iOS 13 beta is here and it comes with various Apple’s enhancements, features, and tweaks. It also features the long-awaited Dark Mode. If you want to install the iOS 13 beta on your device to test out the new features and enhancements, you will need to carefully follow the step by step process written below.
Part 1 How to Install iOS 13 Beta on Your Device
Following are the steps to install iOS beta on your device:
1. Compatible Devices
Before you proceed to download iOS 13 beta, you need to confirm whether your device is compatible with the new firmware. Apple provided an official list of devices that are compatible with iOS 13 beta. They are:
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
2. Sign Up for iOS 13 Beta
Once you have confirmed that your device is compatible with iOS 13 beta, you will need to enroll in the iOS beta program.
Follow these instructions to sign up for iOS 13 beta:
- Visit Apple’s Beta Software Program website on your favorite browser.
- Click on the Sign-Up button to enroll in the iOS beta program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
3. Backup Your Device
After enrolling in the iOS beta program, it is recommended that you back up your device data as installing the new firmware may erase content so you would want to have the backup just in case. You can back up data via iTunes or iCloud.
Follow these instructions to back up data via iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Launch iTunes and select your iPhone in it.
- Next, click on the Back Up Now option to start the backup process.
Follow these instructions to back up data via iCloud:
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to iCloud > iCloud Backup and then tap on the Back Up Now option. The backup process will begin.
4. Download and Install
After backing up your valuable iPhone data, you can proceed to download and install iOS 13 beta.
Follow these instructions:
- Visit Apple’s Beta Software Program website on your iPhone.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, head to the iOS tab via the Enroll Your Devices link.
- Now find and tap on the Download Profile option. It will be shown under the Install Profile section. Download will begin.
- Once the download is completed, launch the Settings app. You will see a notification that the profile can be installed. Tap that notification and follow the on-screen instructions to install the profile. The device will restart.
- Next, launch the Settings app and navigate to General > Software Update. Then tap Download and Install option once the notification about iOS 13 appears.
Bonus 1: Don’t Have Enough Space to Install iOS 13? Clean It Now!
You can use iMyFone Umate Pro to quickly clean up your iPhone and free up a lot of storage space so you can install iOS 13 beta. Umate Pro is a professional iPhone data eraser that can help you erase all types of data permanently.
It’s 1-Click Free Up Space mode allows you to clean junk files, photos, large files, temp files, and more within just a few minutes. It also wipes 3rd-party app data quickly e.g. sensitive data of Viber, Kik, LINE, WeChat, WhatsApp, etc.
Following are the steps of using Umate Pro to free up space:
- Download and install the free trial Umate Pro on your PC and then connect your device to it.
- Click "Quick Scan" to scan how much space can be saved by cleaning up.
- After scanning, you can release space for your device.
Bonus 2: Should I Try iOS 13 on My Device?
iOS 13 is truly a superb operating system update. Not only are iOS 13 apps smaller, but the update also comes with other amazing performance-enabled features.
Before you make the decision to install iOS on your device, it is recommended that you weigh the pros and cons of the firmware.
- iOS 13 beta features sleek new Dark Mode.
- There are several updates to Health, Messages, and Maps.
- Better privacy protection for your device.
- Various performance and stability tweaks.
- The update is a beta, which means you can expect bugs and other issues.
- If you don’t like iOS 13 beta, you will want to downgrade to iOS 12 which can be time-consuming.
If you are okay with the risks involved in a beta version of iOS and really want to test out the new enhancements, then you should install iOS 13 beta on your device.
Bonus 3: How to Downgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 12
If you want to downgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 12, then you will be glad to know that it is possible and the process of downgrading is quite straightforward.
Follow these instructions:
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode then plug it into your PC via lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes on your PC and click on the Restore button.
- Next confirm your action by clicking on the Restore and Update option.
- On the iOS 13 updater screen, click on Next, then click Agree to accept the listed Terms and Conditions. The downgrading process will begin.
iOS 13 beta comes with several new, exciting features and enhancements. By following the instructions provided above, you can easily install iOS 13 beta on your device to test out its features. If you want to free up space on your device to install iOS 13 beta, then it is recommended that you use iMyFone Umate Pro. This tool will help you quickly clean junk/temporary files from your device.