iCloud is a very useful feature on iPhone. It is also quite popular amongst iPhone users especially because of its “Find My Phone” feature. The feature allows you to remotely control your iPhone and other Apple devices and even track them.
This is pretty useful when you lose your iPhone or other Apple device. But, what you don’t know is that iCloud continues to track your iPhone even after you’ve stopped using it or given it away. This is because your device remains on iCloud unless and until you delete it.
What Does “Remove Device from iCloud” Do?
Removing device just delete it from the iCloud account list. But if the device is still signed in and connects to the internet, it will reappear on the list again. That’s because this procedure does not remove a device from an Apple ID remotely.
From another angle, your device data won’t be affected if you remove it from iCloud.
Note: You may find a device that you are not familiar with on your iCloud account list. You’d best remove it immediately and change a new iCloud password.
- Method 1: Remove Device from iCloud Via iMyFone LockWiper
- Method 2: How to Remove Device from iCloud on iPhone
- Method 3: How to Delete Device off iCloud on Mac
- Method 4: How to Remove Device from iCloud via Official Website
Remove Device from iCloud Via iMyFone LockWiper
Using iMyFone LockWiper is one of the easiest ways to remove device from iCloud. LockWiper specializes in solving various issues related to Apple ID or iCloud account. You will need to use its Unlock Apple ID mode in order to remove your device from iCloud. Apart from this, there are many other benefits of LockWiper. For example, it allows you to bypass any kind of lockscreen of your iDevice in case you forgot the passcode. It can even bypass Touch ID lockscreen of an iDevice with a broken screen.
Top-Level iCloud Remover:
- Remove your iDevice from iCloud conveniently with just a few simple steps.
- Solve a wide range of issues related to Apple ID.
- Remove your Apple ID from your device via this tool even if you don’t have Apple ID password.
- Bypass/remove lockscreen of any iDevice. LockWiper specializes in bypassing various types of lockscreen, including 4-digit passcode, Face ID, 6-digit passcode, and Touch ID.
- Unlock iDevice passcode regardless of whether your device is disabled, it has a broken screen, you forgot the passcode, etc.
Steps to Remove Device from iCloud Via iMyFone LockWiper
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to your PC. Your operating system must detect the device properly otherwise the process might not work.
Step 2: Launch LockWiper and once it is launched, choose the Unlock Apple ID mode.
Step 3: Now start the process by clicking on the Start to Unlock button shown on the next screen.
Step 4: Once iCloud account removal process is complete, you can freely use with your device with other iCloud account.
How to Remove Device from iCloud on iPhone
The first way we recommend to delete a device off iCloud is using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Locate iCloud. Tap your iCloud name.
- Once you have accessed iCloud, go to your account details screen and choose “Devices”. You will see all devices synced to your iCloud account here.
- Tap on the device you want gone and click Remove From Account. A verification message will pop up, Click “Remove” to confirm then the device will be gone from the list.
How to Delete Device off iCloud on Mac
You can use the following steps to delete your device off iCloud on your mac.
- Launch “System Preference” on your Mac and click on “iCloud” to open it.
- Click on “Account Details” on the left side of the screen. You will see a password prompt that requires your Apple ID password. Enter your password and click “Continue”.
- On the Account Details window, tap on “Devices”.
- Highlight the device you want to remove and Click “Remove From Account”.
- Tap “Remove” from the pop-up confirmation window.
How to Remove Device from iCloud via Official Website
Or you can delete a device off iCloud via the icloud.com site.
- Go to “Settings > iCloud” on your device. Then turn off “Find My iPhone”. Alternatively, you can reset your Apple device to factory settings.
- Go to iCloud.com on your browser. Sign in with your iCloud account.
- Navigate to Find iPhone on your iCloud account.
- Then click “All Devices” and choose the offline device.
- Click on “Remove from Account” and the device will be removed from your iCloud account.
Note: You may see "Erase iPhone" option there which is different from "Remove from Account". "Erase iPhone" not only removes the device but also erase all contents and settings from iPhone.
It’s very convenient that you have 3 choices to remove a device from iCloud. But since it doesn’t erase the data from the device, if you worry about your private data entering the wrong hands, take advantages of iMyFone LockWiper. With it, you no longer have anything to worry about.