Apart from reduced performance, there are a number of other reasons that make resetting iPhone 5 an ideal option. For instance, if you are looking to sell your iPhone to someone, give it to your friend or relative, give it out for repair, etc. to ensure no one gets access to data stored in your device. Moreover, many users also reset their iPhone when the device has been attacked by virus.
If you are planning to reset iPhone 5, there are few ways in which you can do this. One of the most common ways is to reset iPhone using iTunes.
How to Reset iPhone 5 with iTunes?
Step 1:Open iTunes on your computer and connect iPhone 5 with the cable.
If you are connecting your iPhone to the computer for the first time, you need to click on Trust This Computer or might be required to enter the passcode of iPhone.
Step 2:After successfully connecting, you will find your device in the list of available devices.
Step 3:When you will select your device in the Summary panel you will find the Restore button, click on it.
Step 4:A pop-up will ask you to confirm the choice.
Step 5:Once you confirm the choice iTunes will reset the device with factory settings and will restart the device.
Majority of people use this procedure for resetting iPhone 5 with iTunes. However, this method comes with a number of drawbacks too. For instance, many users were unable to reactivate iPhone 5 after resetting it through iTunes. Moreover, in some cases the iPhone went completely dead. Also, after resetting the device, all our data from the iPhone will be lost.
And if you know about data recovery in iPhone 5, you might already know that the data deleted by resetting iPhone through iTunes is recoverable. So, this is not really a very secure way to reset iPhone 5 with iTunes.
A Simpler & Safer Alternative to Resetting iPhone 5 with iTunes
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is an excellent tool to manage iPhone storage and reset iPhone data. It comes with a number of features that allow you to have a better control while resetting iPhone 5:
1. More Complete Solution: The software has a feature which users can use to easily wipe all the data in the iPhone 5, just like a factory reset. Moreover, it also has an Erase Private Data feature that enables users to selectively erase data from iPhone’s. This eliminates the need to create backups of the files you need and enables you to delete only the files that you no longer need.
2. Highly Secure: The Erase Deleted Files feature of this product can be used to erase the files that you might have deleted right from your device, as these deleted data is recoverable with tools available online. Such files can be easily erased forever with iMyFone Umate Pro.
3. 1-Click Cleanup: If you are looking to improve the performance of iPhone 5, the software’s 1-Click Cleanup feature can be very useful.
- With a single click the software will delete all the junk & temporary files from your device to boost its performance.
- It provides the option to bulk delete multiple photos/videos/apps in 1-click.
- And for photos, if you do not want to delete them from iPhone, then you can choose to compress them.
- All original photos and videos will be automatically backed up on your PC before deletion and compression.
How to Reset iPhone 5 with iMyFone Umate Pro?
Step 1: Downloading iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer and connect iPhone 5 to the computer before launching it.
Step 2: On your screen you will see Erase All Data button, select it and click on Erase.
Step 3: For confirming the choice, type “delete”.
Step 4: Now, select Erase Now to start resetting iPhone 5.
iMyFone Umate Pro is a perfect alternative to resetting iPhone 5 through iTunes. Moreover, while you are required to purchase the full version of the software, its trial version is available for free for Windows as well as Mac computers.