You can also read this guide in Français.
Many people opt to delete their LINE account when they no longer see any use in it. Maybe you're in the same boat. Discontent with this social media tool can be for a number of reasons. Perhaps you found another instant messaging app that serves your purposes better and you don't see a reason to keep more than one of these apps. Perhaps your friends migrated to another social media app and you are using LINE less and less. Perhaps you're concerned about privacy.
What Happens if I Delete My LINE Account?
A few things happen when you decide to delete your LINE account. Namely, you lose any coins, stickers, or other digital material that you purchased. You won't be able to log in anymore with your e-mail address. All of your information will be lost, so even if you sign up again with the same e-mail address or phone number, you will not be able to access your original data.
What Should I Do Before Deleting My LINE Account?
You Need to Permanently Delete LINE Data!
Just deleting the app from your phone and deleting your account isn't enough. There are actually remnants of private data left over that you may not even realize are there. This is why it's important to use software like iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser to permanently erase this data.
iMyFone Umate Pro is the popular iOS data eraser which supports to permanently delete third party app data without leaving any recoverable traces. It has three erase modes that can help you get rid of any remnants of data from the LINE app.
Options to Erase LINE
- Erase LINE Chat History: Preview your LINE chat history and select unwanted data to 100& erase.
- Wipe Deleted LINE Messages: Previously deleted LINE messages which are still recoverable will be scanned and completely destroyed.
- Erase LINE Fragments: Incomplete fragments will be produced when using. Some of them are private. It is important to remove such private data. LINE fragments can be permanently deleted here.
Steps to Permanently Erase LINE Chats and Data
2) Click the “Erase Private Data” tab. Let the program scan for your device and show you all of your private information.
If you want to view or erase the recoverable deleted LINE data, choose "Erase Deleted Files". If you want to wipe private fragments, select "Erase Private Fragments".
3) Click "LINE" to preview and select the chats. Once done, hit "Erase Now" button. Then enter "delete" into the box to confirm.
Just wait for Umate Pro to completely erase the selected files. The erased data will be 100% unrecoverable.
How Do I Delete My LINE Account from iPhone?
It's actually very simple, just be sure that this is really what you want because you won't be able to recover your account afterwards. Follow these steps:
- On the main menu of the Line app, tap “More”.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Profile”.
- Tap “Delete Account” and confirm.
If you have signed up for LINE Pay, you should delete your LINE Pay account before deleting LINE account.
How do you close your LINE Pay account? Go into your Settings on the app and from there you should be able to delete it. If you have any problems or forgot your password, contact LINE directly to have your LINE Pay account deleted.