There are different reasons depending on the situation that warrants an iPhone user to erase data from their iPhone. Sometimes it is borne out of necessity and other times, it is borne out of emergencies – slow performance and full device storage. More often than not though, the issues are related to data privacy and confidentiality. Situations that occasion such needs include:
- Selling iPhone to buy the latest update
- Giving back company iPhone
- Restoring device to a new state
- Improving performance and creating free storage space
- Simply trying to cover up things – skeletons that should remain buried
Part 1: How to Erase iPhone with Passcode
Hard reset simply talks about making the device restart or reboot forcefully because something went wrong. Usually these includes: phone freezing during games, very slow device, you’ve changed settings and other forms of unsatisfactory phone behavior.
To perform a hard reset to erase iPhone is very simple and straightforward. Hold the sleep/wake button at the top of the iPhone along with the “Home” button till the Apple logo appears on the screen. This usually takes between 5 and 20 seconds depending on the state of the iPhone. Allow the iPhone to boot normally and wait till it gets to the home screen.
Part 2: How to Wipe iPhone without Passcode
Life happens, and you can forget the passcode to your iPhone. Fret not though, there’s a way around performing a reset without your passcode. You can use iTunes, iCloud or use recovery mode to Erase iPhone without passcode.
1 Use iTunes to Reset iPhone without Passcode
Your iPhone have to have been synced with the iTunes you use. Do the following if that’s the case:
- Connect your iPhone to the system.
- Open iTunes and wait for syncing and backup.
- Once done, click “Restore”.
2 Use iCloud to Wipe iPhone without Passcode
- Login to your iCloud.com/find and enter your login details.
- Select “All Devices” on the top part of the browser.
- Select your device and click “Erase Device” to erase the device and its passcode.
- Now the device is available for restoration from a backup.
3 Erase iPhone without Passcode via Recovery Mode
- Connect your device to a computer having iTunes and open iTunes.
- While connected, do a “Hard reset” as explained above.
- In this case, don’t let go until you see the “Recovery mode screen”.
- When this comes on, select “Restore”.
- The process begins, and should be done in less than 15 minutes.
Disadvantages to manual reset
While the iPhone reset can erase iPhone without Passcode, it also has its disadvantages. Why? Because of the following:
- Perhaps the most important reason is the fact that files and data deleted by iOS can be recovered using powerful recovery tools, which defeats the purpose of erasing the data in the first instance.
- Manually resetting can also have complications if you choose the wrong option.
Part 3: Permanently Erase iPhone with No Chance to Recovery
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a well-designed and easy-to-use tool created for iOS devices. It is designed to help iOS device owners manage their data efficiently. The tool deals with all kinds of data on iPhones and iOS devices including those on third party apps.
iMyFone is trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world.
A significant proportion of its usefulness comes from its ability to remove and erase files permanently with zero chance of being recovered by all kind recovery tools in the world. It also removes the extra burden of having to remove files manually and deleting them one after the other. This makes it handy, easy-to-use, swift and important if you want to erase your device for any reason. This powerful product also comes with 3 different erase options that put the power with you according to your needs:
Erase all data: Erases all data permanently with zero chance of being recovered.
Erase deleted files: This option finds previously deleted files and erases them permanently.
Erase private data: Will delete all private files from third party apps and iOS system data.
How to Use iMyFone Umate Pro to permanently Erase iPhone
These are the steps to take use iMyFone Umate Pro:
Step 1. Download iMyFone Umate Pro to your computer. Run and install the downloaded file and connect your iDevice – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Step 2. Choose the erase mode that fits your need.
Step 3. Click “Scan” to see details about your device.
Step 4. Click “Erase Now” to erase the selected data from your device.