One of my friends recently lost their iPhone and instantly called me to express their grief. But, she was surprised with my response. Seriously, she was stunned. Now you must be wondering what my response would have been. Right? Well, I gave her the good news that she could remotely wipe her iPhone and make sure no one gets access to her personal data. Yes, dear iPhone users, that’s absolutely possible. You can now remote wipe your iPhone is a few quick steps. Want to know how? Follow the article and you’ll get all your answers!
Part 1: How to Remote Wipe iPhone with iCloud?
The first method to remote wipe your iPhone is use your iCloud account. Here’s how you can remote wipe iPhone with iCloud:
- Sign in to your icloud.com/find with your Apple ID and password.
- Locate your device – Open “Find My iPhone” and pick your device to view its location on the map.
- Once you locate your device, you have three options – Turn on the lost mode, report the device as missing to a law enforcement body, or erase the data.
The best option in case of a lost iPhone is to erase the data which will also remove your added credit cards and debit cards. To erase your device, here’s what you need to do.
- Click on your device, in the device info window, hit the “Erase” button.
- If your device is online, the process will begin, and your device will be erased.
- If your device is offline, the remote wipe will begin once the device is online again.
Part 2: How to Permanently Wipe iPhone Using Umate Pro?
Apart from the iCloud remote wipe iPhone method, there’s one more solution to help you erase your iPhone data permanently– iMyFone Umate Pro. Using Umate Pro, you can delete your iPhone data permanently to secure your device. The software is compatible with all iOS versions and iPhones including iPhone XS/X/8.
Top-selling features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- You can preview data and select to erase the files you want.
- Permanently erase already deleted files to make sure they cannot be recovered again.
- Erase incomplete fragments stored by third-party apps to protect your private information.
- Cleans junk, temporary files, and unused apps just in a click to let you enjoy more space and operation speed.
Using Umate Pro’s “Erase all data” feature, you can permanently wipe iPhone and clear all the data sitting there in just one click.
- Download Umate Pro and install it on your system. Meanwhile, connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Once the connection is successfully established, pick the “Erase All Data” option and hit the “Erase” button.
- You will be prompted to type “Delete” in a box to verify for security purpose. You can pick from three erasing levels – low level, medium level, and high level. However, it is recommended to pick the “Medium Level.”
- Once you type “Delete” for verification, hit the “Erase Now” button to wipe iPhone completely.
That’s it. All your data will be deleted PERMANENTLY. Remember, this process cannot be undone. So, be sure before you pick the Erase All Data option.
Remote wipe iPhone is an incredible feature to protect your data in case of a theft or a misplaced iPhone. While you can erase all the data using your iCloud account, iMyFone Umate Pro is an easier option. All you need to do is download the software, run it on your system, and erase the data.