iCloud is a very useful feature on iPhone. It is also quite popular amongst iPhone users especially because of its “Find My Phone” feature. The feature allows you to remotely control your iPhone and other Apple devices and even track them.
This is pretty useful when you lose your iPhone or other Apple device. But, what you don’t know is that iCloud continues to track your iPhone even after you’ve stopped using it or given it away. This is because your device remains on iCloud unless and until you delete it.
What Does “Remove Device from iCloud” Do?
Removing device just delete it from the iCloud account list. But if the device is still signed in and connects to the internet, it will reappear on the list again. That’s because this procedure does not remove a device from an Apple ID remotely.
From another angle, your device data won’t be affected if you remove it from iCloud.
Note: You may find a device that you are not familiar with on your iCloud account list. You’d best remove it immediately and change a new iCloud password.
- Method 1: How to Secure Your Device Data, 100% Unrecoverable
- Method 2: How to Remove Device from iCloud on iPhone
- Method 3: How to Delete Device off iCloud on Mac
- Method 4: How to Remove Device from iCloud via Official Website
How to Secure Your Device Data, 100% Unrecoverable
The Tool You Need to Safely Erase Device Data
The basis behind deleting your device off iCloud is to secure your private data. You won’t get much better privacy security elsewhere than you would with iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser.
Umate Pro, the leading data eraser for iPhone, iPad and iPod, allows you to permanently erase iPhone data, leaving no chance of recovery. You have no privacy concerns with Umate Pro. When you delete data with it, that data becomes 100% unrecoverable.
Top-Level iPhone Data Eraser:
- You don’t have to worry about your private data when you’re selling your iPhone, recycling it or giving it away.
- Before you permanently delete data, you can preview and select those unwanted.
- Previously deleted data that still remains on your device will be scanned and fully wiped.
- All messages, contacts, call history, photos, videos, browsing history and more can be wiped.
- It’s recommended by software review authorities, like getintopc.com, MacWorld, APPKED, etc.
How to Delete Your Device Data Completely
There are four great erasing options that you can pick from with Umate Pro. Note that you need to first turn off “Find My iPhone” in order to use any of the erasing modes. To get your ultimate data erasing experience, all you have to do is use the following steps:
Step 1: Launch Umate Pro from your desktop and connect your Apple device to your PC. You will be directed to the homepage.
Step 2: On the Umate Pro homepage, you will have four different erasing options. Here for example, we select the “Erase Private Data” tab and click “Scan”.
- Choose Erase All Data if you want to fully erase everything from iPhone.
- Choose Erase Deleted Files if you wish to make previously deleted files gone forever.
- Choose Erase Private Fragments if you want to secure your 3rd-party app experience, like Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.
Step 3: It will show you the scanning result. You can double click each one to preview and only select those data you need to erase. Click Erase Now then.
Step 4: Type “delete” into the box and click the “Erase Now” button to let the erasing process start.
How to Remove Device from iCloud on iPhone
The first way we recommend to delete a device off iCloud is using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Locate iCloud. Tap your iCloud name.
- Once you have accessed iCloud, go to your account details screen and choose “Devices”. You will see all devices synced to your iCloud account here.
- Tap on the device you want gone and click Remove From Account. A verification message will pop up, Click “Remove” to confirm then the device will be gone from the list.
How to Delete Device off iCloud on Mac
You can use the following steps to delete your device off iCloud on your mac.
- Launch “System Preference” on your Mac and click on “iCloud” to open it.
- Click on “Account Details” on the left side of the screen. You will see a password prompt that requires your Apple ID password. Enter your password and click “Continue”.
- On the Account Details window, tap on “Devices”.
- Highlight the device you want to remove and Click “Remove From Account”.
- Tap “Remove” from the pop-up confirmation window.
How to Remove Device from iCloud via Official Website
Or you can delete a device off iCloud via the icloud.com site.
- Go to “Settings > iCloud” on your device. Then turn off “Find My iPhone”. Alternatively, you can reset your Apple device to factory settings.
- Go to iCloud.com on your browser. Sign in with your iCloud account.
- Navigate to Find iPhone on your iCloud account.
- Then click “All Devices” and choose the offline device.
- Click on “Remove from Account” and the device will be removed from your iCloud account.
Note: You may see "Erase iPhone" option there which is different from "Remove from Account". "Erase iPhone" not only removes the device but also erase all contents and settings from iPhone.
It’s very convenient that you have 3 choices to remove a device from iCloud. But since it doesn’t erase the data from the device, if you worry about your private data entering the wrong hands, take advantages of iMyFone Umate Pro. With it, you no longer have anything to worry about.