There could be many reasons that you need to reset your iPhone. Maybe you are planning to sell it or give it away, or maybe you simply want to recycle it, but don’t want your personally information to be vulnerable. The problem is that it’s easy to forget a passcode on an old phone, and then you won’t be able to reset it. Thankfully, you can reset iPhone 4/4s without password.
Simple Ways to Reset iPhone 4/4s without Password
1. Hard Reset iPhone 4 without Passcode
Hard resetting iP 4/4shone without passcode is fairly easy. Just follow these steps:
- Hold down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
- Keep holding them until your iPhone 4/4s turns off and turns back on.
- When you see the Apple logo come onto the screen, that means you have successfully done the hard reset.
2. Reset iPhone 4/4s without Password When "Find My iPhone" is Off
2. Make sure iTunes is up to date.
3. Turn off your iPhone.
4. Hold down the iPhone’s Home button, and connect the other side of the cable to your iPhone, so that your iPhone 4/4s and computer are connected.
5. When the iTunes symbol comes up on the screen, let go of the Home button.
6. Launch iTunes if it didn’t start already.
7. Click “Restore” when the prompt comes up.
8. Wait for iTunes to connect to the server.
9. Click “Restore and Update” when the prompt comes up.
10. Click “Next,” then “Agree.”
11. Now you wait for iTunes to download and install iOS on your iPhone 4/4s. This will reset your iPhone 4/4s to factory settings without passcode.
Is Factory Reset Safe Enough?
If you perform a factory reset like this, then all your private data should be gone, right? Wrong, actually. Much of your data will still be in your iPhone’s device drive until it is overwritten. That’s how digital data storage works - unless you use a third-party application to permanently erase and scramble this data so that it is no longer recoverable.
If you value your privacy, then obviously just a manual factory reset is not enough. If you sell or give away your old iPhone 4/4s, it's conceivable that someone could use tools to extract your data if you don’t permanently erase it.
3. Permanently Reset iPhone 4/4s Beyond Recovery
Thankfully, it’s fairly easy to permanently erase your iPhone data with a tool called iMyFone Umate Pro Win or iMyFone Umate Pro Mac. This will perform the equivalent of a factory reset, but will actually erase all of the data so that it is unrecoverable.
"Unless you like your privacy being invaded, then secure erasure is an absolute must. To stop the identity thieves stealing your data from your smartphone, you need to be able to pack a powerful punch. That punch can be delivered using iMyFone Umate Pro. -- MacWorld"
- Erase All Data - All iPhone 4/4s data will be completely overwritten that none of deleted data is recoverable, which is safer that factory reset.
- Permanently delete messages, contacts, call logs, notes, WhatsApp/Line/Viber/WeChat data, and any iOS files.
- Previously deleted files can be found out and permanently deleted.
- Private fragments left by third-party apps can be totally erased to protect privacy from being stolen.
How to Reset iPhone 4/4s without Passcode, 100% Unrecoverable
Here is how you can use iMyFone Umate Pro to easily erase all the data on your iPhone 4 permanently and beyond recovery:
Step 1: Plug your iPhone 4 into your computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click “Erase All Data.” Click “Erase.”
Step 3: Confirm your genuine intention to erase all the data on your phone permanently by typing “delete” into the box. Click “Erase Now.”
Warning: Make sure that you really intend to delete all your data! It cannot be recovered beyond this point!
Useful Tips from Umate Pro:
- Boost up iPhone - Cache, crash logs, corrupted files, etc left on your iPhone will affect iPhone running performance. Just remove them from iPhone to improve running performance.
- Space Saver - You can 1-click to clear up temporary files and also mess delete apps.
- Photo Manager - Photos can be compressed losslessly or mass deleted from iPhone.
- Media Exporter - You have the option to back up photos, videos, music to computer. But if you need to transfer media to iPhone, you can try iPhone Files Transfer.