Erasing iPhone data is something that most iPhone users must have encountered. However, most of the times, the only possible way to easily delete iPhone data is through iTunes. Nevertheless, this may not be the only option, you can also erase iPhone without iTunes.
When will you need to erase iPhone without iTunes?
- Well, first and foremost, if you have forgotten your passcode, then it is more than likely that iTunes will not work.
- Secondly, iTunes itself may have some glitches that prevent it from recognizing your device.
- Lastly, if you want to completely erase your data so that it is absolutely unrecoverable, then iTunes may not be the tool for you.
3 Ways to Erase iPhone Data without iTunes
- Method 1: Permanently Erase Data: Selective & 100% Unrecoverable
- Method 2: Erase iPhone from Settings App
- Method 3: Erase iPhone using iCloud
Method 1: Permanently Erase Data: Selective & 100% Unrecoverable
When it comes to erasing data of almost any sort, there is perhaps no better tool than iMyFone Umate pro.
With iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac, you can selectively erase your data on your iPhone in just a click and all the information will be erased permanently, which means it becomes 100% unrecoverable. Therefore you do not need to worry about privacy or any safety issues.
Here are the steps to erase iPhone data without iTunes:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone Umate Pro and connect your device to the computer.
Step 2: Click on the “Erase Private Data” option.
Step 3: Preview and select the data to erase: messages, call history, safari history, notes, WhatsApp data, WeChat data etc.
Step 4: Click on “Erase Now”.
Step 5: Type in “delete” to confirm and click “Erase Now” .
iMyFone Umate Pro also lets you do other things in terms of data erasing.
- Optimize your storage space: its one-click clean up feature which helps you clear all unnecessary junk and temporary files, compress photos, export & delete large files, uninstall Apps etc.
- Complete erasure: you can use the “Erase All Data” option to completely erase all iPhone data to get a totally new iPhone.
- Erase iPhone history: the “Erase Deleted Files” mode will erase files that have previously been deleted, so these history will cannot be recovered by any data recovery tool.
- Erase Third-party Apps: Almost all third-party Apps can be erased: WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik, Viber, Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat etc.
- Trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world.
Method 2: Erase iPhone from Settings App
All you need to do is go to Settings -> General -> Reset and then tap on the Erase All Content and Settings option.
All your data will be erased and your phone will be as if it were new.
Method 3: Erase iPhone using iCloud
Step 1. Simply go to iCloud.com and go to Find My iPhone.
Step 2. Click on “All Devices” and select your device.
Step 3. Click “Erase”
Disadvantages of Using iTunes to Erase iPhone
Although iTunes has been a major breakthrough in a world filled with smartphones and apps, there are however, some drawbacks of using iTunes, especially when it comes to erasing data from your iPhone.
One of the commonest concerns is the speed with which iTunes operates. iTunes, being a holistic iPhone media manager, tends to do more than what it can take. That is, not only does it manage your media files, but also takes care of the entire iOS. This slows things up significantly.
Furthermore, it is not very effective when used on Windows.
Also, iTunes does not have any restrictions on what type of data can be stored or downloaded. This poses serious security risks.
In addition, quite ironically, there are simply too many restrictions for the user in terms of numerous password requests.
Lastly, iTunes is not compatible with various file formats.