iPad, as a common entertainment or working tool, users usually capture different photos through it. If you are enjoying your trip but you don’t have a camera then don’t worry iPad have much better results. However, the photos taken by iPad have high quality and each one would occupy several MB. Sometimes users need to delete photos for more available space. Some photos are important and users want to transfer iPad photos to PC. There are several ways to do so and most users would prefer the best one.
Traditional Ways to Transfer Photos from iPad to PC
1 For Mac Computer
- Connect your iPad to your Mac computer with USB cable.
- Launch “Image Capture”. Note that you have already installed “Image capture” on your Mac.
- In “Image capture”, select your iPad from the Devices menu.
- Go to “Import to” at the bottom and select a location to copy the photos.
- Choose the photos and hit “Import” to start. Or you can hit “Important All” to transfer all photos from iPad to computer.
2 For Windows Computer
- Connect your iPad to a Windows computer with USB cable.
- Unlock your iPad and select “Trust this PC” if it is the first time connecting to this computer.
- There will be a pop-up window on your computer. Select “Open device to view files” option and open it. (If there is no option related to this, then find the iPad in the Windows explorer. )
- Open the disk and navigate to the “DCIM” and there you will find “100APPLE”.
- Get in there, you will find all of your images. You can copy and paste the photos to where you want to store on your computer.
The traditional ways of transferring photos from iPad to PC are not the easiest ones. There is a better alternative.
The Best Alternative to Transfer Photos from iPad to PC
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is one of the best iOS cleaners to manage the storage space on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch for more available space. Transferring photos or videos from iPad and PC is its basic function, which is easier than the traditional ways. After transferring, you can choose to automatically delete photos or videos so that you do not need to delete photos on your iPad manually.
Photos and videos are just the two file types that can be managed on “1-Click Free Up Space” which is one mode on iMyFone Umate Pro. Apart from that, to manage your iPad storage space, you can clean as much as junk files and temporary files. A bulk of apps can be removed once. If you do not want to remove photos, there is also an option to compress them without lossing invisible quality but would save up to 75% photo storage.
Unlike traditional ways, to transfer photos from iPad to computer, you just need 3 steps.
Step 1. Connect your iPad with computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2. Hit “Quick Scan” button and tab “Clean” button of “Photos”.
Step 3. Choose “Backup & Compress” or “Backup & Delete” and check photos or hit “Select All” button. Click “Start” button to begin it.
More Advantages of the Best Alternative
As you can see in the screenshots above, “1-Click Free Up Space” is just one mode on iMyFone Umate Pro to clean space. However, private protection is another key features of it. There are 3 erase modes you can choose from according to your needs. Deleting and erasing are two different things. Deleted data can be recovered while erasure is permanent and no one will be able to recover that data. Let’s see how iMyFone Umate Po can do for you for the private protection.
Erase All Data: Permanently erase all content and settings and no data erased can be recovered. It is similar to “Reset” function on iPad. However, even though “Reset” can remove the encryption part, it is still possible to retrieve data. iMyFone Umate Pro can promise what “Reset” cannot.
Erase Private Data: Maybe you don’t need to erase all data from iPad. Here is the option that you can choose to erase individual files, such as messages, call history, contacts, photos, Whatsapp, WeChat, note and etc.. Note that, photos erased here is different from photos deleted in “1-Click Free Up Space”. Photos erased has been overwritten for no chance of recovery.
Erase Deleted Files: Some private files may be simply deleted before. If you worry about some sensitive photos can be recovered, you can reset assured. iMyFone Umate Pro will help you find them out and completely erase them.