How to reset iPhone on iTunes is not a hard nut to crack. However, before we proceed with the guidelines and steps, we would like to look at the reasons why you will like to reset your iPhone on iTunes. From our enquiries, we came up with the following reasons why people reset their iPhones on iTunes:
- Privacy issues: iPhone and iDevice users tend to believe in the myth that deleting files from iPhone using iTunes destroys the data beyond the reach of any recovery tool. Hence, they believe that their privacy is safeguarded.
- Backup files: Using iTunes to reset iPhones allows the operator to backup his or her data in the PC before deleting them. This would make it easier for them to upload their files from their system to a new iDevice.
- Time: iTunes seems to be a faster way of restoring iPhone to its factory setting because all the process takes just a couple of minutes.
How to Reset iPhone on iTunes
Using iTunes to reset iPhones takes a couple of steps. First, you must have a Mac or Windows PC with the latest version of iTunes to carry out a reset of your iPhone using iTunes. Then you should follow the under listed guidelines to reset your iPhone using iTunes:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC with the cable that came with your device. A pop-up message will request for your passcode or for you to trust the computer; just follow the onscreen steps.
Step 2: Select your device from iTunes. If your device does not appear on iTunes, check the cable to know if the device is synchronized.
Step 3: Select "Restore" from the Summary panel, and click on "Restore" again to confirm your action. At this point, iTunes will start erasing your iPhone to factory settings. At the end of this process, your iPhone will reboot.
The above process is efficient but with a hand full of risks pertaining to privacy issues. iTunes users harbor believes that iPhone data deleted using iTunes is beyond any recovery tool reach. That is far from the truth; the truth of the matter is that after resetting your iPhone with iTunes, there is still the possibility that the deleted files can be recovered by a recovery tool.
Unrecoverable Reset iPhone without iTunes
Whether you are trading your iPhone 6S for a new iPhone 7 or giving it away to your friend, deleting all your data and sensitive documents is always a hassle. There is no better ways of erasing all your personal data on iPhone.
iMyfone Umate Pro / iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac is the smartest data destroyer you will ever get among iPhone cleaners. It can erase every type of iPhone data e.g. documents, videos, audios, music, photos, messages, caches, cookies, safari history, calendar entries, notes, etc. with the guarantee that the files are eradicated permanently. The erase data is 100% unrecoverable, even if you have the most modern recovery software.
The advantages of using iMyfone Umate Pro to make an unrecoverable reset for iPhone:
- Eradicates data permanently: iMyfone Umate Pro guarantees permanent eradication of data or money back. Therefore, your personal information is fully protected with no risk of privacy leak.
- Erases deleted files: When data is deleted manually on iPhone, such data can be recovered using recovery tools. However, with iMyfone Umate Pro, you can gather every trace of deleted file on your iPhone and erase them permanently.
- Varied erasing options: After scanning your device using iMyfone Umate Pro, you can choose to delete the files just in one click or to selectively delete some of the files.
Steps of Resetting iPhone with iMyfone Umate Pro
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC and launch the iMyfone Umate Pro app on your desktop.
Step 2: Select the Erase All Data tab from the menu options, and click on the Erase button to start the process.
Step 3: Click on Erase Now button, follow the commands and click on Erase Now button again to complete the process.
At the end of this process, you should be confident and rest assured that your iPhone is fresh from the box, and then go ahead in giving it out or selling it.
There may be the possibility that you do not want to sell your iPhone but just to offer it as a gift to your child or sibling. In this case, you may not need to remove all the files from your iPhone; you may want to leave some of the music that your son likes listening to, while you will delete your conversation, calendar entries, photos, and other private files. In this peculiar case, you can choose from the other 2 erasing modes: Erase Private Data and Erase Deleted Files.
In addition to the above needs, a situation may warrant that you do not need to reset your iPhone completely because you are only encountering some storage issues and needed to recover some of your iPhone storage space back. In such cases, you just need to give a basic cleanup for your iPhone with the 1-Click Free Up Space.