Parental control app allows you to set Restrictions for your kids on iPhone, iPad, or iPod, which can disable certain apps, keep your children from the inappropriate content, and prevent your privacy settings from changes. Parental control app for iPhone provides you the best way to block your children's access to anything you restricted based on their age and sensitivity, which makes your iOS device an ideal computing platform for kids!
- Set Parental Control on iPhone (iOS 12)
- Set Parental Control on iPhone (iOS 11)
- Bonus: Forgetting Parental Control Passcode? Unlock it without Data Lost!
Best Free Parental Control App for iPhone
Apple provides the parental control app for iPhone named as Restrictions in iOS 11, renaming the Screen Time in iOS 12. Both of them allow you to manage or limit the specific apps and features on your child’s devices from setting up a passcode.
You can control all of the apps and settings according to your child's age, along with your own preferences. So that to help your child form a healthy digital habit, and keep away from the inappropriate content.
Set Parental Control on iPhone (iOS 12)
Step 1: Go Settings on your Home screen. And click Screen Time.
Step 2: If this is your first time to set up Screen Time, click the pop-up screen, and choose Set up as a Parent.
Step 3: Follow the instructions to customize Downtime, Content & Privacy, App Limits, and set up the 4-digit Parent Passcode. (You can choose the content to block: in-app purchases, location sharing, adult websites, etc).
Set Parental Control on iPhone (iOS 11)
Step 1: Go to Settings.
Step 2: Click General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions.
Step 3: Set up a passcode.
Make sure to choose a passcode that's different from the passcode you use to unlock the screen lock, and remember the passcode, in case you need to disable the Restrictions later. If you forget the passcode, you should restore the iPhone as a new device according to Apple’s instructions, all of your data will be lost. But don’t worry, there is another way to help you recover the Restrictions when you forgot the passcode without losing data.
Bonus: Forgetting Parental Control Passcode? Unlock it without Data Lost!
Apple allows you to monitor your children’s digital activity through its built-in parental control app for iPhone. You can use parental control on iPhone to block or unblock the certain features. Without the four-digit passcode, parental control can't be changed. If you have forgotten the passcode, don’t worry, iMyFone LockWiper could help you to unlock either Restrictions passcode or Screen Time passcode.
LockWiper Unlock iPhone Parental Control without Passcode
- It can recover the Restrictions passcode and remove the Screen Time Passcode without losing any data.
- If you have a second-hand iPhone with screen lock, you can use this software to reset it.
- It supports all kind of passcode like 4 or 6-digit passcode, Face ID and Touch ID with locked iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- It cam also remove the Apple ID on activated iOS devices without password.
- It is fully compatible with all iOS version and models like iOS 12 and the latest iPhone XS/XR.
LосkWiреr helps you unlock parental control раѕѕсоdе withоut any hassle:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone LockWiper software on your computer and choose "Unlock Screen Time Passcode".
Step 2: Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
Case 1: Recover Restrictions Passcode on iOS 11 and Earlier.
Step 3: Click "Start to Unlock" button to proceed.
Step 4: The software finishes recovering, and shows you the current restrictions passcode of your device.
Case 2: Remove Screen Time Passcode on iOS 12 and above.
Step 3: Click "Start to Unlock" button to start.
Step 4: The software successfully removes the Screen Time passcode.
Top 3 Parental Control Apps for iPhone
Parental Control & Kid Tracker
Parental Control & Kid Tracker is one of the best parental control app for iPhone which allows you to find your children’s devices in seconds, and manage their time spending on iPhone. You can locate your children, and receive instant location alerts, which helps to keep your children safe.
- One-touch internet and App blocker
- Screen time schedules throughout the day/week.
- App rules to block specific apps
- GPS Geofencing
- Real-time alerts that update you on your children’s movements
- Child and Family tracking, using Family locator and Places.
- Blocks texting apps
- New App alerts- notifies you when your child installs a new App
- Porn Blocker
- Find my iPhone &iPad: Locates any of the devices paired to parent’s account, in case of theft or loss.
- Block/allow Websites: Safe internet surfing by preventing access to specific apps.
This App offers Plus and Premium monthly auto-renewed subscriptions which are charged to your iTunes account. However, a free trial period of 1 week is available.
Parental Control App - Kidslox
Kidslox as a perfect parental control app for iPhone, enables you to set daily limits for your children. Just choose how much time they can spend on iPhone per day. When the time runs out, their devices change to Lockdown mode. It also features powerful content blocking, which ensures that your kids are protected from inappropriate URLs.
- Set screen time limits every day.
- Individually disable disruptive/corruptive apps and sites.
- Use the Kidslox timer to set on/off periods in child or Lockdown Mode.
- Switch between unrestricted ‘Child mode’, ‘Parent mode’, and fully restricted ‘Lockdown Mode’ at the tap of a button.
- Use a unique Kidslox PIN to prevent your kids from changing or tampering with restrictions.
- Block internet access
- Filter porn, and other adult contents to guarantee a safe browsing experience for your children.
On sign up, Kidslox gives you a 14-day (2 weeks) free trial period. After that, you either use the free basic version, or subscribe for $3.99 monthly, $19.99 for 6 months, or $39.99 for a year. There is also the lifetime (one-off) subscription for $79.99.
Circle: Smart Family Control
Circle offers a smart way to manage all of your family’s connected devices. You can set time limits, control your family content and online time, even pause the internet. It can work with Wi-Fi, so you can easily manage your family devices on your network without requiring to put the app on their devices.
- Set up individual Filters for each family member
- Set time limits for apps and websites
- Avoid late night surfing by setting Bedtime for each family member
- Reward your children by pumping up their Time limits, extending Bedtime, or removing off time.
- Pause internet for individual family members and their devices, or even the whole network with just one click.
- Schedule daily/weekly internet-free timings using Off Time.
Circle comes in two optional self-renewing subscriptions- Circle Go, and Circle Premium (for supporting NETGEAR routers), and they are charged to your iTunes account. They both cost $4.99.
The parental control app for iPhone offers a number of ways to prevent your kids from accessing inappropriate websites. You can establish time limits for individual apps, set a downtime period, and enable Restrictions to protect your kids' privacy and restrict their access to explicit content.
The parental control as a useful tool can limit your child’s time on games, social media, and restrict certain content. These will be a headache if you forget the passcode, iMyFone LockWiper will help to unlock your passcode in a few minutes without losing data.