If you own any of the Apples’s products like Mac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, or iPod Touch, you would be familiar with iCloud and what it is used for. But, there may be a time when you need to delete your contact from iCloud. For some newbies and even regular users, it can be confusing to delete contacts from iCloud. In this piece, we will look at how to delete contacts from iCloud effectively and safely.
How to Delete Contacts from iCloud
To Delete A Single Contact from iCloud
- Open iCloud.
- Select the contact you wish to delete.
- Press the Delete key.
- A dialog box will appear, click Delete.
- Done deleting.
To Delete Multiple Contacts from iCloud
- Open iCloud in your PC browser and then click Contacts.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and click the first contact you want to delete. Select as much as you want to delete.
- Release the Ctrl key while your selected contacts will remain selected. You may not see an Edit option or a Delete icon.
- Move over to the lower-left corner of the screen. There, you will see a gear icon, click to bring up the Actions menu.
- Now, click on Delete and confirm the deletion.
- Contacts deleted.
Permanently Delete iPhone Contacts from iCloud for Privacy Protection
The contact is some kind of personal data, you may want to erase permanently some private contacts from your iPhone, to make is unrecoverable so that no one else can restore your personal contacts. For this, only delete contacts from iCloud will not be enough.
If you are seeking the best way to erase contacts from iCloud permanently, then you have got to look at what iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac can do. Umate Pro can permanently erase all or a single iPhone contact from your iCloud, even your previously deleted contacts can be detected and erased. It is a powerful tool that you can use on all iOS devices. Let’s look at what Umate Pro can do for you.
- Erase Private Data: This option is good to delete a particular contact permanently. You cannot recover it thereafter even with the most modern recovery tool.
- Erase Deleted Files: This is the option that is used to your previously deleted contacts permanently for privacy protection. The program will found your deleted files on your iOS device, then you can preview and erased them to make it gone forever.
How to Permanently Erase iPhone Contacts with iMyFone Umate Pro
Step 1:Install iMyFone to your PC or laptop computer, then connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to the PC with a cable.
Step 2:Choose the right erase mode and scan your device.
Step 3:When the scan analysis comes on, select the contact to be deleted. And click on the “Erase Now”.
Step 4:Input 'Delete' when prompted. Confirm deletion when asked. And the contacts will be permanently erased.
As you can see, Umate Pro is a powerful tool that can help solve the problem of erasing iPhone contacts. Umate Pro prevents iCloud from adding the deleted unwanted contacts and this shows just why you should have Umate Pro.
- iMyFone deletes iPhone contacts from iCloud permanently with Zero opportunity to recovery.
- It gives options to preview files before erasing, to avoid deleting other important data.
- 1-click cleanup make sure that you always have enough storage on your iDevice by deleting all junk/temporary files, app caches, compressing photos, mass removing unwanted photos/videos/apps.
Little Tips: Delete Duplicate Contacts from iCloud
Follow the below steps to delete duplicate contacts from your iCloud:
- First, make a copy of your contacts on iCloud.
- Open the iCloud Contacts.
- Click on the Card menu.
- Select Card and look for Duplicates.
- When prompted, click on Merge.
- Now, go over steps 2 and 3 again until no duplicates are found.
All the above steps will help you to delete your contacts from iCloud including duplicate contacts. However, these methods will not permanently delete those contacts, which is just what you need. Therefore, it is imperative that you go for a system that can delete those unwanted contacts from your iCloud and iMyFone Umate Pro is your best help in this regard.