You can also read this guide in Français.
Have you ever wondered as to where does your iPhone store the reminders that you create? If not, the simple answer is, in your phone’s memory. Although quite obvious, many seem to ignore this fact and do not remove reminder lists from their phones.
What’s the harm? Well, storing reminders can take up a lot of memory on your iPhone and hence result in a slower performing device. Furthermore, having so much on your phone can also tamper with other important systems operations of your device that can cause serious glitches.
As a result, it is vital that you keep deleting your reminder lists once you do not need them anymore.
How to Permanently Erase Your Reminders on iPhone (100% Unrecoverable)
Have you noticed that deleted data is still recoverable? It's true. To secure your privacy, your iPhone data should be overwritten. Umate Pro is a highly efficient data erasing program that can make your life easier in minutes. It has a lot of erasing modes which you can choose from and permanently erase your files accordingly. iMyFone Umate Pro/iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac finds all the deleted files that can be recovered by other software. Then, it completely erases those records, making them completely unrecoverable!
- Offer free way to check if hidden deleted reminder lists stay on iPhone
- Permanently erase reminders from iPhone for privacy protection
Check and Erase Hidden Deleted Reminders from iPhone:
So run iMyFone Umate Pro to scan deleted reminders which are still recoverable and erase them thoroughly from iPhone.
Step 1: Connect your device to your computer and launch iMyFone.
Step 2: Select the “Erase Deleted Files” option. iMyFone will start scanning your device for all your hidden and deleted data.
Step 3: Once scanned, all the private files will be displayed. You can select the Reminder category from the menu.
Key features of iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone wins thousands of loyal users every year and receive lots of positive reviews
- Free up iOS Storage: iMyfone Umate Pro allows you to save up storage space by removing various redundant files such as junk files, temporary files, app caches, cookies, crash logs, corrupted fils etc. You can use the one-click cleanup option to clear up files in bulk.
- Manage Media Files: You can mass delete photos, videos, apps and other large files. Conversely, if you do not wish to delete your photos, you can compress iPhone photos so as to free up 75% of your photo space. You can also export them to your PC.
- Permanently Erase iOS Data: You can erase all current and previously deleted data completely therefore wiping your phone altogether. Messages, call histories, contacts, erase WhatsApp, photos, videos etc. can all be erased in one go.
- Erase Private fragments: This feature allows you to completely erase all sensitive traces from third-party Apps: WhatsApp, WeChat, Snapchat, Kik, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Viber, Skype, Chrome, Line etc.
How to Delete Reminders from iPhone (Recoverable)
1 Delete Reminders List iPhone from the Device
Deleting reminders lists is actually very easy. If you are looking to remove them from your devices, here is what you should do:
- Go to the Reminders app in iPhone or iPad. And find Menu, tap on it.
- Press the Edit button which can be found in top right corner of the iPhone.
- You will see a delete button appear next to each list. Tap on the one you want to delete from your records.
Before you begin deleting the reminder lists on iPhone, make sure that you have checked all your important notes carefully. Sometimes, the lists are shared with other people as well, and deleting lists without going over them can result in the loss of important information for somebody.
2 Delete iPhone Reminder List from iCloud
If you want to remove reminder list on iPhone from iCloud as well, follow the simple steps below:
- Choose the reminder list you want to delete.
- Find the reminder that you want to erase on the list.
- Press Backspace Key or the Delete button.
Remember that when you remove these lists or reminders from iCloud, they will be deleted from all devices where the iCloud reminder has been activated. Suppose you delete the list or a particular reminder via iCloud Web, it will automatically be removed from the reminders app on your iPhone as well. But note that this is only a simple deletion, not a permanent erasure.
Simply Deleting the Reminder Lists from iPhone Is Not Enough
Manually deleting the reminder lists is not enough. There are a certain disadvantages to this, such as:
- The list or reminder may remain stored in the cache memory.
- If the lists are shared, you might not be able to unsubscribe from them and hence, the data will remain stored in your phone.
- Manually deleting the list means that anybody can recover data easily with a recovery tool and have access to your private information.
How to Mark a Reminder as Complete?
Marking reminders on your iPhone as complete is not as hard as you may think it is. Simply follow the steps mentioned and you will be all set.
Step 1: Open the Reminders app
Step 2: Locate the item that you like to mark as complete.
Step 3: Tap on the checkbox on the left of the item. Doing so makes the item disappear from the list.
It is possible that you mark the wrong item or that you want to see the completed item again. As such, you can view the item again by going to the Completed section of the Reminders app.
How to Change the Priority of a Reminder on iPhone or iPad?
Quite frequently, one needs to change the priority of an item on one’s reminder list. To your relief, iPhone allows its users to do just that in a very convenient manner. You can change the priority of the respective items by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Go to the Reminders app and tap on the list in which you have the item whose priority you want to change.
Step 2: Tap on the reminbder and then tap the info button marked with an i.
Step 3: Tap on the Priority level you want to set. You can choose from, Low (!), Medium (!!) and High (!!!).
Step 4: Tap Done.