A generational iPhone speed test for all the models that have come until now is definitely exciting. It is but obvious that the latest iPhone 7 is the fastest of the lot- but how fast exactly.
To give you an idea, the iPhone 7 is around 120 times faster as compared to the first iPhone 2G, which was launched 9 years ago. This is definitely a lot of progress in less than 10 years. However- that is not the only thing you need to know. In fact, many tests have concluded that though the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus may be the fastest in some aspects, they are not the fastest in all of them.
The iOS 10 SpeedTest
iOS 10 has been around for more than 2 months now, with the beta version being out even before that. Regardless of the number of features that iOS 10 may come with, there is no point in upgrading unless it actually gives you a significant improvement in terms of the speed. This is just the right time to perform an iPhone speed test on iOS 10 to see how fast it really is.
Starting with the boot up, the iOS 10 is somewhat slower while butting up as compared to iOS 9.3.5, especially on older devices including the iPhone 5. However, once up and running, it is faster than iOS 9.3.5 on all the devices.
How to Test Your iPhone Speed
Generally, most tests of iPhone speed are done by placing the iPhones side by side, and comparing their performances by booting the devices, running the same apps and doing a few other functions simultaneously. However- this is not the most accurate of methods, and there are quite a few other ways to perform a more precise speed test on your iPhone.
If you are looking for ways to test your iPhone speed, then you can do so by downloading any of the various websites that offer this service. Speed app for iPhone are another great way to see how fast your iPhone really is, and if it is performing at the requisite level.
How to Improve Your iPhone Speed
Is your iPhone not as fast as it should be? If the latest iOS 10 did not work out for you, or if this is due to any other issue, then do not worry- for with iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac , there are a number of things that you can do to speed up your old (or new!) iPhone!
- Clear all old Photos from your iPhone: One of the major reasons as to why media on your iPhone takes ages to load, or that your camera app is slow, is due to too many photos in your iPhone. Even if you delete a few photos, the required change may not come as easily. You can then use Umate Pro to erase deleted and existing photos on your iPhone to speed up these apps and make your iPhone faster overall.
- Clear junk and temporary files: As you continue to use your iPhone, junk and temporary files will increase and slow down the phone. Umate Pro lets you delete all of the temporary files, junk data, crash logs and application caches to clear memory and make them all faster. You can remove the temporary files periodically to reclaim lost speed and avoid lags.
- Erase old messages and chat history: As the number of messages in your Whatsapp and iMessage increases, they will become slow. Since they now have larger data to load, they will slow down your phone too. Simply deleting them is not enough, as deleted files will still exist on your iPhone and can be recovered easily with data recovery software. With Umate Pro, you can erase your deleted and existing messages on WhatsApp and iMessage. It also lets you remove the media and attachments with these messages.
- Compress photos: Sometimes, deleting photos is not the best choice- you maybe too attached to them and may not have backup of those photos. In such a case, you can use Umate pro to compress your photos. This will decrease the memory that your photos occupy and will also significantly speed up your iPhone.
- Remove applications that you no longer need: Too many applications in the iPhone eat up memory and run in the background thus slowing down your iPhone. If you do not use those applications, then the best thing to do is to remove them- else you are uselessly letting them eat away on your phone’s power. Simply use Umate Pro to remove the applications you do not need, rather than individually selecting and uninstalling them.
Thus, with these simple tips, you now know of the best ways to increase your iPhone speed. After following these tips, you are sure to get improved results when you run the speedtest for iPhone.