If you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone 6 six times continuously, you will be locked out. You will see a message pop up on your iPhone 6 that says your iPhone is disabled. Learn how to fix it below.
The ways below just allow you to reset your iPhone 6 and remove the password. There isn’t a way to save your iPhone’s data unless you made a backup before.
4 Ways to Reset iPhone 6 When Locked
1. Permanently Reset iPhone 6 when Locked
By now, you are already aware that if you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone 6 device for more than six times in a row, you will be locked out automatically. You do not want to be stranded in such a frustrating situation, where you are stuck with the message pop up on your iPhone 6 that says your iPhone has been disabled. Many fixes reset your iPhone 6 when locked, but using the iMyFone LockWiper unlocking software remains the best option. Apart from being the safest, this method keeps your iPhone 6 safe before, during and after the whole reset process.
LockWiper Reset iPhone 6 when Locked
- Quick unlock: Just few clicks is needed to instantly unlock your iPhone 4/5//6/7, etc, without using your passcode.
- Factory-reset option: It provides the opportunity of unlocking your iPhone through a factory reset. Not to worry, the process is safe!
- Supports multiple unlocking features: You can get around your 4-digit unlock, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID as well as a Face ID of your iPhone.
- Supports locked, disabled, broken iOS screen: iMyFone LockWiper works perfectly on locked, disabled or broken iOS screen.
Use iMyFone LockWiper to Reset Locke iPhone 6:
Step 1: Open iMyFone LockWiper software on your PC and click "Start". Connect your iOS device to the computer.
Step 2: Follow the steps on the interface to boot your iPhone/iPad into DFU Mode or Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Once your device is in DFU/Recovery mode, iMyFone LockWiper will show the device information. Then just download the firmware.
Step 4: After downloading, you need to verify the firmware. Click “Start to Verify”.
Step 5: After that, click “Start Unlock” to begin the unlocking process. You also need to confirm the unlock process. The process won’t take you long before your iPhone unlocks successfully.
There you are, you have reset your locked iPhone 6 successfully!
2. Factory Reset Locked iPhone 6 with iCloud to Remove Password
- On your other devices (computer or other iDevice), visit icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap All Devices at the top bar.
- Select your locked iPhone 6. And click Erase iPhone.
Then all the data and settings will be deleted from your locked iPhone, including the locked password.
3. Restore Locked iPhone 6 Using iTunes to Remove Passcode
If you have recently synchronized your iPhone with iTunes, you'll be able to restore your locked iPhone 6 using iTunes.
- First of all, you connect your iPhone to PC or Mac that you normally synchronize with and open iTunes.
- If iTunes asks you to enter the passcode, use another computer that you have previously synchronized with, or use recovery mode.
- iTunes will sync your iPhone 6 and make a backup. If it doesn’t, click on the device tab on iTunes and hit Sync button at the bottom right corner.
- When the process of syncing finished, click Restore iPhone. And on your iPhone 6, click on Restore from iTunes backup.
- On iTunes, select the iTunes backup.
4. Reset iPhone 6 When Locked with Recovery Mode to Remove Password
This way can be used if you haven’t synced your iPhone 6 with iTunes or enabled Find My iPhone.
- First, connect your iPhone 6 to a computer, and open iTunes.
- When your iPhone 6 get connected, FORCE RESTART it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home buttons at the same time, until you see the the recovery mode screen.
- Choose Restore when it asks you to Restore or Update. Wait for it to finish and your iPhone 6 will be unlocked.