Every now and then, you will want to refresh the music on your iPhone. Due to the fixed free space of iPhone, users are forced to delete old music files to make way for the new ones. Some prefer to store songs on iCloud. But the free iCloud storage is also limited. So is there any way to delete iCloud music, even any way to delete iCloud music from iPhone?
Steps of Delete iCloud Music from iPhone
Before deleting files from your iPhone, go to Settings > Music > toggle “Show Apple Music” on. This will make sure all the songs your iPhone is connected with shows in the music library including those on your iCloud. After this, perform the following:
Step 1.Locate the song, album or playlist you wish to delete and tab the “···” icon.
Step 2.From the ensuing menu, tap “Delete”.
Step 3.Tap the “Delete from My Music” to remove the song, album or playlist from your iCloud. Choosing “Remove Downloads” only removes the song from your device.
How to Delete iCloud Music from iPhone with iMyFone Umate Pro
There’s no better way to delete iPhone music from iCloud backup than using iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. iMyFone Umate Pro is an iPhone utility tool you can use to get rid of all kinds of data from your iPhone including iCloud backup and iPhone music.
Deleting music is not the only thing Umate Pro does, it clears temporary files, as well as remove junk files from your device. Additionally, you can use it to mass delete multiple apps, photos and videos. This program is also an iPhone photo compressor, compressing your iPhone photos can reclaim 75% o your photo space. It’s a novel and easy way to free up space on your device and erase data permanently.
Key Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Erase all kinds of data permanently with zero chance of recoverability.
- Scan and delete already deleted files to ensure your privacy is assured.
- One-click solution for space saving: clear up junk & temporary files, app caches, manage apps/photos/videos.
- 3 different modes of iOS data erasing: erase all data, erase deleted files, erase private data.
- Preview data before selectively deleting/erasing them.
- All iOS file types supported to be erased.
Make sure you backup your device to iTunes or iCloud before erasing your device to prevent painful data losses. After doing this, follow these steps to use iMyFone Umate Pro to remove iCloud music from iPhone:
Step 1. Once the installation of Umate Pro is complete, connect your iPhone using the cable that came with your device.
Step 2. Select the mode of “Erase Private Data”. Then click “Scan” to scan the data files using up the storage space on your iPhone.
Step 3. Preview the Music files and selectively erase the files you want.
How to Reset iCloud Music Library
Different errors can account for the need to reset iCloud music library such as artwork and music mismatch, iTunes error 4010. As always before taking such a bold step, a backup is advised to be stored locally on your PC. To reset iCloud music library, take the following steps:
- In iTunes menu, select “Preferences”, double-click to select “General” and deselect the “iCloud Music Library” checkbox.
- Close and re-launch iTunes.
- Click on the menu button.
- Select “Choose iTunes Library” and select “Create Library”.
- Give the new library a name of your choosing and turn it on.
- After organizing the library for some minutes, the library will appear in the “Album View”.
- Switch to “Song view” from the upper right corner of the drop down menu.
- You can delete all the songs in the library by selecting all and deleting, if you want.