With every major iOS update, Apple implements new, mouth-watering features, and the new iOS 13 will be no different. Apple iOS 13 is set to launch to the public this Fall, and despite all the awesome features, a stand out necessity implemented in this OS is that iOS 13 apps smaller than they were on previous iOS versions.
To numerous people, learning about this innovative OS seems confusing at first attempt, but following a comprehensive guide like this one will give you a clearer picture of the iOS 13.
Part 1: iOS 13 Delete Apps from Update List
Deleting apps from Update List is quite easy on iOS 13. The process involves only 4 steps. These sections are located under the Personalized Recommendations. One thing to note here is that you won’t see the Pending Updates option if there are no updates available for apps. Similarly, the Updated Recently section will be hidden if no apps have been recently updated or downloaded.
Steps to Delete Apps from Update List:
- Launch App Store on your iPad with iPadOS or iPhone with iOS 13.
- Tap on your user ID shown on the top-right corner of the interface.
- On the next screen, find and scroll to the section called Pending Updates or Updated Recently.
- Now swipe left on your desired listed app that you want to delete and tap on the Delete option.
You will need to confirm your action. After that, the app will be deleted.
Part 2: Other Effective Ways to Delete Apps in iOS 13
Following are some other effective ways to delete apps in iOS 13:
A. Tap the “x” on the Icon
This is an old method of deleting apps. In this method, you simply need to hold the icon of the app that you want to delete and tap ‘x’ when it appears.
Follow these instructions:
- On the Home screen of your iDevice, tap and hold the icon of the app that you want to delete.
- Keep holding the icon until it starts to jiggle.
- Once the ‘x’ appears on the icon, tap on it. The app will be deleted.
B. Visit Your Device Storage Section in Settings
You can also delete apps from the storage section of the Settings app on your device.
Follow these instructions:
- Launch the Settings app on your iDevice.
- Navigate to General to find the list of installed apps.
- From that list, select the app that you want to delete and then tap the Delete App option. The app will be deleted.
C. Delete Unused Apps in Bundle
Unfortunately, there is no official way to delete unused apps in bundle in iOS 13 and iPadOS. However, you can do this via the help of a third-party tool called iMyFone Umate Pro. Umate Pro is a powerful iDevice data erasing software and one of its many features is to remove unused iDevice apps in bulk. You can try the free trail first to delete Apps in bulk.
Steps to Delete Unused Apps via Umate Pro:
- Install the FREE TRIAL and Launch iMyFone Umate Pro on your PC.
- Connect your iDevice to your computer via lightning cable.
- From the home interface of Umate Pro, click on 1-Click Free Up Space mode.
- Next, click on the Quick Scan button.
- Once the device is scanned, you will see a list of content that you can erase. Click on Clean.
- Mark the apps that you want to delete and then use the Remove button to start the removing process.
Bonus: iOS 13 Compatibility & iPadOS Compatibility
iOS 13 Compatibility
Following are the devices iOS 13 is compatible with:
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
Following are the devices iPadOS is compatible with:
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
Want to know more about iOS 13 features? Check here to get more inforamtion and answers you shouldn't miss.
Deleting apps from update list of App Store is possible now thanks to iOS 13. However, there is still no official way to delete apps in bundle. If you want to do that, then it is highly recommended that you use iMyFone Umate Pro. This iPhone data erasing tool offers many features, including quickly deleting unused apps in bulk.