Many people opt to delete their LINE account when they no longer see any use in it. Maybe you're in the same boat. Discontent with this social media tool can be for a number of reasons. Perhaps you found another instant messaging app that serves your purposes better and you don't see a reason to keep more than one of these apps. Perhaps your friends migrated to another social media app and you are using LINE less and less. Perhaps you're concerned about privacy.
What Happens if I Delete My LINE Account?
A few things happen when you decide to delete your LINE account. Namely, you lose any coins, stickers, or other digital material that you purchased. You won't be able to log in anymore with your e-mail address. All of your information will be lost, so even if you sign up again with the same e-mail address or phone number, you will not be able to access your original data.
What Should I Do Before Deleting My LINE Account?
First, Permanently Delete Your LINE Data
Just deleting the app from your phone and deleting your account isn't enough. There are actually remnants of private data left over that you may not even realize are there. This is why it's important to use software like iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to permanently erase this data.
iMyFone Umate Pro is the popular iOS data eraser which supports to permanently delete third party app data. It has three erase modes that can help you get rid of any remnants of data from the LINE app: a mode that removes all data from your device, a mode that permanently erases files that you manually deleted before (but that are still present below your awareness), and a mode that deletes private data.
- Erase All Data: Everything in your iPhone will be completed deleted and all your LINE data is inclusive. It is 100% unrecoverable. Even the deleted LINE data will be erased as well.
- Erase LINE Fragments: Incomplete fragments will be produced when using. Some of them are private. It is important to remove such private data. LINE fragments can be permanently deleted here.
- iMyFone is trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world.
To erase the private fragments from your LINE app, simply follow these steps:
1) Run the iMyFone Umate Pro on your PC or Mac and connect your device to your computer.
2) Click the “Erase Private Fragments” tab. Let the program scan for your device and show you all of your private information.
3) All the third-party apps will be checked there. You can uncheck some and hit "Erase Now" button. Then enter "delete" into the box to confirm.
- Erase Private Data: If your device is filled with much sensitive data now, this suits you. All your private data will be found out and you can choose the unwanted ones to completely deleted. Then no data will be able to be retrieved. It also supports WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, etc.
- Erase Deleted Files:You might also want to “shred” files that you deleted manually before. To make sure that all files that you might have deleted in the past associated with LINE are erased permanently, this mode is suitable for you.
After that, you can also clear your phone of other junk by simply running the one-click delete mode. This will delete temp files and other materials associated with LINE as well as many other apps.
How Do I Delete My LINE Account from iPhone?
It's actually very simple, just be sure that this is really what you want because you won't be able to recover your account afterwards. Follow these steps:
- On the main menu of the Line app, tap “More”.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Profile”.
- Tap “Delete Account” and confirm.
How do you close your LINE Pay account? Go into your Settings on the app and from there you should be able to delete it. If you have any problems or forgot your password, contact LINE directly to have your LINE Pay account deleted.