When Will Your iPhone be Disabled?
Your iPhone becomes disabled if you have typed in the wrong passcode too many times when you try to unlock your iPhone. If you initially enter the wrong passcode too many times, there is a five minutes delay. If you continue entering the wrong passcode, the waiting time increases until the iPhone gets disabled.
Here is how the error messages tie into the number of wrong password:
- 6 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute.
- 7 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes.
- 8 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes.
- 9 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes.
- 10 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes.
This is a security measure by the iPhone to prevent the wrong persons from accessing the private data you have on your iPhone. If you see the message “iPhone is disabled. Try again in XX minutes”, what you can do is to wait and try again. But if you see this message “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”, the only way to unlock your disabled iPhone is to restore it.
How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone without iTunes
Are you searching for a way to unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad easily and safely without iTunes? If your iPhone or iPad is disabled after typing the wrong passcode for too many times, then there a new tool to unlock your iPhone without iTunes. This new method or tool for unlocking disabled iPhone is called iMyFone LockWiper.
iMyFone LockWiper can easily unlock your iOS device without hassle when you enter your iPhone passcode for several times and your iPhone gets locked. The “Unlock Disabled iPhone/iPad” feature in iMyFone LockWiper can efficiently unlock your iPhone if Find My iPhone/iPad is turned off.
LockWiper Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- LockWiper offers you a great feature to quick unlock disabled iPhone. This feature lets you unlocked a disabled iPhone with simple clicks.
- iMyFone LockWiper supports the unlocking of locked, disabled and iOS devices with a broken screen.
- LockWiper can unlock iPhones with 4-digits and 6-digits passcodes, Touch ID and Face ID.
- iMyFone LockWiper is attributed with high success rate, and there has never been any complaint from any user concerning this software.
Steps to unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes
Here is how to use the most complete iPhone unlocking tool for removing iPhone and iPad lock-screen.
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your Windows or Mac computer. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your computer and select “Start”.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your computer using Apples original USB cable.
Step 3: Boot your iPhone in DFU mode by following the instruction on the guides. Just follow the guide which matched you device.
Step 4: Confirm your iPhone device information but if the information is not correct, you can select the correct one from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Click “Download” tab to download the firmware for your device.
Step 6: After that, click “Start to Verify” to verify the package.
Step 7: When it’s done, click “Start Unlock” to start unlocking your iPhone.
Step 8: On the pop up window, input “000000” to continue. Make sure your iPhone is connect to PC while unlocking. It won’t take you long.
How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone with iCloud
The common way of unlocking a disabled iPhone is via iTunes. However, this does not mean that there isn’t another way of having your disabled iPhone unlocked. If you do not want to unlock your disabled iPhone with iTunes, you can simply make use of “Find My iPhone” by just following these easy steps:
- Go to icloud.com and log in to your iCloud account.
- Afterwards, go to Find iPhone section and click on the “All Devices” option. A list of all the devices that are connected to your Apple ID will be displayed. Pick the iOS device that has been disabled.
- Tap on Erase iPhone and confirm it.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer (You should have synced your iPhone with this computer before).
- Click on the device tab at the upper left corner on iTunes.
- You will be in the Summary window. Tap “Back Up Now” button to start the backup process.
- When the backup is completed, you can start to unlock your iPhone with/without iTunes.
You should know that after you have been able to unlock your disabled iPhone, it will reset back to factory default settings and all data will be removed. Restoring iPhone is the only way to remove the screen lock from disabled iPhone.
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone without Losing Data
Unlocking disabled iPhone will cause everything to be erased from iPhone. So don’t forget to backup your iPhone data before you reset it. But note that the only way to backup a disabled iPhone is using iTunes “Backup Up” feature. After you unlock your device, you can restore the backup to your iPhone.
Steps to Backup Disabled iPhone:
When you have unlocked your iPhone, connect your iPhone to this iTunes again and use the “Restore Backup” feature for your device.