Reminder lists can be very helpful when it comes to keeping up with busy schedules and managing a hectic work life. However, once a particular task or project is over, what use is the reminder list anymore? This is exactly why you have to learn how to delete reminder list iPhone.
Keeping reminders on your phone not only confuses you but also takes up a lot of storage space. Therefore, removing these reminders can make things much more efficient. Sometimes, you may not want others to see your private reminder list and that is another reason why you should be deleting them once all the tasks are complete.
Part 1: How Delete Reminders from iPhone
1 Delete Reminders List from iPhone
Deleting reminders lists is actually very easy. If you are looking to remove them from your devices, here is what you should do:
- Go to the Reminders app in iPhone or iPad. And find Menu, tap on it.
- Press the Edit button which can be found in top right corner of the phone.
- You will see a delete button appear next to each list. Tap on the one you want to delete from your records.
Before you begin deleting the reminder lists on iPhone, make sure that you have checked all your important notes carefully. Sometimes, the lists are shared with other people as well, and deleting lists without going over them can result in the loss of important information for somebody.
2 Simply Delete iPhone Reminder List from iCloud
If you want to remove reminder list on iPhone from iCloud as well, follow the simple steps below:
- Choose the reminder list you want to delete.
- Find the reminder that you want to erase on the list.
- Press Backspace Key or the Delete button.
Remember that when you remove these lists or reminders from iCloud, they will be deleted from all devices where the iCloud reminder has been activated. Suppose you delete the list or a particular reminder via iCloud Web, it will automatically be removed from the reminders app on your iPhone as well. But note that this is only a simple deletion, not a permanent erasure.
Simply Delete the Reminder Lists from iPhone Is Not Enough
Manually deleting the reminder lists is not enough. There are a certain disadvantages to this, such as:
- The list or reminder may remain stored in the cache memory.
- If the lists are shared, you might not be able to unsubscribe from them and hence, the data will remain stored in your phone.
- Manually deleting the list means that anybody can recover data easily with a recovery tool and have access to your private information.
Part 2: Free Way to Check If You Have Hidden Deleted Reminder Lists on iPhone
The reminders that you think you have already deleted might be hidden. This means you may not be able to view them properly. Apart from being annoying, it can cause you trouble in terms of privacy protection as these hidden reminder lists can be retrieved by others.
Therefore, it is never a bad idea to have an app that can serve as your on-the-go assistant to help you with situations just like these. One such app is iMyFone Umate Pro / iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. A unique easy-to-use data erasing application, iMyfone Umate Pro is a robust and effective tool that will make your life a lot easier.
In order to view hidden reminders using iMyFone, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Connect your device to your computer and launch iMyFone.
Step 2: Select the “Erase Deleted Files” option. iMyFone will start scanning your device for all the your hidden deleted data.
Step 3: Once scanned, all the private files will be displayed. You can select the Reminder category from the menu.
Part 3: Permanently Erase Your Reminders on iPhone to Avoid Privacy Leak
Umate Pro is a highly efficient data erasing program that can make your life easier in minutes. It has a lot of erasing modes which you can choose from and permanently erasing your files accordingly. iMyFone Umate Pro finds all the deleted files that can be recovered by other software. Then, it completely erase those records, making them have no Chance to be recovered
As you have alredy scan your iPhone and found out all your deleted reminders on iPhone, Now you just need to preview & select the deleted iPhone reminders and click on "Erase Now" button to completely delete reminders from iPhone.
Key features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Free up iOS Storage: iMyfone Umate Pro allows you to save up storage space by removing various redundant files such as junk files, temporary files, app caches, cookies, crash logs, corrupted fils etc. You can use the one-click cleanup option to clear up files in bulk.
- Manage Media Files: You can mass delete photos, videos, apps and other large files. Conversely, if you do not wish to delete your photos, you can compress iPhone photos so as to free up 75% of your photo space. You can also export them to your PC.
- Permanently Erase iOS Data: You can erase all current and previously deleted data completely therefore wiping your phone altogether. Messages, call histories, contacts, erase WhatsApp, photos, videos etc. can all be erased in one go.
- Erase Private fragments: This feature allows you to completely erase all sensitive traces from third-party Apps: WhatsApp, WeChat, Snapchat, Kik, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Viber, Skype, Chrome, Line etc.