Have you noticed that your iPad 2 is behaving strangely or inactive? It is likely that a particular part within your device could be the cause. And should that be the situation, you may not have a good deal of option than to reset your ipad 2.
The need to Hard Reset Ipad 2 may be necessary if the device has become inactive or crashed. This implies you cannot open apps and pushing the “Sleep/Wake” or “Home” button does not do anything. Additionally, when updating your iPad 2, you may come across several bugs and unexpected issues, a few of which are related to installation and others, related to 3rd party iOS apps. All of these issues can be fixed through hard reset. However, it should only be done when all other attempts have failed to resolve the problem, because the process will erase every data on the iPad.
How to Hard Reset iPad 2
- Plug your iPad 2 to a computer with the latest iTunes software using USB cable and start iTunes.
- Press and hold the "Sleep/Wake" button and Home button for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on your iPad screen.
- Once the Apple Logo vanishes, release the "Sleep/Wake" button while you still hold down the home button for approximately 5-10 seconds. Check iTunes to see if your iPad 2 has shown up.
- Shortly after that iTunes will notify you that you are now in Recovery mode. Click on “OK” to continue with the restore process.
- Next press the “Restore” button and then on “Restore and Update” to confirm.
- Wait for iTunes to finish.
The Ultimate Tip: How to Reset iPad 2 Completely
When you plan to give, sell or send out your iPad 2 for repair, it is essential you completely delete all your personal data to avoid any security threats. It is always wise to play safe. By merely deleting and resetting your ipad 2 to factory settings cannot wipe off your iDevice data, as a exceptional data recovery software, like iMyFone D-Back, can easily recover the deleted files. In such situation, a professional data erasing software could be of help.
As an iOS data erasers, iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is good enough to be the best one. It can permanently erase all data from your iPad in just one click, ensuring that the deleted settings and contents are 100% unrecoverable and also restoring the device to a clean state. Its “Erase All Data” is an all-in-one solution to get rid of all your personal data on iPad 2 without leaving any trace of recovery. It is similar to reset iPad 2 but safer and will not update the iOS system without your permissions.
How to Reset iPad 2 Permanently
Step 1: Connect your iPad 2 to computer and run iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2: Choose “Erase All Data” tab and click on “Erase” button.
Step 3: Type “delete” into the box to confirm and start.
Other Amazing Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone devotes itself to the maintenance of the current functions and also the development of new features. To permanently delete your personal and private data, 2 other erase modes are highly recommended to you. You can selectively delete your unwanted files.
- Erase Private Data: The same as “Erase All Data”, data erased here will not have any chance of recovery. You can preview all your personal data here and select some of them to erase. It only has the ability to erase default app data, but now it can also erase WhatsApp, WeChat, and other third party app data, which all other iOS data erasers do not have.
- Erase Deleted Files: Files deleted normally can be recovered very easily, but iMyFone Umate Pro will show these deleted files and completely erase them with no possibility of being recovered. Of cause, you can preview first. The same as “Erase Deleted Files”, it supports to erase WhatsApp, WeChat, SnapChat and other third party apps.
The above are the key features of iMyFone Umate Pro. But it also has another basic feature as a iOS space cleaner.
- 1-Click Cleanup: In just one click, you can erase temporary files, clean up junk files, compress photos or backup and delete photos, Remove unused apps and Delete large files. iMyFone iPhone data eraser will completely delete these unwanted data, free up large space and boost your iPad. Junk files is for free trial in iMyFone Umate Pro.