Are you trying to restore your iPhone because you’re planning on selling it or you just want to get rid of all of the junk on your iPhone? Did you try to restore with iTunes, but it just won’t work? Or did you try to restore iTunes backup but it failed? There are some ways to fix this. Let’s take a look at some solutions below:
5 Tips to Fix "iTunes Can't Restore iPhone" After Update
Does iTunes not recognize your iPhone after an update, making it impossible for you to restore your phone? Not to worry, this is actually a fairly simple fix. Probably, you have software on your computer (such as an anti-virus) that is interfering with the connection process. In order to fix this, just follow these basic steps:
- Make sure the iTunes is the latest version. If not, go ahead and update it. Guide to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes.
- Go into the security settings for your PC and turn off your anti-virus.
- Try to restart your computer and your iPhone.
- Plug your iPhone directly into the computer’s USB port instead of using attached keyboard or USB hub.
- Now you can restart your iPhone into recovery mode. You will see a black screen with the word “iTunes” come up once it turns back on. Now you can restore your iPhone.
How to Fix "iTunes Cannot Restore iPhone"
If you continue having this issue “can’t restore iPhone 6 from iTunes” and can’t seem to fix them, there is another way. Since sometimes iTunes can be buggy, there are alternatives that can help you restore your iPhone and manage your data. For example, iMyFone Umate Pro for Win or for Mac is a great choice of iPhone data eraser that can help you completely restore your iPhone even more thoroughly than iTunes can.
- Completely restore iPhone with No traces left for recovery. It’s much safer than reset or restore.
- Wipe all of the data from your iPhone permanently without the possibility of recovery to protect your privacy.
- Preview and selectively wipe any private data from iPhone, 100% unrecoverable.
- Previously deleted files will be found out and completely destroyed.
- Thoroughly erase third-party apps data and incomplete traces: WhatsApp, WeChat, Snapchat, Line, Viber, Facebook, etc.
- Clear all apps cache with just a few clicks for free.
How to Fix It When iTunes Can’t Restore iPhone - Ultimate Way!
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer and open iMyFone Umate Pro (after downloading and installing it).
Step 2: Click the tab that says Erase All Data. Click Erase.
Step 3: Choose a security level. Type “delete” in the text box to confirm. Click Erase Now.
Note that this will permanently delete all of your data on iPhone. You cannot recover this data, even with special recovery software.
How to Fix the Unknown Error When Your Restore iPhone
Occasionally, you might start going through the restore process, but then a dialog box pops up in iTunes informing you that you have run into an “unknown error.” Often, there will be a random number in parenthesis next to it.
Luckily, you don’t need to be a computer programmer to fix “iTunes can’t restore iPhone” issue, either. The number that comes with the error is an attempt to indicate what kind of problem you’re facing. On Apple’s website, you can find a list of the error codes here: support.apple.com. For example, error 11 indicates a hardware problem and error 14 means a USB connection issue.
How to Fix "iTunes Cannot Restore Backup to iPhone8/8 Plus
To set up your new iPhone 8/8 Plus, you may prefer to restore the backup of your old iPhone to it as it's much easier and more convenient. But sometimes, there are some errors when you try to restore backup to iPhone.
Here are some fixes that you should try:
Fix 1. Update your iTunes to the latest version if there is a new one.
Fix 2. Turn off both your computer and your iPhone. Then turn them on again.
Fix 3. If an alert says that your backup is corrupt or incompatible, you won't be able to use that backup. Restore other backup if any. Or you can use iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Manager to restore some media to your new iPhone 8/8 Plus.
- Restore all kinds of media files to iPhone: music, videos, playlists, audiobooks, TV shows, photos, podcasts, etc.
- Restore or enrich iTunes library from unlimited iPhones, iPads, or iPods.
- Backup iPhone/iTunes media and restore backup anytimes.
- Support all formats of media; support purchases and non-purchases.
- Sync media to iPhone without covering the existing data.
- Highly recommended by lots of media, like Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
3 Simple Steps to Restore Media Files to iPhone
Step 1: Launch TunesMate on computer and connect your iPhone 8/8 Plus.
Step 2: Click on Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice tab.
Step 3: Select the files you want to restore and hit Transfer to start.