You can also read this guide in Français.
We’ve all been there – unable to get access to our iPhone iOS 12 and in need of some key information from it. When you find yourself unable to access your iPhone, it can be a tiring and frustrating process. However, this can easily be alleviated by learning how to wipe iOS 12 without passcode credentials.
Although it might seem tough, it’s actually quite easy to put in place – if you’re willing to learn how. If you want to make your life easier, then this guide will help you get your iPhone wiped without having to input passcode.
Part 1 How to Wipe iPhone iOS 12 Without Passcode?
1 Through iTunes
Your first solution, then, is going to be working through iTunes. iTunes allows you to get in there and commence the wiping process without too much extra input. All you need to do is shown below.
- Connect your iPhone iOS 12 to your computer, and open up iTunes.
- Once inside, follow the Trust This Computer process on-screen if it appears.
- Next, select your device when it appears on iTunes. Then, click on Restore iPhone.
- Confirm the restore request, and allow your device to reset itself back to factory settings.
- It really is that simple to wipe your iPhone using iTunes.
2 Via iCloud
The next best choice to consider using is iCloud. iCloud allows you to wipe your iPhone easily without the passcode being needed. All you need to do is shown below.
- Open up your Settings and go to iCloud.
- Tap on your account and delete the existing password. Enter a new password.
- Tap ‘Done’.
- You’ll be informed if the details are correct/incorrect.
- Hit OK, then Cancel.
- Now, go back to the account page and remove the description of your account.
- Now, you should be taken to the main page without asking for any password. Also, it will turn off ‘Find my iPhone’.
- Scroll down, and hit ‘Delete Account’. Confirm this on the pop-up screen, and tap Delete again for confirmation.
3 Via Recovery Mode
The last option that many users pick from, then, is going with Recovery Mode. This is easy to use and should definitely reduce the challenge.
- To start with, connect your iOS 12 device to the computer and then open up iTunes.
- Once connected, force restart the device. Eventually, Recovery Mode shall appear.
- When the option appears on-screen to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
- This will allow you to set up the device again from scratch, fully wiped, without any input or passwords being needed.
Part 2 Permanently Wipe Your iPhone iOS 12
Are you looking for a tool that saves you from having to mess about with the challenges above? Then fear not. For anyone who is looking to learn how to wipe iPhone without passcode solutions, then you’ll love this.
The excellent iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a simple, easy to use tool that manages to make wiping simple and secure. It is regarded as all-in-one solutions for space saving and private protection. Wiping iPhone with it gives you promise of no chance of recovery, which is necessary especially for business guys or those who want to pass their iPhone.
If you would like to avoid having to directly delete information your iPhone iOS 12, then this is the quick and easy way to do it. It’s safer, meaning that you leave behind no footprints or the like. It also means that you get to drastically reduce the amount of time that it takes to get your iPhone wiped clean.
1 Key Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
Erase All Data It is similar to Reset function on iPhone. However, Reset only simply delete the files while iMyFone Umate Pro erase them with advanced overwriting technologies. No chance of recovery and no worry for private issue.
1-Click Cleanup Make your life easier using this system thanks to its one-click free-up system. With just one click you can clean up old junk, remove temp files, compress photos and remove excessively large files and/or unused apps. Backup will be applied first before photos or large files being compressed or deleted.
Erase Private Data Messages, contact, call history, whatsapp info, Wechat info, photos and other private data can be erased separately here. Simply deleting is not safe enough for some personal info. No footprints will be left if you use Erase Private Data to wipe them.
Erase Deleted Files Some iOS 12 personal info may be already deleted simply. If you are still worried that they can be retrieved with some recovery tools, here iMyFone Umate Pro can help you permanently remove all trace of deleted files.
2 How to Use iMyFone Umate Pro?
Note: To erase iPhone without password, firstly, you should make sure that "Find my iPhone" is turned off.
1. Connect: connect your iPhone to computer with iMyFone Umate Pro installed.
2. Erase: go to ‘Erase All Data’ tab and hit ‘Erase’ button.
3. Confirm: type ‘delete’ into the box to confirm and tab ‘Erase Now’ button to start the process.
So, looking at the challenges that we tend to face, it’s easier to wipe your phone with iMyFone Umate Pro. It does, though, offer the most permanent and consistent form of data wiping, far more efficient and safer than the methods above.
However, if you lack your password then the three options above will be viable alternatives. Make sure that you get a passcode sorted as soon as you can, then, so that you can start making the most of helpful technology such as iMyFone Umate Pro to help you learn how to keep your phone in perfect working order.