You can also read this guide in Français.
Most iPhone owners are familiar with taking selfies and shots of documents that they use at school, at work or from financial institutions. These shots are often saved as images in your iPhone. The picture album used to store this is what is called the Camera Roll in iPhone.
You may thus have hundred of pictures in this camera roll. You may, overtime have such a large photo collection, such that you lack space for taking other photos. Or you may wish to have some sensitive pictures taken out of the camera roll. If this is the case, you will need to delete camera roll on iPhone.
How to Manually Delete Camera Roll on iPhone
Deleting the camera roll iPhone is not an all complicated process. But the manual way doesn't allow you to delete all the photos and videos from Camera Roll all at once.
Way 1: Delete Camera Roll According to Albums
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select Albums from the bottom options.
- Go into the specific album, like Selfies.
- Click on the Select button and then Select All.
- Click on the trash can that is at the lower right of the phone's screen.
- A prompt will appear, asking if you wish to delete the number of photos selected. Click on it to delete the photos.
- You need to repeat the above steps for each album.
Way 2: Delete Camera Roll According to Added Date
- Go to Photos app on your iPhone.
- Access your photos by Years > Collections > Moments.
- Click on Select and hit Select beside each date. You need to click on Select for each date if you want to delete the whole Camera Roll.
- Click on the trash can and confirm by clicking "Delete XX Photos".
However, if you don't need the photos any more, follow the steps below to remove them from your iPhone.
- When you are in Photos app, go to Albums tab from the bottom.
- Find "Recently Deleted" album and tap on it.
- Click "Select" and then "Delete All". Finally, click "Delete XX Photos"to confirm.
Are the Deleted Photos Gone Forever?
No. The deleted photos can be recovered easily with recovery tool or snooped by hackers, until you overwrite them. That's why it's important to permanently delete them instead of moving them to trash.
How to Permanently Delete Camera Roll on iPhone
Thus, it may be necessary to use other third party apps to destroy iPhone camera roll. One such app is iiMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. This software is designed to make iPhone deleted files 100% unrecoverable by any recovery tool or organizations, including FBI. It also saves time to clean up iPhone.
- You can selectively erase iPhone photos or delete the whole camera roll at once, saving much time.
- Deleted photos or videos cannot be recovered any more.
- Deleted photos which are still recoverable will be found out and permanently wiped even from iPhone drive.
- You have chance to backup photos to computer or external hard drive before deleting.
- You can choose to compress photos without losing any quality, but save 75% photo space.
Just 3 Steps to Permanently Delete Camera Roll on iPhone
Step 1. Download and run the program on your PC or Mac, and connect your iPhone with the USB cable.
Step 2. Choose from the erasing modes according to your needs, like Erase Private Data. Let it scan your iPhone
Step 3. When scanning finishes, you can preview and select unwanted photos, or just check "Select All". Let it start to erase all the selected photos.