The ways below just allow you to reset your iPhone 6 and remove the password. There isn’t a way to save your iPhone’s data unless you made a backup before.
4 Ways to Reset iPhone 6 When Locked
1. How to Permanently Reset A Normal iPhone 6, No Data Is Recoverable
It’s not safe for the private data on your iPhone. If you need to permanently erase the iPhone data when selling, recycling or donating your iPhone, you should permanently reset instead of just normal factory reset.
Unlike normal reset in which deleted data is still recoverable, iMyFone iPhone Data Eraser for Win or iPhone Data Eraser for Mac provides you the permanent erasure for your iPhone/iPad/iPod, which is strongly recommended when you want to give up your old device. It gives you options to reset all data at once or select private data to erase.
Steps to Permanently Reset iPhone 6 for Resale
Step 1. Connect your iPhone 6 to computer which has iMyFone iPhone Eraser installed.
Step 2. After connecting, choose the "Erase All Data" tab. Click the "Erase" button.
Step 3. Then in the next window you will be asked to type "delete" into the box to confirm. Type it and tap Erase now to begin the permanent reset.
Caution: This action will PERMANENTLY erase all data and settings from iPhone and CANNOT be undone. Please make sure you've backed up the data in case of any data loss.
iMyFone iPhone Data Eraser (Umate Pro) has received lots of reviews from famous media, like MacWorld, APPKED, iPhoneinCanada, etc.
2. Factory Reset Locked iPhone 6 with iCloud to Remove Password
- On your other devices (computer or other iDevice), visit icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap All Devices at the top bar.
- Select your locked iPhone 6. And click Erase iPhone.
Then all the data and settings will be deleted from your locked iPhone, including the locked password.
3. Restore Locked iPhone 6 Using iTunes to Remove Passcode
If you have recently synchronized your iPhone with iTunes, you'll be able to restore your locked iPhone 6 using iTunes.
- First of all, you connect your iPhone to PC or Mac that you normally synchronize with and open iTunes.
- If iTunes asks you to enter the passcode, use another computer that you have previously synchronized with, or use recovery mode.
- iTunes will sync your iPhone 6 and make a backup. If it doesn’t, click on the device tab on iTunes and hit Sync button at the bottom right corner.
- When the process of syncing finished, click Restore iPhone. And on your iPhone 6, click on Restore from iTunes backup.
- On iTunes, select the iTunes backup.
4. Reset iPhone 6 When Locked with Recovery Mode to Remove Password
This way can be used if you haven’t synced your iPhone 6 with iTunes or enabled Find My iPhone.
- First, connect your iPhone 6 to a computer, and open iTunes.
- When your iPhone 6 get connected, FORCE RESTART it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home buttons at the same time, until you see the the recovery mode screen.
- Choose Restore when it asks you to Restore or Update. Wait for it to finish and your iPhone 6 will be unlocked.