There will always be a situation when it becomes an option to use iCloud storage on iPad. For example, it is important to back up your iPad files especially as this helps to free up iPad storage space. When you back up your iPad to iCloud, the important ones is back up automatically and this includes documents, video, photos and other data that require storing on iCloud.
Steps of Using iCloud Storage on iPad
The steps of how to use iCloud storage on iPad is just few and simple and is required to manage how much storage you use.
- Step 1: Go to settings on your iPad and tap iCloud.
- Step 2: Then tap the name of your iPad device.
- Step 3: Under backup options, you can turn off any app that you will not like to back up.
Disadvantages of using iCloud storage on iPad are numerous but below are some of them:
- You need an internet connection because without that you cannot use the cloud storage
- There is a possibility of privacy leak which could pose some huge security issues. There is always a threat of someone who is not authorized to access your data
- Transferring of large files could be very very slow
Getting More Storage on iPad Instead of Using iCloud Storage
At the end of the day, it is always best to get more storage out of your iPad. Yes, it is very possible and there is a tool that can help you achieve that. With just a simple click of a button, the
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac can get you more storage by removing all hidden junk files on your iPad for FREE.
They step to achieve this is simply straightforward as seen below:
Step 1: Download and run iMyFone on your PC, then connect your iPad to it.
Step 2: Choose the “1-Click Free Up Space” mode.
Step 3: Start the free removal of all hidden junks on your iPad.
Another way of getting more storage space on your iPad is use iMyFone to by optimize your iPad storage. This will involve compressing your photos, transferring photos and videos to PC and also mass deleting unwanted apps/photos/videos on your iPad.
While some of these look negligible but the reality is that doing them gives you a high chance of getting more storage out of your iPad. Note that an iPad that is full will have a negative effect on the device especially making the device become slow which is a turn off for users.
Pay Attention to iPad privacy Leak
One issue that is very important and that requires adequate attention is iPad privacy leak. It is important to note that privacy leak is dangerous to an IPad user especially in this period data criminals are on the prowl.
For example, your leaked private information may get to the wrong hands who could use them against you like hacking into your bank account because they now have your password or use your information for other dubious endeavor.
For privacy protection, erasing your private data is important especially when you intend to sell off the device to a new user, give it out as a donation to another user or just a general transfer of ownership. The permanent data erase ensures that your information on the device cannot be recovered by the new user.
To permanently erase iPad data, Umate Pro can do a lot for you:
- Permanent Erase: The Umate Pro is capable of a permanent erase iPhone data in such a way that all your erased data cannot be recovered again even if the latest and most modern data recovery tools is used for it. In fact, it is 100% unrecoverable
- Selective Erase: Umate Pro will give you a choice of data to erase. It scans your device and show you what you need to erase and it is now left for your to make your choice and erase them permanently.
- Erase Deleted Files: If you have already deleted your files using other means like factory reset or any other normal means, then your data can be recovered again. But Umate pro can scan your device, extract these previously deleted files and erase them again but this time it will become permanently erased in such a way that it cannot be recovered again.
- Erase All Data: Umate Pro will erase all data on your device which include even your whatsapp data. This comes in handy especially in situations where you want to sell your iPhone or iPad and does not in any want your data to fall onto the wrong hands.