The iPhone is created in such a way that users can view their messages on other gadgets like computer system. However, it’s not convenient to view your messages on iPhone especially when you have a great amount of messages. Some users prefer to view the imessages on computer.
How to View iPhone Text Messages on Computer for Free
iTunes is the default files manager for iPhone, but it doesn’t allow you to view your text messages on iPhone. However, there is third-party iOS file manager which makes it easy for you. What’s more, viewing iPhone files is completely free. Here we recommend iMyFone Umate Pro Win/Mac, an iPhone files manager, which is also recommended by lots of professional software media, like getintopc.com, MacWorld, APPKED, etc.
Key Features to iPhone Messages:
- Access and view the iPhone text messages on PC/Mac for free, including the existing and previously deleted text messages.
- Permanently erase unwanted text messages or any private data from iPhone, in 0% recovery rate.
- View and wipe messages and attachments from third-party apps: WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber and Kik.
- Clear message cache and other app cache from iPhone in one click for free.
Steps to View iPhone Text Messages on Computer
To view your iPhone text messages on your computer, you just need to connect your iPhone to computer and view the data.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2. If you want to view the existing iPhone messages, choose “Erase Private Data” from the left. If you want to view the deleted messages which are still recoverable, choose “Erase Deleted Files”.
Step 3. Click Scan button to analyze your iPhone. It will show you your private data on iPhone. Click Messages or Messages Attachments to view.
Why We Need to Permanently Delete Private Data from iPhone?
You may not know that manually deleted data on iPhone is still recoverable, but it’s true. Some deleted data is still left in the device drive, that’s why it’s easy to retrieve those deleted files with recovery tools. If you want to make your deleted files unrecoverable, you need to use some special tool to overwrite them completely.
Those special tools to overwrite iPhone data are called iPhone data eraser. iMyFone Umate Pro is one of the best data eraser for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It offers several erasing options so users can smartly manage their iPhone files, which you can learn below:
- Erase Deleted Files: Those deleted files which are recoverable will be found out and completely destroyed.
- Erase Private Fragments: All the incomplete fragments left by Snapchat, WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Instagram and 10+ more third-party apps will be wiped out from iPhone for privacy protection.
- Erase Private Data: You can view and select those unwanted messages, call logs, contacts, notes, photos, videos, etc. to erase without leaving any traces.
- Erase All Data: It’s recommended to use this mode especially when you want to sell or give away your device.