to Reset iPhone Permanently
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
Step 2: Choose the "Erase All Data" mode in the software and click on Erase button. All files should be scanned.
Step 3: Select the required level of security from the security button. This could be high, medium, or even low which is not suggested.
Step 4: Typing delete in the text box and click on Erase.
Step 5: Then click on Erase Now. All the data will be erased with no chance of recovery.