iCloud is a place for Apple storage, which helps secure all your information, photos, documents, notes, and emails at one place. It constantly updates the changing information while connecting different iCloud logged in devices at one place.
Most Apple users always keep their iCloud logged in at all times. But a question always mingles in our mind, is iCloud safe? After recent scandals of famous Hollywood celebrities getting their iCloud information leaked online, most people worry about how truly safe is iCould account. Like most celebrities news, this too spread like wild fire. Now most people are too scared to completely rely on the trusted privacy and security guidelines of Apple’s iCloud account. Although with time Apple has relentlessly worked to improve on their mistakes, but some Apple users are still not convinced as yet.
Is iCloud Secure?
1What Protection Does Apple Take to Protect iCloud Privacy?
Apple has taken some serious steps in order to rectify the security problems users have complained about before. The answer to this question, how safe is iCloud has been a consant concern for millions of iOS users.
- Apple has enabled a two-step verification in order to protect the user and their private information. This extra protection helps you keep yourself safe from any unknown person who might try to access your data through illegal means. If another device does try to log in to you iCloud account, you get a verification message on your other devices. You have to grant access before proceeding. This extra layer of protection helps your iCloud information stay protected and safe. This two factor authentication ensures only user enabled access to personal account and data.
- Since most people back-up their old data on iCloud storage, most of their previously deleted information is also present on their account. Apple has taken serious steps in order to protect this mass data from perpetrators and frauds. Unfortunately apple only has user-end encryption as compared to end-to-end encryption which enables a backfired intrusion of privacy as seen certain scandals before. Apple’s CEO Tim Crook has raised awareness about the two-step verification in order to assist the users in to a safer security option.
2What's Potential Risk of iCloud Privacy?
iClould security and privacy is still standing on thin ice. Apple’s Find My iPhone app is the loophole for invaders. Hackers usually brute force the user’s Apple ID and exploit their way in to the iCloud stored data. The Find My iPhone bug allows the intruder to have unlimited password attempts. With manipulative tools like Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker they can easily break the password code. The hackers can have piles of updated and deleted data as well. This bug is a potential threat to all iCloud users on Apple products.
Worried about iCloud Security? Top 4 Tips to Keep Your iCloud Safe
If you are still wondering if iCould is secure, you can take the necessary steps to prevent any mishap.
1Create Strong iCloud Password
The first precaution you can take is making sure you have a secure password. Easy relatable texts in passwords give an easy passage. Combine capital letters and numbers together to form a completely secure password. Birth dates, anniversary, names of your children, your maiden name are all too easy to guess, so avoid using them. Strictly avoid any favorite band, your birth place or any other relatable guess as your iCloud password.
2Use Two-Step Verification to Sign in iCloud
Apple has especially designed this full proof system to secure their user’s personal data and information. iCloud Two-Step authentication is a standard approach to securing data. When you log in your account using a new device, iCloud would ask you for your password and a 6-digit verification code. This verification would be displayed almost instantly on your trusted device, so only you can log in. Only your trusted devices you would only require to log in using the assigned password. This is the answer to all those who were wondering how secure is iCoud?
To set up Two-Step Verification, you need to log in your Apple ID account and go to “Manage your Apple ID > Password and Security > Two-Step Verification". Then follow the directions to complete.
Since Find My iPhone seems to be the culprit in this case, it is advisable that to turn this application off. Find My iPhone gives a direct access to hackers to guess your password with unlimited attempts.
4Completely Erase Unwanted Private Data on Your iDevice
Simply deleting any data from your iPhone, iPad or iPod is not safe enough to avoid iCloud security risks. Completely erase unwanted personal data from your device and your iCloud account is the best choice. Apple does not provide such option for their users. However, you can come to iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac which is the safest data eraser to keep you data 100% secure.
iMyFone Umate Pro is an easy-to-use application for all your data cleansing needs. You can erase all data and any hidden content by accessing this application, 100% unrecoverable with any recovery tool. If you are being selective and wish to only exclude private data then you can easily do that as well. Most of our deleted data is still not completely erased. With the ‘Erase deleted Files’ options you can get rid of the extra occupied space of deleted content.
- Supported Files: All types of iOS file are supported to be deleted to erased.
- Security Levels: 3 security levels provided for you to choose from, which you can choose not only the safest but also the most efficient way to erase your privacy.
- Erase All Data: It is the all-in-one solution to permanently erase all data and files from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch so as to prevent your data from being stolen by bad guys.
- Erase Private Data: You can individually destroy some unwanted personal data here instead of all data. Not only the default app data, but also the third party app private data, like WhatsApp, Wechat, etc., can be selectively erased here.
- Erase Deleted Files: If you worry about your previously deleted files may suffer the iCloud security risk. No worry. You can find out all the deleted files suffering risks here and completely destroy them.
- 1-Click Cleanup: All unnecessary data or files can be completely cleaned with 1-click, such as junk files, temporary files, photos, videos, movies, and apps.
To delete or erase anything here, it just requires 3 steps to do so.
- Connect: connect your iOS device to computer.
- Erase: choose one erase mode and hit "Scan/Erase" button. Select your unwanted files and hit "Erase Now" button.
- Type "delete" into the box to confirm.