How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone without iTunes
Are you searching for a way to unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad easily and safely without iTunes? If your iPhone or iPad is disabled after typing the wrong passcode for too many times, then there a new tool to unlock your iPhone without iTunes - that is iMyFone LockWiper.
iMyFone LockWiper's "Unlock Screen Passcode" feature can easily unlock your iOS device without hassle in just a few minutes. Except that, it can also help you remove Apple ID on any activated devices without password.
LockWiper Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Offers you a great feature to quick unlock disabled iPhone with simple clicks.
- Supports the unlocking of locked, disabled and iOS devices with a broken screen.
- Unlocks iPhone with 4-digits and 6-digits passcodes, Touch ID and Face ID.
- Removes Apple ID/iCloud account from iPhone and it won't be linked to the previous account any more.
- Promises high success rate - no complaints from any user concerning this software were found.
Steps to unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes
Here is how to use the most complete iPhone unlocking tool for removing iPhone and iPad lock-screen.
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your Windows or Mac computer. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your computer and choose "Unlock Screen Passcode".
Step 2: Click "Start" button and connect your iPhone to your computer using Apples original USB cable.
Step 3: Confirm your iPhone device information and click “Download” tab to download the firmware for your device.
Step 4: After verification, click “Start to Extract”.
Step 5: After that, click “Start Unlock” to begin. On the pop up window, input “000000” to continue.
Make sure your iPhone is connect to PC while unlocking. It won’t take you long.
How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone with iCloud
The common way of unlocking a disabled iPhone is via iTunes. However, this does not mean that there isn’t another way of having your disabled iPhone unlocked. If you do not want to unlock your disabled iPhone with iTunes, you can simply make use of “Find My iPhone” by just following these easy steps:
- Go to icloud.com and log in to your iCloud account.
- Afterwards, go to Find iPhone section and click on the “All Devices” option. A list of all the devices that are connected to your Apple ID will be displayed. Pick the iOS device that has been disabled.
- Tap on Erase iPhone and confirm it.
You should note that after you have been able to unlock your disabled iPhone, it will reset back to factory default settings and all data will be removed. Restoring iPhone is the only way to remove the screen lock from disabled iPhone.
How to Back up Disabled iPhone Before Unlocking
Unlocking disabled iPhone will cause everything to be erased from iPhone. So don’t forget to backup your iPhone data before you reset it. But note that the only way to backup a disabled iPhone is using iTunes “Backup Up” feature. After you unlock your device, you can restore the backup to your iPhone.
Steps to Backup Disabled iPhone:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer (You should have synced your iPhone with this computer before).
- Click on the device tab at the upper left corner on iTunes.
- You will be in the Summary window. Tap “Back Up Now” button to start the backup process.
- When the backup is completed, you can start to unlock your iPhone with/without iTunes.
When you have unlocked your iPhone, connect your iPhone to this iTunes again and use the “Restore Backup” feature for your device.
When Will Your iPhone be Disabled?
Your iPhone becomes disabled if you have typed in the wrong passcode too many times when you try to unlock your iPhone. If you initially enter the wrong passcode too many times, there is a five minutes delay. If you continue entering the wrong passcode, the waiting time increases until the iPhone gets disabled.
Here is how the error messages tie into the number of wrong password:
- 6 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute.
- 7 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes.
- 8 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes.
- 9 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes.
- 10 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes.
This is a security measure by the iPhone to prevent the wrong persons from accessing the private data you have on your iPhone. If you see the message “iPhone is disabled. Try again in XX minutes”, what you can do is to wait and try again. But if you see this message “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”, the only way to unlock your disabled iPhone is to restore it.
If you want to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes, there are two methods mentioned above. Using iCloud to solve the disabled issue, you have to remember your iCloud account password and the phone will be erased and reset. While iMyFone is highly recommended here, since it is the easiest way to unlock your locked screen and makes you re-access your iPhone without any hassle.