You can also read this guide in Français.
There are different reasons depending on the situation that warrants an iPhone user to erase data from their iPhone. Sometimes it is borne out of necessity and other times, it is borne out of emergencies – slow performance and full device storage. More often than not though, the issues are related to data privacy and confidentiality. Situations that occasion such needs include:
- Selling iPhone to buy the latest update
- Giving back company iPhone
- Restoring device to a new state
- Improving performance and creating free storage space
- Simply trying to cover up things – skeletons that should remain buried
Part 2. 3 Ways to Erase iPhone without Password -- Data Recoverable!
1. Permanently Wipe iPhone without Password - Data Unrecoverable
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser or iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser for Mac can permanently erase iPhone data from being recovery again, including chats on third party apps. Unlike normal factory reset, iMyFone ensures that all data will be completely wiped and the erased data is 100% unrecoverable by any hack tool,even by FBI, so as to secure your personal information.
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Eraser
- Erase data to be 100% unrecoverable: Data that erased by Umate Pro is no longer recoverable with any recovery tool.
- Erase also previously deleted files: This option finds previously deleted files and erases them permanently.
- Erase private data: Will delete all private files, from photos, videos, texts to call history, internet history,accounts and passwords, bank infos etc.
- Erase 3rd party data:It's the only tool which allows you to preview and selectively erase 3rd party chats - WhatsApp/WeChat/Kik/Viber messages & attachemnts.
Steps to Permanently Erase iPhone without Password
Note: For erasing iPhone without password, firstly, you should make sure that "Find my iPhone" is turned off.
Step 1. Download iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser to your computer. Run and install the downloaded file and connect your iDevice – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Step 2. If you want to erase all data on your iPhone, choose the erase mode like "Erase All Data". If you just want to erase some specific data, then choose from other erasing modes:Erase Private Data, Erase Deleted Data, Erase Private Fragments.
Step 3. Click “Erase” and then "Erase Now" button to erase everything on iPhone, including Apple IDs and iCloud IDs.
A significant proportion of its usefulness comes from its ability to remove and erase files permanently with zero chance of being recovered by all kind recovery tools in the world. It also removes the extra burden of having to remove files manually and deleting them one after the other.
2. 3 Ways to Erase iPhone without Password - Data Recoverable
Life happens, and you can forget the passcode to your iPhone. Fret not though, there’s a way around performing a reset without your passcode. You can use iTunes, iCloud or use recovery mode to Erase iPhone without passcode.
1 Erase iPhone without Passcode via iTunes
Your iPhone have to have been synced with the iTunes you use. Do the following if that’s the case:
- Connect your iPhone to computer.
- Open iTunes and click on the device tab at the upper left corner on iTunes.
- Once done, click on “Restore iPhone” and follow the instructions to erase iPhone without passcode.
2 Wipe iPhone without Passcode Through iCloud
- Login to your iCloud.com/find and enter your login details.
- Select “All Devices” on the top part of the browser.
- Select your device and click “Erase Device” to erase the device and its passcode.
- Now the device is available for restoration from a backup.
3 Erase iPhone without Passcode via Recovery Mode
- Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes.
- While connected, do a “Hard Reset” as explained above.
- In this case, don’t let go until you see the “Recovery mode" screen.
- When this comes on, select “Restore” on computer.
- The process begins, and should be done in less than 15 minutes.
Disadvantages to manual reset
While the iPhone reset can erase iPhone without Passcode, it also has its disadvantages. Why?
- Perhaps the most important reason is the fact that files and data deleted by iOS can be recovered using powerful recovery tools, which defeats the purpose of erasing the data in the first instance.
- Manually resetting can also have complications if you choose the wrong option.
Bonus: How to Hard Reset iPhone with Passcode
Hard reset simply talks about making the device restart or reboot forcefully because something went wrong. Usually these includes: phone freezing during games, very slow device, you’ve changed settings and other forms of unsatisfactory phone behavior.
To perform a hard reset to erase iPhone is very simple and straightforward. Hold the sleep/wake button at the top of the iPhone along with the “Home” button till the Apple logo appears on the screen. This usually takes between 5 and 20 seconds depending on the state of the iPhone. Allow the iPhone to boot normally and wait till it gets to the home screen.